Dillard's

Average Difficulty
211 candidate interviews

Cosmetics Associate Interview

Cosmetics Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details – no experience needed, interview is easy to pass as well as a background check

Interview Question – give a situation where you had to deal with an unhappy customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation given

Assistant Buyer Interview

Assistant Buyer

Interviewed at Dillard's

Interview Details – Meet VP at a career fair. After graduating college, he referred me to another VP in which I have several "meetings" with VP's, in order to place me into a certain department. Once a position opened up, I interviewed with multiple people. The entire process lasted around 3 hours.

Interview Question – Basic questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Dillard's

Interview Details – Interview process is very customary. They want to know your sales experience and what you can contribute to the company.

Interview Question – None of the questions are difficult, just know what's on your resume!   Answer Question

Counter Manager Interview

Counter Manager

Interviewed at Dillard's

Interview Details – As simple as filling out an online application, meeting with an assistant manager, then the general manager and starting the next week.

Interview Details – Computer Questionnaire then Interview with Management

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details – I was promoted from men's area sales manager@ their Oakview store in Omaha NE

Interview Question – why did I want to move to St Joseph Mo   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation you either took the job or stayed where you were.

Interview Details – The basic retail questions

Interview Question – What to do in different situations while handling customers   Answer Question

Interviewed at Dillard's

Interview Details – The hiring process was smooth and easy. No need to worry. Easy questions about your motivation why you want to work for them. No questions ask about salary. No information provided about how it works on the floor, no explanation about the unwritten rules between coworkers. Approach - take it or leave it. There are hundreds other applicants waiting outside....

Interview Question – there was no difficult question asked   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

AREA SALES MANAGER

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of basic questions. Nothing too extreme.
Typical questions: How will you drive business?, Do you consider yourself competitive?, Tell me about your work experience.

Interview Question – There weren't any   Answer Question

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Programmer/Analyst

Interviewed at Dillard's

Interview Details – I met a few reps at a career fair. They talked to me for about 10 min and then called me that night offering a real interview for the next day. It's the primary way that they find new IT employees.

Interview Question – In OOP, what is inheritance?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They sent an email with the offer.

Worked for Dillard's? Contribute to the Community!