Dillard's

Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

I applied online – interviewed at Dillard's.

Applied on computer at the store [personality test, tests your behaviors], then received call for an interview. Be prepared to tell about yourself and match your skills with the opportunity. Have questions for the interviewer. After the interview I received a call about a month later [and they said to call back about that time to see if any positions had opened up]. Very business formal interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's.

Called for interview a few days after resume submission. First interview was relaxed and casual. Typical interview questions. First introduced to sales per hour quotas. Not sure yet how difficult this will be to meet. Second interview with store manager. Felt manager hadn't reviewed my resume at all and didn't come across as interested in even conducting interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on anything.

Sales Associate Interview

interviewed at Dillard's in September 2014.

Know some history about Dillards and some of the top brands in the store. Go in with a upbeat attitude and show them you can sell and believe in yourself.

Interview Questions
    consider that you get paid weekly and most start out at part time

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I was called by the hiring manager that she found my resume on monster.com and she wanted me to apply on their website and she would give me a call back shortly after to schedule an interview. So I did immediately after the phone call. Well, a few days past by and I never received a phone call back. I called them and asked for the hiring manager and they hung up on me more than once. I finally got a hold of the store manager and she apologized and said she would send the message to the hiring manager that I was trying to reach her. A couple of days went by afterwards and received a phone call from the hiring manager stating that the position was no longer available. I was extremely upset that they did not even give the chance to come in and interview. The hiring manager psyched me up for no reason.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnt Store Marina, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnt Store Marina, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dillard's in August 2014.

I filled out an application and got called in for an interview two days later the following week was my interview my interview consist of two interviewers one was easy going the other not so much

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dillard's in August 2014.

Manager was very unorganized. She did not even have a hand book to prepare for the interviews. The manager did not even know that her other department is hiring.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Dillard's in August 2014.

Went through 3 different steps. Had to drive to 3 different stores. My second interview the interviewer was late and I had to wait 20 minutes for him to get it together. The job they sold me was not the job I got when I started

Ralph Lauren Polo Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dillard's in August 2014.

I originally arrived for the Polo Department position & within the first several minutes, I was offered a Sales Business Manager position for lingerie. They described the opportunity and mentioned the commission & managerial opportunities to me yet failed to mention the extremely high turn-over-rate of that position as well as the defiant staff and neglected inventory & standards.

There wasn't one.

Women Shoes Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's.

You walk in and they ask some product knowledge and if you are comfortable with up-selling. They ask you some basic sales questions about how to approach people that may walk in to the store. It was a very simple interview which should have concerned me because the company just wants a live body to replace the last one.

Interview Questions
    • "Are you comfortable not taking "No" for an answer at any time?"   View Answer
    They pay everyone about the same rate, there is no room for negotiation as the more you make, they more ridiculous your quota is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dillard's.

Applied for the position, literally got a call the next day to set up an interview. I was interviewed by the operations manager. Interview basically consisted of telling him about my work history and experience. He told me what was required to work at Dillard's as a sales associate. Asked me if I was willing to approach people and if I was comfortable starting conversations with strangers. I said yes so he told me he would go ahead and submit the background check. This was on Monday, my first shift was on Friday.

Interview Questions
    • Would you feel comfortable approach customers and talking to them about items?   Answer Question
    I didn't even try to negotiate, starting pay is $12 an hour which is significantly better than most retail stores. I accepted it.