Dillard's

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dillard's.

1 interview in the manager's office. Was asked basic interview question, Do you have retail experience. What would our last employer say about you? How many times did you call out on your last job?

Started at minimum. $8hr.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's.

Had an on campus interview for internship. Very easy and relaxed interviewing style. Make sure you know a lot about the company (I didn't and looked kind of unprofessional).

Interview Questions
    • -Favorite brand that Dillard's carries
      -Favorite item in your closet

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dillard's in October 2014.

The process took about three days. I applied online Sunday night, got a call Tuesday morning to schedule an interview. Scheduled it for Wednesday at 1. Got to Dillard's at around 12:40, Walked in, she asked me why Dillard's, a quick question about my old job, and about my availability. Afterwards she had me fill out a background check form, and told me about how all the benefits (six days paid vacation, 401k, etc.). Walked out at 1. Got a call Thursday morning officially offering me the job at $12/hour. I go in Tuesday for training.

Interview Questions
    Didn't bother negotiating. $12/hour is so much higher than anything else entry level down here, and I was so happy to finally have a job that I didn't even try.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dillard's in October 2014.

Went in for an interview and meeting with them at the career expo. Was interviewed by a middle manager who then referred me up to the assistant store manager. After speaking with the assistant store manager and being told that I would have to start from the bottom even though I am a college graduate turned me off from the job.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know a lot about the fashion world?   View Answer

Even though I interviewed for an Assistant Store Manager position with great experience and educational background, I was told that I would be required to start as an hourly sales associate and maybe in a few years I could move up to sales manager and then Assistant Store Manager. Apparently, even though I'm more qualified than a high school graduate, I would have to work at the same level as them with no guarantee of promotion since it is based on seniority and "if you are the right fit". Not worth my time as a college graduate with a Bachelor's and Master's degree in Business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

I applied online – interviewed at Dillard's.

Applied on computer at the store [personality test, tests your behaviors], then received call for an interview. Be prepared to tell about yourself and match your skills with the opportunity. Have questions for the interviewer. After the interview I received a call about a month later [and they said to call back about that time to see if any positions had opened up]. Very business formal interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's.

Called for interview a few days after resume submission. First interview was relaxed and casual. Typical interview questions. First introduced to sales per hour quotas. Not sure yet how difficult this will be to meet. Second interview with store manager. Felt manager hadn't reviewed my resume at all and didn't come across as interested in even conducting interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on anything.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I was called by the hiring manager that she found my resume on monster.com and she wanted me to apply on their website and she would give me a call back shortly after to schedule an interview. So I did immediately after the phone call. Well, a few days past by and I never received a phone call back. I called them and asked for the hiring manager and they hung up on me more than once. I finally got a hold of the store manager and she apologized and said she would send the message to the hiring manager that I was trying to reach her. A couple of days went by afterwards and received a phone call from the hiring manager stating that the position was no longer available. I was extremely upset that they did not even give the chance to come in and interview. The hiring manager psyched me up for no reason.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnt Store Marina, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnt Store Marina, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dillard's in August 2014.

I filled out an application and got called in for an interview two days later the following week was my interview my interview consist of two interviewers one was easy going the other not so much

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dillard's in August 2014.

Manager was very unorganized. She did not even have a hand book to prepare for the interviews. The manager did not even know that her other department is hiring.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Dillard's in August 2014.

Went through 3 different steps. Had to drive to 3 different stores. My second interview the interviewer was late and I had to wait 20 minutes for him to get it together. The job they sold me was not the job I got when I started