Dillard's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dillard's (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Easy going. Not a lot of pressure. It's fairly common that if you get called for an interview, you will most likely get hired. Interviewing for a management position could take much longer once you interview with all the people in the process. Getting offered a management position could take months.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Called on a Sunday for interview. First interview was easy, relaxed, straight forward, none of the canned questions which provide no info to potential employer. Second interview was a few days later and it was also relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Something about if I considered myself OCD about anything   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dillard's (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

For me I was given a call from the ops manager he found my resume on monster.com. I was interviewed by an intern and an area sales manager. Its not often like that though. When i was hired the process was completely different than it is now.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

I applied online and a couple days later I get a call from H/R to set up an interview. I was interviewed by one of the Area Sales Manager, which went pretty well and the interview was easy. The manager was writing down my answers during the interview. The next day I was interviewed by the Store Manager and that took literally 10mins. All he asked was what did you talk about from the interview and what did I know about Dillards. Then the store manager explained more about Dillards and the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself Strength and Weaknesses What do you know about customer service Describe yourself in 5 words   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yuma, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dillard's (Yuma, AZ).

Interview

I applied and the next day I received a phone call to go in for an interview. My interview was 2 parts with 2 different women. It went well and was super easy. I had to role play a sale though which was awkward but I got through it!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate. I got offered the $12 starting base pay so I cant complain.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dillard's (Frisco, TX).

Interview

I applied online. They called me and set up a time to interview in person. I took a test on their in house computer then the assistant manager asked me a few questions regarding my background and offered me a job on the spot. I had a two week training which wasn't much and I kind of got thrown in with the wolves.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Dillards?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

I heard they're hiring, so I applied online, then quick phone interview, one on one interview, come in to check and fill out a lot of form, Overall the interview was average, not too difficult or too easy.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's (Provo, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

I interviewed at the Provo, Ut location. My first impression was that they are clearly desperate for employees of any kind-- I submitted the app online and followed up with a resume the next afternoon. They called me - I kid you not - twenty minutes later begging for an interview (keeping in mind that I've been in retail less than a year) which we scheduled for the very next day. I was excited! When I stepped in the office, which was very clean if dingy gray, and interviewed with Jen, head of women's fashion. She was well spoken, polite, enthusiastic, and had actually read through my resume (which few potential employers have done). The interview was quick and thorough, no long-winded deep discussions about anything unnecessary here. It was lovely to get a clear snapshot of each other in all of about ten minutes. The best thing that happened was that at the end, she took her notes straight into the senior management and reviewed on the spot. There was no waiting impatiently by the phone for a week, it was right then and there that they told me they couldn't offer me a job right then because of a two week vacation coming up very soon, and their policy for vacation days simply wouldn't allow that much time off so soon. However, they would keep my application and resume on hand and call me for another interview after my vacation (which they took down the dates for).

Interview Questions

• What were your duties at your most recent retail job? how did you carry them out?   Answer Question
    • What is your stance on customer service?   Answer Question

Even though they seem to really want me there, they also have an exclusivity thing where if you work there, you can't work in any other fashion retail. Which, since they start you at only part time and I need full, simply wouldn't work for me since I have to pay rent and all.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Talked my head off. Really unsure about how to interview for a sales based position. I dressed professional and answered the questions to the best of my ability. I had a follow up interview with another manager. He liked what I had to say and I asked when could I start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I started high, they started low, and then we met in the middle.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dillard's (Columbia, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call from the secretary who scheduled the interview after applying online. I met with the store manager, who after looking at my resume, asked if I had experience selling shoes (which I had many years experience). She explained the Dillard's way of selling shoes, the commission bonus system (9% per regular priced shoe, plus 3.5% for new arrival shoes). I asked her a few questions about the job, and filled out a background check form, which gave them permission to do a background check on me. I got the call saying I got the job before I got home, within 15 minutes of leaving the interview.