Dillard's

Updated Jan 25, 2015
Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.2

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dillard's.

The process was fairly easy since I had already been working as a part time sales clerk.
I interviewed with the area manager at the time and as well as the store manager for the position over the men's area. So it was a within the company advancement opportunity. The process went smoothly and my training began immediately.

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Dillard's in August 2014.

Went through 3 different steps. Had to drive to 3 different stores. My second interview the interviewer was late and I had to wait 20 minutes for him to get it together. The job they sold me was not the job I got when I started

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dillard's.

Applicants must take a People Answers test before being considered for an interview. It is graded, if you test 2 or higher the applicant will be contacted for an interview. The applicant will interview with a manager of department where there is a job opening. If the manager likes the applicant, there will be a second interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • The People Answers test is very long, analyzes smarts and work ethics compared to that of Dillard's working environment. Best to take exam at home, where you are in a comfortable and quiet location.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dillard's.

got in touch with an internship coordinator (a job that no longer exists) and flew down for the interview. Got a call not long after where I was offered the internship (position (for not nearly enough pay to live on.)

Interview Questions
    Just took what was offered... needed internship to graduate

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's.

Was recruited right out of college. I had 2 in person interviews and was offered the position in the 2nd interview. I might with the Regional Manager and 2 recruiters, it was very laid back. There were no tough questions at all during the interview process. The interview was very quick and easy

Interview Questions
    • There were really no tough questions in either of my interviews. They are just trying to get a feel for who you are.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dillard's.

Promoted from within

Shoot for the stars. If you low ball yourself you'll be working for pennies in the long run.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dillard's.

Interview consisted of basic questions. Nothing too extreme.
    Typical questions: How will you drive business?, Do you consider yourself competitive?, Tell me about your work experience.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's in March 2013.

I was referred by a friend who was a current Dillard's Associate. My resume had been shared with the Store Manager with whom I met once. The interview was very collegial and it mostly consisted of us discussing my past retail experience. I focused a lot on retail culture, effective management skills, and the Dillard's brand. I was told that there would be an available ASM slot, and, by the next week (following this interview) I was offered an ASM position.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no difficult questions -- it was a very organic conversation between two individuals. I did however make sure that I knew a lot about Dillard's (history, culture, and private label) beforehand.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as I was extremely happy with the offer (very high 40's).

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dillard's.

Submited updated resume to Operations Manager of store as a sales associate per her request for an updated resume. Interviewd with District manager and was told that he would have to think long and hard about what he was going to do with me.

Interview Questions
    Was told by store manager what the salary would be and asked would I accept or was this my last day with company.

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dillard's in August 2011.

Strange application process. No online capabilities - you go into the offices and use their kiosk. There are no area's to apply for managemnt, so they call you in, determine you're way overqualified, then try to figure out what to do with you. I hope to receive an offer, as the people I interviewed with were terrific!