Dillard's

2.1

Clinique Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dillard's in April 2008.

Talent plus interview, district manager interview, store manager interview, regional cosmetic business manager interview. Have as many learning experiences as possible. Be open and honest. Its a hard but fun job. This position can really open a lot of doors for the future. Be willing to be dedicated to the position and remeber that your people are only as good as you. Be willing to coach and develop your team and be able to work with a lot of different personalities and coach to each one.

Interview Questions
    • If you have someone that you know is an alcoholic how would you handle the situation even if they come to work sober   View Answer
    Really not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dillard's.

Presentation is everything. You must dress professionally from asking for an application to the interview. By professionally I mean suit and jacket for men also a tie and don't for get dress shoes. For women I would suggest a modest black dress with black heels. During the interview do not the phrase "I think." It shows that you are doubting yourself which is the last thing you want to do. Be professional, ask questions, take notes. The more interested you are with them, the more interested they will be with you.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you should work at Dillard's?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnt Store Marina, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnt Store Marina, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dillard's in August 2014.

I filled out an application and got called in for an interview two days later the following week was my interview my interview consist of two interviewers one was easy going the other not so much

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's in June 2012.

I was contacted over the phone and asked to come in for an interview. Upon arriving at the store, I was asked to fill out a Dillard's online application which consisted of work history, references and a personality test. That took about 30 minutes. After that, I had a 1:1 interview with the Assistant Store Manager which went so well, she asked me to stay and meet with her Store manager immediately. The Store Manager was more intense and she asked about my personal and career goals. After the interviews, she asked me to submit to a background check. I got a call from her by the end of the week asking me to meet with the district manager. The district manager asked a few scenario questions, "tell me of a time..." questions but I felt the interview at this point was more of an observation of my personality and demeanor. An offer was made on the spot and the salary was finally revealed.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be in retail?   View Answer
    • If you could do anything in the world, what would be your dream job?   Answer Question
    • What did you learn from your department store internship? Why didn't you follow a career with them after the internship?   View Answer
    • Tell me of a time when you were in a group, and one or more of the members was definitely not pulling their weight. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a group that you were in that did well. Why did that group function well and what did you do to give improve the functioning of the group?   View Answer

The hours were typical for retail and the position was ok. The pay was a little less than I felt I was worth and the benefits were downright poor. Overall, I already had other opportunities that I was pursuing and had seen better opportunities in the past.

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dillard's in April 2010.

Invited to Little Rock.

Waiting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's in March 2013.

A process of 4 interviews. Interviews go through a hiring manager, department manager, and store manager. Each interview gets more difficult and intimidating. Make sure you do research on the company to ask proper questions to seem interested and answer questions if asked by the manager.

Interview Questions
    • What will convince me that you're responsible enough to take this part-time position?   Answer Question
    Take the offer if you're up for the challenge! It is a high paced environment, can be fun but always have your game face on!

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's.

Reveiwed by store manager first, then move n to District Mgr

none.... they made offer and was not negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dillard's in April 2012.

I went in during a week day. I introduced myself to one of the managers and discussed with her that I was seeking employment. She had me write down my information and she would get in touch with me in a day or so. She called, and we scheduled an interview for the following morning. It went great! After the 1 on 1 interview she had my fill out the application on the computer. After I was done, we talked some more.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do at your current job?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about not being able to take a day off during November through December?   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dillard's.

Submited updated resume to Operations Manager of store as a sales associate per her request for an updated resume. Interviewd with District manager and was told that he would have to think long and hard about what he was going to do with me.

Interview Questions
    Was told by store manager what the salary would be and asked would I accept or was this my last day with company.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dillard's.

Applied online, got a call back two days later. Interview with the Opts manager at the time for about 30mins was hired on the spot. I started 10days later.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions just the standard interview questions.   Answer Question