Dillard's Assistant Buyer Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Buyer Interview

interviewed at Dillard's in November 2013.

The interviewer seemed to talk and "lecture" me the majority of the interview. When he did let me talk he asked very general questions and did not seem at all interested in what I had to say. In general, the interviewer seemed very cold and impersonal. I was surprised that I was offered the next round of interviews.

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Dillard's in May 2010.

Came to college campus, asked about company history, where I would see myself in 5 years, and other basic interview questions. Then I went to the buying office for interviews with the President, DMM, etc

No negotiation

Assistant Buyer Interview

Meet VP at a career fair. After graduating college, he referred me to another VP in which I have several "meetings" with VP's, in order to place me into a certain department. Once a position opened up, I interviewed with multiple people. The entire process lasted around 3 hours.

Assistant Buyer Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in January 2009.

Sent in resume to be considered, awaited phone call. Went in for initial interview, laid back seemed like a great company to work for. Discussed career path, goals, experiences, schooling etc. Called back for a second interview with second management person. More formal, a little more intense quick interview. Waited for phone call, came back in again.

Interview Questions

Worked for Dillard's? Contribute to the Community!