Dillard's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Completed application onsite, I spoke with a DSM who asked my work experience and what brought me into the store. She then set me up with an interview with the store assistant manager for the next week, whom after seeing my resume he was already impressed. Asked me what department I was looking to work in, and confirmed my availability and told me I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone stealing?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Not intimidating at all. Asked about my resume, previous employer and college education. Told me a bit about the position. No real 'name a time when you...' Or customer related questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Store manger interviewing me bumped up the normal starting wage bc my 'good energy and good education.'

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Dallas, TX).

Interview

My interview lasted around 45 minutes. It was like a personality test which i think i did well. I asked the lady after what was the selection process like, and she told me that if they liked me i would have to take the famous gallup test. And then after that, an interview with the manager. 3 weeks passed by and never heard from them. Today, i get a call from a lady saying that the HR person loved me and that i was set up for an interview with the manager tomorrow!! No phone interviews, no gallup test, and now im meeting with the manager?...i looking him up, and he is the manager for the product that if i get the job will be selling.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dillard's (Frisco, TX).

Interview

I was called by a recruiter that found my resume online. We had a few phone calls and next thing I knew I was flying to Texas for an interview. I interviewed with two people and was offered a job during lunch..

Interview Questions

• They asked for me to provide sales numbers and volume of previous businesses I worked for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Charleston, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with store manager . The interview was around 10 minutes and very relaxed. He said they pay very well because they want their employees to have a career with them. After about 5 minutes he said he wanted to set me up with a second interview. I hope to do well at the second interview. Be sure to dress nicely, like you already work there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself What's good customer service What's bad customer service How can you help us and how can we help you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The questionnaire took me 5 hours! After finishing it, I got a call for an interview. The person to person interview went well but had to wait 3 weeks to finally start working.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself. What did you do at your last job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me about Dillards and that the starting rate is $12.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Both managers talked for a brief amount of time and I had the job by the time I left the interview, they really didn't ask any hard questions, just went over my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Easy going. Not a lot of pressure. It's fairly common that if you get called for an interview, you will most likely get hired. Interviewing for a management position could take much longer once you interview with all the people in the process. Getting offered a management position could take months.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Hiring process took one week. I applied online received a call on Monday for an interview on Wednesday. I got interviewed by 2 managers and hired on the spot. I also have to interview with a Estée Lauder.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a beauty advisor ? What make up do you wear? Ect   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Maumee, OH).

Interview

Applied, a few days later a beauty manager called and I had a phone interview, a couple days after that I had a face to face interview with the store manager. Compensation was not discussed until orientation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had poor customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation