Dignity Memorial Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dignity Memorial (Bellevue, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

3 Interviews total with the market recruiter, sales manager, and then general manager. The recruiter asks a lot of sales related questions, the SM ask more questions the individual/personality, and the GM asks more questions to see if you would fit the team.

Interview Questions

• If you were at a Chamber of Commerce event for 30 minutes with business representatives from the local area, how many people would you connect with?   Answer Question

Family Service Counselor Interview

Interview

On the interview I was extremely impressed with the layout of the place. I was interview at a location in New Orleans, and the people were very friendly. This was the first part of it. Now that I have been assured the job, I am expecting to enter into training where I will learn the skills to make sales.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dignity Memorial (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

Over four weeks time invested, and meeting two managers, I was thorough, prepared, and more than qualified with state license needed, and years of retail sales experience. We had a decent exchange of questions and answers for one another.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you take the offer...we have never had that happen before and do not want it to happen in the future.   1 Answer
    • How many end of life policies did you sell on a cold call over three weeks time at the call center?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase, it was a take of leave it attitude.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dignity Memorial (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

The interview is simple, easy, and almost laughable in hindsight; don't let them intimidate you.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult questions to answer. Instead, ask them about the compensation; the work hours; the scheduled time off; the days you will be ON-CALL; the number of hours this will take to ramp up business within the first 3 months; how many counselors are currently working; how long has each team member been there; how long has the sales manager been there; what is the monthly quota for the location;   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. For sales counselors its hourly minimum wage; for assistant sales managers the base is $25K, for sales manager the base is $40K

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dignity Memorial.

Interview

phone interview. basic. was very informal process. just seemed as they wanted to get to know your personality.

Interview Questions

• standard interview questions. why you want to work for digbity.   Answer Question

FSC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dignity Memorial (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview consisted of several things being said about the position that just didn't turn out to be true. There also turned out to be just as many omissions about the position, compensation, and schedule. The interview was more them selling the position than it was asking questions. Second interview basically the same but another higher up representative of the company sat in and backed up everything said in the first interview. After being told they intended to hire me it took over 8 weeks for the paperwork to be processed, and I was told to come in twice only to be turned away because of paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you like helping others, especially during difficult times?   1 Answer

Family Service Counselor Interview

Interview

Lies. Fake tears to make you think they actually cared about helping people. Misrepresented pay structure. As I look back this entire experience was an education. Life is not the bottom line$. It is sad to think/know that there are people out there that would so blatantly play on others emotions. Very sad. I learned exactly what kind of person that I would never want myself or my children to be.

Community Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dignity Memorial (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very slow hiring process. they were reluctant to answer how many people made over a certain figure. I kept being told my questions would be answered in training. I should have seen it as a red flag, but like everyone else I met, they needed a job Management doesnt want people to know how few people are successful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Family Service Interview

Interview

The Hiring and interview process went very relaxed and casual. I was interviewed by a sales manager who had been in Family Service for a number of years. Even though there is a strong emphasis on meeting sales goals, caring and serving families concerning this difficult time/topic is highly valued.

Interview Questions

• I was simply myself; I brought to the table who I was and deeply held values - just the idea of working at a cemetery / funeral home was, at first, quite a hurdle! ;-)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dignity Memorial (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Job Fair > Interview > Job Offer Individual at job fair was very persuasive. The actual interview went very well, but I did ask him one question I was curious about. "Why are you trying to sell me this job?". It didn't make sense. With all the numbers he was throwing at me. In a cautious move I am not turning them down yet. However, I am not liking what I am seeing on this site!