Dillard's Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated May 21, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and then interviewed with a sales manager, Assistant Store manager and then Store Manager. Process was quick but then you have to come back another day and spend 5 hrs watching the training videos. There is no cash register training and no one on one training available to associates.

Interview Questions

• How do you maintain your customer base ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Even though I was a well seasoned sales person I was not offered a full time position. I felt the pay scale was low in comparison to the quota that was to be made. The store manager was only concerned about his sales quota.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's (Buford, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Met with department manager I was interested in. Met store manager, both people "Dillardized" asked about experience and what my expectations were.talked about salary and need to truly understand that I needed to earn my pay since it was higher per hour than most other retailers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Went through three interviews. First was with the Women's RTW Department Manger. Second was with the Assistant Store Manager. Final was with Store Manager. It was simple and easy. The store was hosting a career fair.

Juniors Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dillard's (Buford, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

I was recruited by some one who already worked for Dillard's so it was a breeze. I met with the woman's department supervisor and then the store manager. The next day he called me for an appointment for an interview

Interview Questions

• It was a little uncomfortable that my interviewer gave the death stare for several moments before we started but he basically asked me about myself and then discussed pay   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate because they recruited me from another retail. I asked for another dollar and got it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dillard's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Presentation is everything. You must dress professionally from asking for an application to the interview. By professionally I mean suit and jacket for men also a tie and don't for get dress shoes. For women I would suggest a modest black dress with black heels. During the interview do not the phrase "I think." It shows that you are doubting yourself which is the last thing you want to do. Be professional, ask questions, take notes. The more interested you are with them, the more interested they will be with you.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you should work at Dillard's?   1 Answer

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dillard's (Atlanta, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

very simple process. it's such a revolving door, they have to fill positions immediately.

Interview Questions

• simple basic interview by an inexperienced interviewer.   Answer Question

Selling Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dillard's (Atlanta, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

They are so desperate for employees, if you dress nice and can speak in full sentences you are hired.

Interview Questions

• How soon can you come to work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's (Atlanta, GA) in January 2010.

Interview

I was asked about my previous employment history, my strengths and weaknesses, why I wanted to work for the Company, who was I referred to by, and what could I offer to the job.

Interview Questions

My current job offered me an increase

Visual Merchandising Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's (Atlanta, GA) in September 2009.

Interview

Showing proof of your job experience in a portfolio is important. Come dressed for success because your attire gives management a "first impressions" of you. Carries a lot of weight with them. Customer service and sales are most important to company and knowledge of both important.

Interview Questions

• Every interview was different. An online questionaire tells them a lot about you and they weigh heavily on that and a background check before hiring.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They try to be competitive with what you were currently making at another position. They are willing to pay a top price but much will be expected of you which is only fair.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's (Atlanta, GA) in March 2008.

Interview

in interview with regional vice president

Interview Questions

Negotiation

set salary