Dillard's Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.0

109 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cedar Hill, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Hill, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in March 2013.

Applied at the store on a computer application. They called me about 3 days after I applied and got an interview with a department manager. After the first interview I received another interview with the assistant store manager, and after that my third interview was with the store manager. So basically if the first two like you its a big chance that you get hired. The interviews are basic sit in an office at the store and ask questions.

Interview Questions
No negotiation. They just asked about availability and sometimes are able to work around them, especially if you go to school or have a second job. Pay was so good that no negotiation needed.

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online - interviewed at Dillard's in March 2013.

Had 3 interviews with store manager and assistant store manager and department manager all were fairly easy, but they took 2 months to decide. I think they were waiting for a place in the right department for me.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly easy interviews just show your personality and smile   View Answer
    I was offer $13 to start. Not bad for retail. I ended at $15.70

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Dillard's in April 2013.

Process took less than a week. I applied by sending my resume via Monster. Got a call about two days later from the HR secretary asking if I wanted to come in to fill out an actual application and possibly have an interview the same day. Went the next day, but the store manager was busy with a conference call. Called in the evening to come in the following day. Sat down with the store manager, and asked the normal "Why here?" question. It was a typical interview for about two minutes before he switched to talking about the Men's Department floor, which products they had, etc. I knew I had the job then.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, just a set salary at $11 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burnt Store Marina, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnt Store Marina, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dillard's in August 2014.

I filled out an application and got called in for an interview two days later the following week was my interview my interview consist of two interviewers one was easy going the other not so much

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Meridian, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, MS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in August 2013.

Brief interview was recruited training could have been a lot better this was very skippy .They do not go over policy very good or how your pay will be cut if your sales are not there.

Interview Questions
    I only work part time They have to work around my other job because I do not have to worry about my pay there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Dillard's.

Applied for the position, literally got a call the next day to set up an interview. I was interviewed by the operations manager. Interview basically consisted of telling him about my work history and experience. He told me what was required to work at Dillard's as a sales associate. Asked me if I was willing to approach people and if I was comfortable starting conversations with strangers. I said yes so he told me he would go ahead and submit the background check. This was on Monday, my first shift was on Friday.

Interview Questions
    • Would you feel comfortable approach customers and talking to them about items?   Answer Question
    I didn't even try to negotiate, starting pay is $12 an hour which is significantly better than most retail stores. I accepted it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint George, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint George, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dillard's in July 2014.

Too many steps for an entry level retail job. Online application, then a test that requires 45 minutes, then two interviews and a background check, then hurry up and wait. The second interview was the bad cop interview designed to put stress on you. The first was really just to see how you look and if you fit the bill for their company image.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lawton, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawton, OK

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dillard's in January 2010.

walked into Dillards,I saw the now hiring, filled out application and spoke with a manager I got the job,, started to work on hr paperwork 1st day more paperwork, I was shown the dept I was going to be working

Interview Questions
    • would you like to choose the dept, you will be working in?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dillard's.

Started with questions like,"What do you know about Dillard's?" "Name a time when you faced adversity?" "Which days are you willing to work?" "Which department do you want to be in?" (they never place you where you want to be though). etc.

Interview Questions
    • Definitely the one about Dillard's history. The interviewer just stared me down so i kept rambling on hoping that something would satisfy them/   Answer Question
    There wasn't much to negotiate. Take my advice and go somewhere else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dillard's in September 2013.

Went through three interviews. First was with the Women's RTW Department Manger. Second was with the Assistant Store Manager. Final was with Store Manager. It was simple and easy. The store was hosting a career fair.

Interview Questions

Worked for Dillard's? Contribute to the Community!