Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Dillard's
- Sales Associate (162)
- AREA SALES MANAGER (27)
- Intern (8)
- Assistant Buyer (7)
- Beauty Advisor (7)
- Retail Sales Associate (6)
- Women Shoes Sales Associate (6)
- Selling Business Manager (6)
- Cosmetics Associate (5)
- Assistant Sales Manager (4)
- Assistant Store Manager (4)
- Management (4)
- Business Manager (4)
- Counter Manager (3)
- Customer Service (3)
- Men's Shoes Sales Associate (3)
- Sales Manager (3)
- Sales (3)
- Cosmetic Counter Manager (3)
- Cosmetic Sales (3)
- Executive Development Program, Buyer Training (2)
- Sales Specialist (2)
- Cosmetics Sales Associate (2)
- Store Manager (2)
- Salon Manager (2)
- Visual Merchandising Manager (2)
- Mens Sales Associate (2)
- Dillards Department Store Customer Service Representative (2)
- Visual Sales Manager (2)
- Executive Development Program (1)
Counter Manager Interview
As simple as filling out an online application, meeting with an assistant manager, then the general manager and starting the next week.
Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's
Counter Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Dillard's (Brandon, FL) in September 2011.
Went to customer service, applied on a computer terminal and waited to meet with the store manager. Met with her and was offered to start training the next day. Wanted a position right off the bat in management but was told I needed to prove myself first. They said they valued internal promotions and I would need to work my way up. Sold as a very positive experience with a company I would want to retire from. Office and building were very clean. Receptionist very friendly.
- Nothing was difficult or unexpected, more or less standard interview regarding experience and where I saw myself. Answer Question
It didn't seem like I was able to negotiate pay of $9/hr. Was told there was a 2-week and 3-month evaluation period that would set my pay more appropriately after they could see my performance.
Counter Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Dillard's (Kansas City, MO) in June 2010.
I sent my resume in via a craig's list ad. Then was called and asked to come in and complete the application. Was interviewed on the spot by two ams'. Was called the next day and asked to meet with the store manager.
They offered me .50 less than they advertised. I pointed that out, then they told me that I was wrong. I produced a hard copy of it and they agreed to pay the full amount. They offered a commission plan that ended up not being the way they said it was.