Dillard's

2.1

Cosmetic Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dillard's in June 2011.

they asked a lot of questions about past experience, what would you do if you were a customer how would you like to be treated. The interview talked a lot about the company and the employees and how there is very little turn over.

Interview Questions
    • how long have you been working in retail?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's in August 2013.

Very easy one in person interview. Took only a few min. Very generic questions asked. Just be energetic and excited and say you love customer service and being a personal shopper because that's what you're going to be or what they want you to be. Say you love family values

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dillard's.

Quick phone interview followed by in-store interview, be sure to fill out the online application prior to showing up, their computer system at the store is extremely slow. There is a two-part questionnaire that you have to complete as a part of the application that will take about 15-20 minutes

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dillard's in January 2015.

3 interviews. Second was over the phone with Estée Lauder since I would be working for Origins owned by Estée Lauder. That was the most difficult interview. Deep questions that required thought you had to answer on the spot basically.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years   View Answer
    Very little negotiation about .50 cents an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online – interviewed at Dillard's.

Basically I applied online and I have a really close friend that works there so I put her down as an employee reference. About a week later, I got a call from Dillard's and the woman was extremely nice. I go to the interview and I had thought that I got the job because she copied my drivers license and ID and we did the military background check and I filled out a bunch of papers but I still haven't received a call back. She told me to call her in a week if I didn't hear from her so I did and she said she was waiting for the sales managers to give her open positions.It's been two weeks. Not even a call to tell me that I didn't get the job, I even emailed her and she didn't respond.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dillard's.

I submitted an application and it took about two weeks before I was contacted. I met with one of the hiring managers who proceeded to ask me general interview questions and "if I were in this situation what would I do" type of questions. Then I was called back for a second interview with the general manager who ask me why I wanted to work there and they said they would give me a call if I got the job after the weekend.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you handled a situation where the customer was unhappy.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's in January 2015.

I applied by checking the Dillards website for openings in my area. Application process was easy and they called me the next day. The interviewer asked me a lot of questions about my customer service background and how the job works. Dress like you work there is my strongest advice. You want to make a good first impression. She immediately scheduled me for my second interview. For the second interview, I talked to the store manager. He asked me the same questions and told me what Dillards expects from its workers, etc. He made a note of my outfit being what they like to see. So, again, DRESS THE PART. They're really looking for people who are natural conversationalists and are custome-focused. So make sure you turn up the charm. He told me what my pay and hours would be and that they're going to schedule me for training the next week. So it'll take you two interviews but as long as you reach the second interview, you should be golden. Second interview felt like more of a formality and going over your previous answers to make sure you're the one they want.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation was pretty straightforward and they like to treat their employees very well. So the pay rate was at the top end of my expectations.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dillard's in May 2011.

I initially signed up for an interview at my university. It was a two part interview. I was then scheduled another interview with the district manager that went well. From there I was hired and have been enjoying much success throughout my career.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation because they offered a lot more than the 3 other entry level positions I'd received offers from prior to dillards.

Assistant Buyer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dillard's in August 2011.

Rediculous! I asked them questions about the job. It was a joke to them. They wanted to know about my college experience and personal life. No qualification questions at all.

None. HR called with an offer and salary.

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dillard's.

Meet with Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager in a one on one setting within the store. Given a tour of the store. Introduced to the Manager you will be working with and then asked some questions by them as well.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.