Dillard's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.0

115 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dillard's.

1 interview in the manager's office. Was asked basic interview question, Do you have retail experience. What would our last employer say about you? How many times did you call out on your last job?

Started at minimum. $8hr.

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dillard's in October 2014.

The process took about three days. I applied online Sunday night, got a call Tuesday morning to schedule an interview. Scheduled it for Wednesday at 1. Got to Dillard's at around 12:40, Walked in, she asked me why Dillard's, a quick question about my old job, and about my availability. Afterwards she had me fill out a background check form, and told me about how all the benefits (six days paid vacation, 401k, etc.). Walked out at 1. Got a call Thursday morning officially offering me the job at $12/hour. I go in Tuesday for training.

Interview Questions
    Didn't bother negotiating. $12/hour is so much higher than anything else entry level down here, and I was so happy to finally have a job that I didn't even try.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

I applied online – interviewed at Dillard's.

Applied on computer at the store [personality test, tests your behaviors], then received call for an interview. Be prepared to tell about yourself and match your skills with the opportunity. Have questions for the interviewer. After the interview I received a call about a month later [and they said to call back about that time to see if any positions had opened up]. Very business formal interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's.

Called for interview a few days after resume submission. First interview was relaxed and casual. Typical interview questions. First introduced to sales per hour quotas. Not sure yet how difficult this will be to meet. Second interview with store manager. Felt manager hadn't reviewed my resume at all and didn't come across as interested in even conducting interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dillard's in August 2014.

Manager was very unorganized. She did not even have a hand book to prepare for the interviews. The manager did not even know that her other department is hiring.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnt Store Marina, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnt Store Marina, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dillard's in August 2014.

I filled out an application and got called in for an interview two days later the following week was my interview my interview consist of two interviewers one was easy going the other not so much

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dillard's.

Applied for the position, literally got a call the next day to set up an interview. I was interviewed by the operations manager. Interview basically consisted of telling him about my work history and experience. He told me what was required to work at Dillard's as a sales associate. Asked me if I was willing to approach people and if I was comfortable starting conversations with strangers. I said yes so he told me he would go ahead and submit the background check. This was on Monday, my first shift was on Friday.

Interview Questions
    • Would you feel comfortable approach customers and talking to them about items?   Answer Question
    I didn't even try to negotiate, starting pay is $12 an hour which is significantly better than most retail stores. I accepted it.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's.

Started with questions like,"What do you know about Dillard's?" "Name a time when you faced adversity?" "Which days are you willing to work?" "Which department do you want to be in?" (they never place you where you want to be though). etc.

Interview Questions
    • Definitely the one about Dillard's history. The interviewer just stared me down so i kept rambling on hoping that something would satisfy them/   Answer Question
    There wasn't much to negotiate. Take my advice and go somewhere else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint George, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint George, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dillard's in July 2014.

Too many steps for an entry level retail job. Online application, then a test that requires 45 minutes, then two interviews and a background check, then hurry up and wait. The second interview was the bad cop interview designed to put stress on you. The first was really just to see how you look and if you fit the bill for their company image.

Sales Associate Interview

the application is done on the computer and is somewhat intensive. When you go to the interview they ask you very basic questions about what your passionate about in fashion and so on. You then go to a second interview with the assistant store manager and he asks the same questions.