Dillard's Interview Questions

2.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's in March 2015.

I applied on college website and was contacted by the Store Manager for an interview. About 3 weeks later, I had a second interview with the VP of Dillard's. Offer on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about yourself. Some situational and behavioral. Questions about the company and retail.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dillard's.

Talked my head off. Really unsure about how to interview for a sales based position. I dressed professional and answered the questions to the best of my ability. I had a follow up interview with another manager. He liked what I had to say and I asked when could I start.

Interview Questions
    I started high, they started low, and then we met in the middle.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dillard's in January 2014.

Interview went well, they check your background and also see your characteristics score to see if you are eligible to work at Dillard's. They will ask you a lot of question about your sale skills, your people skills, and so on. Prepare for all those types of questions.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dillard's in July 2014.

You apply via online, then you will get a call to set up an interview a few days later if you fit the position. Come in dressing professionally, and get called back by the manager you were set up with. Usually the first interview is to get to know you, so they ask basic questions about the past and where you see yourself in a few years within the company. Once that interview goes by, you get a call to set up another interview. This one will be with either the store manager or assistant store manager. Again, at this point, you pretty much have the job. They will ask you some repeated questions and just see if your fit for the job.

Cosmetic Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dillard's in June 2011.

they asked a lot of questions about past experience, what would you do if you were a customer how would you like to be treated. The interview talked a lot about the company and the employees and how there is very little turn over.

Interview Questions
    • how long have you been working in retail?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's in August 2013.

Very easy one in person interview. Took only a few min. Very generic questions asked. Just be energetic and excited and say you love customer service and being a personal shopper because that's what you're going to be or what they want you to be. Say you love family values

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dillard's.

Quick phone interview followed by in-store interview, be sure to fill out the online application prior to showing up, their computer system at the store is extremely slow. There is a two-part questionnaire that you have to complete as a part of the application that will take about 15-20 minutes

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dillard's in January 2015.

3 interviews. Second was over the phone with Estée Lauder since I would be working for Origins owned by Estée Lauder. That was the most difficult interview. Deep questions that required thought you had to answer on the spot basically.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years   View Answer
    Very little negotiation about .50 cents an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online – interviewed at Dillard's.

Basically I applied online and I have a really close friend that works there so I put her down as an employee reference. About a week later, I got a call from Dillard's and the woman was extremely nice. I go to the interview and I had thought that I got the job because she copied my drivers license and ID and we did the military background check and I filled out a bunch of papers but I still haven't received a call back. She told me to call her in a week if I didn't hear from her so I did and she said she was waiting for the sales managers to give her open positions.It's been two weeks. Not even a call to tell me that I didn't get the job, I even emailed her and she didn't respond.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dillard's.

I submitted an application and it took about two weeks before I was contacted. I met with one of the hiring managers who proceeded to ask me general interview questions and "if I were in this situation what would I do" type of questions. Then I was called back for a second interview with the general manager who ask me why I wanted to work there and they said they would give me a call if I got the job after the weekend.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you handled a situation where the customer was unhappy.   Answer Question