Dignity Health

Updated Dec 6, 2014
Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.8

IT Interview

I was shocked by the individual whom interviewed me. They started by expressing I am not nor do I know what HR would ask so tell me about yourself.

Applications Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dignity Health.

I applied through the company's website after seeing a posting for the position on Monster.com. 2 months went by and I finally got a email from the hiring manager requesting a good time to conduct an interview for the position. I declined the interview as I already found a new place of employment.

Middle Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Dignity Health.

Varies by department. Sometimes they do panel and sometimes they do a phone interview. HR does not get involved, which is a problem in my opinion. Interviewers are not given a questions guide and ask whatever they think they need to hear. Just prepare for the "normal" questions and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    Always ask - they can only say no

Applications Developer III Interview

Interview went great with tech team and fellow code monkeys. this is mainly a review of the horrible HR practices and how I was screwed out of a job offer by HR.
    So team liked me and made an offer that was below what I originally asked for. I re-asked for a higher offer. They came back with something slightly over their initial one. After all that was said and done and agreeing that i will come on board i was told of the offer letter will be sent within 24hours and approved. It took a week of no messages and disappearance by HR to finally hear back that "we are sorry but we decided to go with someone else" .. basically after telling me congrats and welcome a board.... just total b.s. never have dealt with any ordeal like this.. it's either "no thank you" for both sides or one side and we go our ways but never like this... both sides agreed on a salary and compensation and I was told that the offer letter will be sent to sit tight and wait for a week and then "someone killed the offer upstairs" ... b.s.... I got the vibe the code monkeys were nice themselves.. hr a total different breed although nice and sweet on the phone they just basically strung me along for no reason for a full week.. If i had given notice to my other job I would have been royal screwed by these folks... never applying/dealing with this company and its horrible horrible hr manager and hr folks.

Interview Questions
    • None the questions were pretty standard senior level questions   Answer Question
    they screwed me over after acceptance on my end by tricking me for a full week and then saying "actually we don't want to hire you"

Human Resources Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dignity Health in August 2014.

The interview was initially a phone call describing the position to identify if I was still interested. It was a flex position without benefits or a set schedule. After the phone interview I met with the hiring manager who reviewed the details of the position and asked other questions related to my experience and my interest in this unique opportunity. A lot of the details of office space had not yet been figured out. I was given a copy of the employee handbook to review and walked around the office. I was called later that week and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience working with doctors in an on-boarding setting? Are you willing to travel to a variety of medical facilities to perform the functions of an HR position? There are periods of little work availability and period of high pace need, are you ok with that type of work? How do you balance your priorities?   Answer Question

Initially I accepted the position but another company gave me an offer I could not refuse. The position was a flexible position and ultimately I needed something full-time with benefits and I was unsure how soon the position I was offered would turn into that. There was no room for salary negotiation, it was based on experience listed in resume. Benefits were also not included in the offer as it was a flex position.

Program Manager - New Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dignity Health in August 2014.

Called after 2 weeks of applying by HR. Nervously asked about salary requirements. The position called for someone with 10 yrs experience or with at least a Master's Degree. I answered in low six figures, though I have over 10 years of experience in both IT and healthcare. The HR person sighed and told me I could not be accepted in their system, as the pay would not be above six figures for anyone. Two months later the job is still on boards, unsurprising. If DH cannot pay for quality it will not find capable people, and I am unsettled as I really like the people I know at this organization; they seem to care about people and patients.

Interview Questions
    • Is it all right that we can't pay high enough for your expectations?   View Answer

Physical Therapist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dignity Health.

One must complete the online application. IF the applicant qualifies for the job description, then an interview process can begin. The individual will meet the departmental person in charge making the decision to hire.

Nonnegotiable.

Social Worker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dignity Health.

professional, fair process

a recruiter offered the job the salary was set, not negotiable

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Dignity Health in April 2014.

Over a 4 month period, I was sent an online assessment, completed and passed that. Then I was scheduled for a panel interview, passed that, then I was scheduled for a clinical assessment and had passed that. After that I was contacted by a clinical manager whom I was referred to by my application recruiter. I was Emailed and asked to schedule an interview. I went in for an interview about 1 week later, during my interview I had a secondary manager sit in who had an opening in another department. I received a call about 30 minutes after leaving the interview asking me to come in the next day for a panel interview. I went in for the panel interview with the office staff on a Friday, and was called on Monday being offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • If we were to call your employer, what is something negative they would say about you?   Answer Question
    No negotiation in wage, since it's a Union based job.

Physician Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Dignity Health.

The interview process was easy and well organized. Communication following the interview was sometimes slow.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. More of a tour and orientation to the medical center and introduction to medical staff.   Answer Question