Dillard's

Average Difficulty
102 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lawton, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dillard's in January 2010.

Interview Details – walked into Dillards,I saw the now hiring, filled out application and spoke with a manager I got the job,, started to work on hr paperwork 1st day more paperwork, I was shown the dept I was going to be working

Interview Question – would you like to choose the dept, you will be working in?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details – Started with questions like,"What do you know about Dillard's?" "Name a time when you faced adversity?" "Which days are you willing to work?" "Which department do you want to be in?" (they never place you where you want to be though). etc.

Interview Question – Definitely the one about Dillard's history. The interviewer just stared me down so i kept rambling on hoping that something would satisfy them/   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much to negotiate. Take my advice and go somewhere else.

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dillard's in September 2013.

Interview Details – Went through three interviews. First was with the Women's RTW Department Manger. Second was with the Assistant Store Manager. Final was with Store Manager. It was simple and easy. The store was hosting a career fair.

Interview Question – General retail sales questions.   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview with the department manager, a week later I was called in again to have an interview with the store manager. They were both nice and the questions were basic, everything was what you would expect for a job interviewing process.

Interview Question – Basic questions   Answer Question

Dothan, AL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Dillard's in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online at home through the dillards.com website and got a call for an interview the very next day. The interview consisted of me talking to one person about what was required of the position. Questions were asked about my schedule. Was told I would interview the following day for my second and third interview. Second interview was more of the same as the first and the third was an interview with the assistant store manager. After speaking with her I was asked for two forms of ID for my background check and that I would receive a call regarding it later that day or the very next day. Received the call the next day asking to start the following day at 11 am.

Interview Question – No questions besides my scheduling requirements.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations....pay starts at $12/hr.

Interviewed at Dillard's

Interview Details – the application is done on the computer and is somewhat intensive. When you go to the interview they ask you very basic questions about what your passionate about in fashion and so on. You then go to a second interview with the assistant store manager and he asks the same questions.

Interview Question – no questions were hard to answer   Answer Question

Sugar Land, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dillard's in September 2013.

Interview Details – The process was simple. The operations assistant was cordial when she called me for the initial screening. She asked a few questions about my retail experience and why I left my last position. It took about five minutes and she scheduled me for an in-person interview with the store manager.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was why would a person with a master's degree want to work as a sales associate in a department store.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no opportunity to negotiate pay. The hourly rate was the same for all PT associates and your sales would be the main determinant of future increases.

Rogers, AR

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dillard's in May 2013.

Interview Details – I went to the Dillard's store to customer service and had to take an online quiz. Once completed, I interviewed with the department manager of the department I wanted to work with and was then directed to interview with the store manager. The store manager offered me the position afterwards.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. He told me the base salary and said that I can get a raise based on my sales.

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in July 2010.

Interview Details – One of my friends worked there. I had to do the application process at the location in their office. I was a personality assessment and the application. I had a computer at home but they did not allow me to do the application at home. Then I waited about 2 weeks and they called me in for an interview. I started a week later.

Interview Question – What would you shoplift from here if you knew you'd get away with it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – We'll pay you $12 dollars an hour. You'll get a raise if you exceed your sales goals. You'll get a pay-cut if you don't meet your sales goals. Take it or leave it. (I really needed income at the time so I took it- terrible decision)

Oviedo, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in April 2013.

Interview Details – Walked in, applied in store and had 2 interviews

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dillard's

Worked for Dillard's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dillard's Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 102 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dillard's employees and interview candidates.