Dillard's

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dillard's in April 2014.

They call you, ask you to come in for an interview or two. If they like you they hire you and train you in different positions and stick you in a department. If you do well they may offer you full time and/ or give you a raise after 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say to a customer when you are showing them a clothing item or a product?   Answer Question

Cosmetic Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dillard's in April 2014.

I applied online and received a call from 2 different locations within 24 hours. I interviewed at both places, filled out background information and availability forms at one of the locations but have not received a call back from either. I'm going to call today for a follow-up. I brought my resume with me as well.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think a job in cosmetic sales would be like?   Answer Question

Women Shoes Sales Associate Interview

A friend recommended me for this job. The interview process was a breeze for. They asked me about my past experiences and why they should hire me as oppose to someone else. When I finished the interview, the assistant manager who hired me told me the head manager was not there. However he told me I could expect to receive a call within the next 2 weeks to start .

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dillard's.

Promoted from within

Shoot for the stars. If you low ball yourself you'll be working for pennies in the long run.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dillard's.

The interview was pleasant, but quickly found it was not the company that I would be able to grow in quickly. The company has a very flat structure which is good, but is heavily managed by the family. Not a lot of room for growth for the the particular position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about starting in the training program regardless of experience.   Answer Question

Potential Employee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dillard's in March 2014.

Interviewed at two different locations March 2014. I interviewed at one location on a Thursday and interview at another location on a Friday. I was invited for a second interview that following Saturday at one of the location. The ops manager already knew that I had interviewed for the other location and he had me to sign background consent along with other papers. I am still waiting

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's.

I applied at Monster.com and got a call the next day. I had 2 interviews and was offered the job on the spot. I met the department manager of where they wanted me to work and all went fine. I was asked about why I enjoyed retail sales. He was most impressed by my desire to have good customer interaction as my main focus.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The time I was there was more about him selling me on Dillard's than my having to sell myself.   Answer Question
    I hesitated at 11. an hour so he offered 12. hour immediately.

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's in February 2014.

It was relatively simple, went in, filled out a computer based application. Was interviewed shortly after by a manager. Was invited back for a second interview and was hired after a brief week long background check.

None

Selling Business Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dillard's in February 2014.

It was a good process but unorganized. I did not hear from them for a couple weeks, even though I tried to reach them. They did not provide great training (I am learning on my own).

We negotiated the hourly pay. They end up paying what I want it according to my experience.

Business Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's in February 2014.

I interviewed on campus with a recruiter and then applied online. I was contacted several weeks later to schedule a one on one interview and do drug and background testing.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very laid back. The store manager interviewed me and then the district manager interviewed me. Tell me how your school curriculum will help you succeed in this position. Did you enjoy the last retailing company you worked for. Asked me several questions regarding things on my resume such as tasks for previous jobs.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation with an internship because there were plenty of other people who would take the spot with the current pay. The pay was very competitive with other retailers.