Dillard's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.1

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Dillard's (Frisco, TX).

Interview

I was called by a recruiter that found my resume online. We had a few phone calls and next thing I knew I was flying to Texas for an interview. I interviewed with two people and was offered a job during lunch..

Interview Questions

• They asked for me to provide sales numbers and volume of previous businesses I worked for.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Both managers talked for a brief amount of time and I had the job by the time I left the interview, they really didn't ask any hard questions, just went over my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dillard's (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Easy going. Not a lot of pressure. It's fairly common that if you get called for an interview, you will most likely get hired. Interviewing for a management position could take much longer once you interview with all the people in the process. Getting offered a management position could take months.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Hiring process took one week. I applied online received a call on Monday for an interview on Wednesday. I got interviewed by 2 managers and hired on the spot. I also have to interview with a Estée Lauder.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a beauty advisor ? What make up do you wear? Ect   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's (Maumee, OH).

Interview

Applied, a few days later a beauty manager called and I had a phone interview, a couple days after that I had a face to face interview with the store manager. Compensation was not discussed until orientation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had poor customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Walked in, got an application, turned it in, got an interview, went to the interview, didnt get any questions answered, woman had ADD, no one was focused, put in paperwork for a background check, got a call the next day with a part time offer, went to orientation without being told Id be working, wore horrible heels, spent an hour and a half on paperwork and videos, then finally, worked in horrifying heels until I cried my eyes out.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions? -Not answered, she was so distracted that when I began my question she literally interrupted and moved on to the next thing.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Called on a Sunday for interview. First interview was easy, relaxed, straight forward, none of the canned questions which provide no info to potential employer. Second interview was a few days later and it was also relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Something about if I considered myself OCD about anything   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

I was referred by an employee to apply. I filled out an application online that took about an hour. First interview was with the store manager. Very comfortable conversation about my past experience and future goals. Second interview was with district management about week later. Both interviews were relaxed and covered basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How would I motivate different personalities within my assigned area.   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dillard's in July 2015.

Interview

I applied on a Friday, got a call from the cosmetics manager to set up a face to face interview. After interviewing with the cosmetics manager she called me back the same day and scheduled my second interview with the store manager two days later. I had my interview with the store manager and later that day I received a phone call with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in cosmetics?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you were in a bad situation with a coworker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as the starting pay was around what I was already making in a position I hated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dillard's (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

For me I was given a call from the ops manager he found my resume on monster.com. I was interviewed by an intern and an area sales manager. Its not often like that though. When i was hired the process was completely different than it is now.