Dillard's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.0

110 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dillard's.

Called for interview a few days after resume submission. First interview was relaxed and casual. Typical interview questions. First introduced to sales per hour quotas. Not sure yet how difficult this will be to meet. Second interview with store manager. Felt manager hadn't reviewed my resume at all and didn't come across as interested in even conducting interview.

Interview Questions
No negotiation on anything.

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burnt Store Marina, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnt Store Marina, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dillard's in August 2014.

I filled out an application and got called in for an interview two days later the following week was my interview my interview consist of two interviewers one was easy going the other not so much

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Dillard's.

Applied for the position, literally got a call the next day to set up an interview. I was interviewed by the operations manager. Interview basically consisted of telling him about my work history and experience. He told me what was required to work at Dillard's as a sales associate. Asked me if I was willing to approach people and if I was comfortable starting conversations with strangers. I said yes so he told me he would go ahead and submit the background check. This was on Monday, my first shift was on Friday.

Interview Questions
    • Would you feel comfortable approach customers and talking to them about items?   Answer Question
    I didn't even try to negotiate, starting pay is $12 an hour which is significantly better than most retail stores. I accepted it.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dillard's.

Started with questions like,"What do you know about Dillard's?" "Name a time when you faced adversity?" "Which days are you willing to work?" "Which department do you want to be in?" (they never place you where you want to be though). etc.

Interview Questions
    • Definitely the one about Dillard's history. The interviewer just stared me down so i kept rambling on hoping that something would satisfy them/   Answer Question
    There wasn't much to negotiate. Take my advice and go somewhere else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint George, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint George, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dillard's in July 2014.

Too many steps for an entry level retail job. Online application, then a test that requires 45 minutes, then two interviews and a background check, then hurry up and wait. The second interview was the bad cop interview designed to put stress on you. The first was really just to see how you look and if you fit the bill for their company image.

Sales Associate Interview

the application is done on the computer and is somewhat intensive. When you go to the interview they ask you very basic questions about what your passionate about in fashion and so on. You then go to a second interview with the assistant store manager and he asks the same questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dothan, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Dillard's in June 2014.

Applied online at home through the dillards.com website and got a call for an interview the very next day. The interview consisted of me talking to one person about what was required of the position. Questions were asked about my schedule. Was told I would interview the following day for my second and third interview. Second interview was more of the same as the first and the third was an interview with the assistant store manager. After speaking with her I was asked for two forms of ID for my background check and that I would receive a call regarding it later that day or the very next day. Received the call the next day asking to start the following day at 11 am.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations....pay starts at $12/hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in June 2014.

I was called in for an interview with the department manager, a week later I was called in again to have an interview with the store manager. They were both nice and the questions were basic, everything was what you would expect for a job interviewing process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Dillard's.

Apply online, Called me for interview, 3 interviews and then I was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dillard's.

Went to Customer Service and applied in-store which took about 30 minutes. It asked the basic questions. I was called a week later for an interview. The interview was pretty casual where the interviewer just asked more questions to get a feel of my personality and personal history than employment. She told me in the interview that I have gotten the job and just had to do the standard background check which I did pass.

There was none

Worked for Dillard's? Contribute to the Community!