Dillard's Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.1

Clinique Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dillard's (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2008.

Interview

Talent plus interview, district manager interview, store manager interview, regional cosmetic business manager interview. Have as many learning experiences as possible. Be open and honest. Its a hard but fun job. This position can really open a lot of doors for the future. Be willing to be dedicated to the position and remeber that your people are only as good as you. Be willing to coach and develop your team and be able to work with a lot of different personalities and coach to each one.

Interview Questions

• If you have someone that you know is an alcoholic how would you handle the situation even if they come to work sober   1 Answer

Negotiation

Really not able to negotiate.

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dillard's (Little Rock, AR) in April 2010.

Interview

Invited to Little Rock.

Waiting

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

I was contacted over the phone and asked to come in for an interview. Upon arriving at the store, I was asked to fill out a Dillard's online application which consisted of work history, references and a personality test. That took about 30 minutes. After that, I had a 1:1 interview with the Assistant Store Manager which went so well, she asked me to stay and meet with her Store manager immediately. The Store Manager was more intense and she asked about my personal and career goals. After the interviews, she asked me to submit to a background check. I got a call from her by the end of the week asking me to meet with the district manager. The district manager asked a few scenario questions, "tell me of a time..." questions but I felt the interview at this point was more of an observation of my personality and demeanor. An offer was made on the spot and the salary was finally revealed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in retail?   1 Answer
    • If you could do anything in the world, what would be your dream job?   Answer Question
    • What did you learn from your department store internship? Why didn't you follow a career with them after the internship?   1 Answer
    • Tell me of a time when you were in a group, and one or more of the members was definitely not pulling their weight. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a group that you were in that did well. Why did that group function well and what did you do to give improve the functioning of the group?   1 Answer

The hours were typical for retail and the position was ok. The pay was a little less than I felt I was worth and the benefits were downright poor. Overall, I already had other opportunities that I was pursuing and had seen better opportunities in the past.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dillard's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Presentation is everything. You must dress professionally from asking for an application to the interview. By professionally I mean suit and jacket for men also a tie and don't for get dress shoes. For women I would suggest a modest black dress with black heels. During the interview do not the phrase "I think." It shows that you are doubting yourself which is the last thing you want to do. Be professional, ask questions, take notes. The more interested you are with them, the more interested they will be with you.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you should work at Dillard's?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Reveiwed by store manager first, then move n to District Mgr

Negotiation

none.... they made offer and was not negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's (Tucson, AZ) in March 2013.

Interview

A process of 4 interviews. Interviews go through a hiring manager, department manager, and store manager. Each interview gets more difficult and intimidating. Make sure you do research on the company to ask proper questions to seem interested and answer questions if asked by the manager.

Interview Questions

• What will convince me that you're responsible enough to take this part-time position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take the offer if you're up for the challenge! It is a high paced environment, can be fun but always have your game face on!

Anonymous Employee in Burnt Store Marina, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dillard's (Burnt Store Marina, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application and got called in for an interview two days later the following week was my interview my interview consist of two interviewers one was easy going the other not so much

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Talked my head off. Really unsure about how to interview for a sales based position. I dressed professional and answered the questions to the best of my ability. I had a follow up interview with another manager. He liked what I had to say and I asked when could I start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I started high, they started low, and then we met in the middle.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's (Chandler, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on college website and was contacted by the Store Manager for an interview. About 3 weeks later, I had a second interview with the VP of Dillard's. Offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about yourself. Some situational and behavioral. Questions about the company and retail.   Answer Question

Camera Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dillard's (Waco, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

it was pretty much quick and easy process, because they needed a person to cover for summer. And i got the job after interview. It was good timing I guess...

Interview Questions

• basic questions about my previous jobs and experiences with customers, all those basic stuff.   Answer Question