Dillard's

Dillard's Interview Questions in Houston, TX

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dillard's in September 2013.

The process was simple. The operations assistant was cordial when she called me for the initial screening. She asked a few questions about my retail experience and why I left my last position. It took about five minutes and she scheduled me for an in-person interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was why would a person with a master's degree want to work as a sales associate in a department store.   View Answer
    There was no opportunity to negotiate pay. The hourly rate was the same for all PT associates and your sales would be the main determinant of future increases.

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dillard's in February 2013.

initial interview with a department manager, second interview with store manager.

offered new position with a different company

Assistant Area Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Dillard's.

I had applied for Dillards months ago, and was surprised to get an email from the asst manager wanting to meet with me the next day. I came in, the Interview was very laid back and she asked me questions about my previous jobs, deep down I knew that this had been too easy. She told me that she would look at the jobs that were open and place me In a sales associate position or area sales manager position. I called back a few days later to see If she had found something, all she could say is that she enjoyed meeting me and would let me know If something should become available. Like I said before I knew It was to good to be true, I assumed they Interviewed me because they already had something available not for something later on down the road. smh.

Jewelry/Watch Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's in April 2012.

I submitted my résumé on monster but also came in to apply at the I store kiosk. The HR contacted me one or two days later to schedule an interview for two days later. My interview was with the home department manager. The interview went by very pleasantly, he definitely put me at ease with the interview and I rarely told him about me, he was almost persuading me to take the job. I passed that interview and he set me up with an interview with the store manager the following Monday which I believe was three days later. The store manager was very nice, upbeat and pleasant as well. He asked me a few questions about my previous jobs and when I told him I used to work at a jewelry store that customized bracelets and showed him mine and how the charm bracelet works, I believe that sold him and he hired me on the spot. I signed paper work right after I left his office and started a three week training process the following week. But nonetheless the interview with the store manager was more of him explaining to me how the store works.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate as he offered me a great base pay that is much more than what others got.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dillard's in August 2010.

Went well. No problems encounter during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are related to the position I applied for.   Answer Question