Dillard's

Updated Jan 25, 2015
Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.1

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's.

Was recruited right out of college. I had 2 in person interviews and was offered the position in the 2nd interview. I might with the Regional Manager and 2 recruiters, it was very laid back. There were no tough questions at all during the interview process. The interview was very quick and easy

Interview Questions
    • There were really no tough questions in either of my interviews. They are just trying to get a feel for who you are.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Fragrance/Cosmetics Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dillard's in May 2014.

I applied online on Friday morning and recieved a phone call asking confirming an interview for the following Monday. My online application did not list details of my previous employment; I shared more of my previous retail experience in retail and expressed interest in Fragrance/Cosmetics. Halfway through the interview, the Cosmetics Department Manager was brought in and finished my interivew. About an hour or so after the interview, I received a call from the store manager with a job offer! I was asked to start that evening and the rest is history!

Interview Questions
    • I was aksed to give my honest opinion of moving from previous sales in apparel to fragrance/cosmetics.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dillard's in May 2014.

I got a call for interview. I met with the store manager who was very nice.The interview question were pretty common nothing seem to stand out. They wanted to know about my pass employer and nothing to hard. How much I wanted to make and what I was looking for in company. I got the job and basically you would do well at Dillard's if you like to sell. The job require you to make a certain amount to stay employed there.

Easy they offer me a good hourly wage because of my experience but, the more you make the more you have to sell.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dillard's.

Went to Customer Service and applied in-store which took about 30 minutes. It asked the basic questions. I was called a week later for an interview. The interview was pretty casual where the interviewer just asked more questions to get a feel of my personality and personal history than employment. She told me in the interview that I have gotten the job and just had to do the standard background check which I did pass.

There was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Dillard's.

Apply online, Called me for interview, 3 interviews and then I was hired.

Mens Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dillard's.

Two Interview, first one with ASM and second with Upper management. Typical question, they want you to explain yourself, because they can legally ask you. Try to sell something to them that you used to do.

Interview Questions
    • There really aren't any particularly hard questions. They ask the typical, tell us about yourself and prior job experience.   View Answer

Selling Business Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dillard's.

Very comfortable process. Met with the Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager and assistant Regional Manager.

Salon Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Dillard's in April 2014.

Had phone interview. Had in person interview with store manager. Had another phone interview. Never heard back from anyone for 3 weeks. I found out they were still looking for candidates when they reposted the job on every career website. Very unprofessional. Salon was in despair because no one was attending to it.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you the right person for the job?

What would you do to drive more clients in?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dillard's in April 2014.

They call you, ask you to come in for an interview or two. If they like you they hire you and train you in different positions and stick you in a department. If you do well they may offer you full time and/ or give you a raise after 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say to a customer when you are showing them a clothing item or a product?   Answer Question

Cosmetic Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dillard's in April 2014.

I applied online and received a call from 2 different locations within 24 hours. I interviewed at both places, filled out background information and availability forms at one of the locations but have not received a call back from either. I'm going to call today for a follow-up. I brought my resume with me as well.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think a job in cosmetic sales would be like?   Answer Question