Dillard's

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dillard's in January 2013.

Interview Details – There are online applications, but you must come in to Customer Service on the third floor and fill out the electronic application on the kiosk to be considered. Then there is one interview with the head manager or most likely the ops manager, and a final interview with the manager of the specific department you'll be in. Usually this is all in the same day.

Interview Question – They ask all the usual questions. Tell me how you would handle a difficult customer, etc.   Answer Question

Pensacola, FL

I applied in-person and interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details – I was told of a soon to be open position by someone who already works for Dillard's. The person who told me about the position spoke to the hiring manager about 30 minutes before the following, and was told I could come down and apply.

I went in and filled out their application on their computer (took about 15 minutes, typical job personality questions and job history). When I finished, the application told me to call a number on the phone next to the computer and ask for someone to come down and talk to me. I called and was told I would have to wait thirty minutes as there were no managers (there actually was a manager there, I saw her walk in earlier and although I didn't realize she was a manager at first, she was the one I spoke to after waiting 30 minutes). So I waited 30 minutes and called back, and the person on the other line told me that she would try to send someone down. Twenty minutes later, someone rushes out and simply asks for my name, without greeting me or anything. I told her and she went to print my application (which took about 5 minutes). We went into a conference room and she started "looking over" my application. She said, "Blah, blah, blah..." while she skimmed over it. When I told her that I was referred for a specific position, she went to get the manager for that area (who was the lady I saw walking in earlier). The new manager then realized the application the other manager had printed wasn't even mine, it was for someone named "Jorge" (I'm a girl and my name sounds nothing like that, how could she mess that up?). She printed the right application and brought me to her office. We sat down and she essentially told me that she wouldn't be hiring for the position and would likely just transfer someone from another department. She didn't ask me any questions and just dismissed me.

Overall, it was the most unprofessional experience I have ever had. Considering the reviews from the people who do work for Dillard's, I can imagine it is a terrible place to work.

Customer Service

The process took a day - interviewed at Dillard's in March 2011.

Interview Details – Go in, fill out application on the computer (in-store only). Fill out availability and interest questionnaire, then participate in a screening interview one-on-one with a manager. If you get a callback, you are offered a job. If not, you must re-apply after 30 days to be considered for the next hiring month.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Worked for Dillard's? Contribute to the Community!