Dillard's

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Average Difficulty
211 candidate interviews

Saint George, UT

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dillard's in July 2014.

Interview Details – Too many steps for an entry level retail job. Online application, then a test that requires 45 minutes, then two interviews and a background check, then hurry up and wait. The second interview was the bad cop interview designed to put stress on you. The first was really just to see how you look and if you fit the bill for their company image.

Interview Question – Tell me all about yourself.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied online and interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details – I was called and asked if I was still interested in the position. I said yes and set up an interview. I honestly cannot remember the questions but I wouldn't worry too much. Once you're interviewed you pretty much have the job. They will have you fill out a computer personality test after the interview.

Lawton, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dillard's in January 2010.

Interview Details – walked into Dillards,I saw the now hiring, filled out application and spoke with a manager I got the job,, started to work on hr paperwork 1st day more paperwork, I was shown the dept I was going to be working

Interview Question – would you like to choose the dept, you will be working in?   Answer Question

Salon Manager Interview

Salon Manager
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Dillard's in April 2014.

Interview Details – Had phone interview. Had in person interview with store manager. Had another phone interview. Never heard back from anyone for 3 weeks. I found out they were still looking for candidates when they reposted the job on every career website. Very unprofessional. Salon was in despair because no one was attending to it.

Interview Question – Why are you the right person for the job?

What would you do to drive more clients in?
  Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details – Started with questions like,"What do you know about Dillard's?" "Name a time when you faced adversity?" "Which days are you willing to work?" "Which department do you want to be in?" (they never place you where you want to be though). etc.

Interview Question – Definitely the one about Dillard's history. The interviewer just stared me down so i kept rambling on hoping that something would satisfy them/   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much to negotiate. Take my advice and go somewhere else.

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dillard's in September 2013.

Interview Details – Went through three interviews. First was with the Women's RTW Department Manger. Second was with the Assistant Store Manager. Final was with Store Manager. It was simple and easy. The store was hosting a career fair.

Interview Question – General retail sales questions.   Answer Question

Cosmetic Sales Interview

Cosmetic Sales
Shreveport, LA

I interviewed at Dillard's in May 2011.

Interview Details – I just went there, filled out the application, asked to speak to management. Was hired. There really isn't more to say. I was wearing a dress and had my hair done and makeup on like usual.

Interview Question – wasn't really asked a question   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Cosmetics Associate Interview

Cosmetics Associate
Memphis, TN

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details – Craigslist ad--I responded, Cosmetics Manager emailed back, we scheduled an interview. She had a "flair for fashion" form she had to fill out on me. We talked about my clothes and "look." I answered standard interview questions regarding customer service and team spirit type questions. She asked about my availability. The interview ended. About two or three weeks later, I got a job offer from the actual assistant manager.

Interview Question – What would you do with $100.00 in our store?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I just took what they offered, which was $13.00/hour.

Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview with the department manager, a week later I was called in again to have an interview with the store manager. They were both nice and the questions were basic, everything was what you would expect for a job interviewing process.

Interview Question – Basic questions   Answer Question

Dothan, AL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Dillard's in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online at home through the dillards.com website and got a call for an interview the very next day. The interview consisted of me talking to one person about what was required of the position. Questions were asked about my schedule. Was told I would interview the following day for my second and third interview. Second interview was more of the same as the first and the third was an interview with the assistant store manager. After speaking with her I was asked for two forms of ID for my background check and that I would receive a call regarding it later that day or the very next day. Received the call the next day asking to start the following day at 11 am.

Interview Question – No questions besides my scheduling requirements.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations....pay starts at $12/hr.

Worked for Dillard's? Contribute to the Community!