Digitas

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Strategy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Digitas in May 2013.

Interview Details – In-house recruiter found my profile online and vetted my interest in a conversation. This was professional and well handled -- got a clear description of the job and the requirements, why they thought there could be a fit. Likewise, the internal HR team at the local office was likewise buttoned up and very congenial.

My issue is that I would have been relocating for the position and I think either this is a relatively unusual situation for them or they haven't yet gotten the hang of how to "sell" the agency and its location. The visit was incredibly short -- I met with four people and assumed for this reason that it was a round to vet me down from a longer list of potential applications. I had neither time for lunch nor time to simply hang out at the agency let alone in town. It turned out this was the one and only visit they thought I would have, which was very strange both for me and for them. Felt rushed and gave me a sense that they were over-eager to close the spot -- an indication that maybe it was going to be a churn and burn type of job that they were having a hard time selling. Maybe they thought they didn't need to sell it, but I didn't signal that as far as I was aware. I was interested but doing my own due-diligence, too.

Beyond this, for the most part the senior staff I met with were congenial, with the exception of one manager who literally showed up 15 minutes late and left 15 minutes early for a 45 minute meeting, with vague apologies. Everyone gets crunched for time, but to me this seemed a preview for how much time and attention I could expect from my colleague, and it was not attractive. Better to cancel/reschedule outright than be so flippant, I think. Others were interested in me and I got an offer, so they weren't blowing me off because they were sure I wasn't worthy.

Reason for Declining – Chose to pursue other options that arose.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Digitas

Worked for Digitas? Contribute to the Community!

Digitas Videos

Digitas – Why Work for Us?

Digitas - Creating inspired ideas that move people in new ways Digitas, the top global integrated brand agency, builds active brands for some of the foremost companies in the world. In 2012 Digitas was named OMMA… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Digitas Strategy interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Digitas employees and interview candidates.