Dillard's

Average Difficulty
107 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Dillard's in April 2013.

Interview Details – Process took less than a week. I applied by sending my resume via Monster. Got a call about two days later from the HR secretary asking if I wanted to come in to fill out an actual application and possibly have an interview the same day. Went the next day, but the store manager was busy with a conference call. Called in the evening to come in the following day. Sat down with the store manager, and asked the normal "Why here?" question. It was a typical interview for about two minutes before he switched to talking about the Men's Department floor, which products they had, etc. I knew I had the job then.

Interview Question – Why Dillard's?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just a set salary at $11 an hour.

Burnt Store Marina, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dillard's in August 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and got called in for an interview two days later the following week was my interview my interview consist of two interviewers one was easy going the other not so much

Interview Questions

Meridian, MS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in August 2013.

Interview Details – Brief interview was recruited training could have been a lot better this was very skippy .They do not go over policy very good or how your pay will be cut if your sales are not there.

Interview Question – policy and procedures   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I only work part time They have to work around my other job because I do not have to worry about my pay there.

Mesa, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details – Applied for the position, literally got a call the next day to set up an interview. I was interviewed by the operations manager. Interview basically consisted of telling him about my work history and experience. He told me what was required to work at Dillard's as a sales associate. Asked me if I was willing to approach people and if I was comfortable starting conversations with strangers. I said yes so he told me he would go ahead and submit the background check. This was on Monday, my first shift was on Friday.

Interview Question – Would you feel comfortable approach customers and talking to them about items?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't even try to negotiate, starting pay is $12 an hour which is significantly better than most retail stores. I accepted it.

Saint George, UT

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dillard's in July 2014.

Interview Details – Too many steps for an entry level retail job. Online application, then a test that requires 45 minutes, then two interviews and a background check, then hurry up and wait. The second interview was the bad cop interview designed to put stress on you. The first was really just to see how you look and if you fit the bill for their company image.

Interview Question – Tell me all about yourself.   Answer Question

Lawton, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dillard's in January 2010.

Interview Details – walked into Dillards,I saw the now hiring, filled out application and spoke with a manager I got the job,, started to work on hr paperwork 1st day more paperwork, I was shown the dept I was going to be working

Interview Question – would you like to choose the dept, you will be working in?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details – Started with questions like,"What do you know about Dillard's?" "Name a time when you faced adversity?" "Which days are you willing to work?" "Which department do you want to be in?" (they never place you where you want to be though). etc.

Interview Question – Definitely the one about Dillard's history. The interviewer just stared me down so i kept rambling on hoping that something would satisfy them/   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much to negotiate. Take my advice and go somewhere else.

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dillard's in September 2013.

Interview Details – Went through three interviews. First was with the Women's RTW Department Manger. Second was with the Assistant Store Manager. Final was with Store Manager. It was simple and easy. The store was hosting a career fair.

Interview Question – General retail sales questions.   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview with the department manager, a week later I was called in again to have an interview with the store manager. They were both nice and the questions were basic, everything was what you would expect for a job interviewing process.

Interview Question – Basic questions   Answer Question

Dothan, AL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Dillard's in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online at home through the dillards.com website and got a call for an interview the very next day. The interview consisted of me talking to one person about what was required of the position. Questions were asked about my schedule. Was told I would interview the following day for my second and third interview. Second interview was more of the same as the first and the third was an interview with the assistant store manager. After speaking with her I was asked for two forms of ID for my background check and that I would receive a call regarding it later that day or the very next day. Received the call the next day asking to start the following day at 11 am.

Interview Question – No questions besides my scheduling requirements.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations....pay starts at $12/hr.

Worked for Dillard's? Contribute to the Community!