Dillard's Counter Manager Interview Questions

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Counter Manager Interview

As simple as filling out an online application, meeting with an assistant manager, then the general manager and starting the next week.

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brandon, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dillard's in September 2011.

Went to customer service, applied on a computer terminal and waited to meet with the store manager. Met with her and was offered to start training the next day. Wanted a position right off the bat in management but was told I needed to prove myself first. They said they valued internal promotions and I would need to work my way up. Sold as a very positive experience with a company I would want to retire from. Office and building were very clean. Receptionist very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected, more or less standard interview regarding experience and where I saw myself.   Answer Question
    It didn't seem like I was able to negotiate pay of $9/hr. Was told there was a 2-week and 3-month evaluation period that would set my pay more appropriately after they could see my performance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dillard's in June 2010.

I sent my resume in via a craig's list ad. Then was called and asked to come in and complete the application. Was interviewed on the spot by two ams'. Was called the next day and asked to meet with the store manager.

They offered me .50 less than they advertised. I pointed that out, then they told me that I was wrong. I produced a hard copy of it and they agreed to pay the full amount. They offered a commission plan that ended up not being the way they said it was.

Worked for Dillard's? Contribute to the Community!