Dillard's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Sat down with the store manager and the manager of the department I'd work in. Less than a dozen questions asked about myself, and past experience with the field. You can dress however you like, but keep it professional with your own style to it. For men, I went with a suit without the tie but still had cuff-links and no visible piercings. They do want you to wear a tie when working, but since it was an interview I didn't care.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offer you full time or part time, whichever you chose when you applied. Then they offering you a rate of pay.

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Completed application onsite, I spoke with a DSM who asked my work experience and what brought me into the store. She then set me up with an interview with the store assistant manager for the next week, whom after seeing my resume he was already impressed. Asked me what department I was looking to work in, and confirmed my availability and told me I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone stealing?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Not intimidating at all. Asked about my resume, previous employer and college education. Told me a bit about the position. No real 'name a time when you...' Or customer related questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Store manger interviewing me bumped up the normal starting wage bc my 'good energy and good education.'

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Dallas, TX).

Interview

My interview lasted around 45 minutes. It was like a personality test which i think i did well. I asked the lady after what was the selection process like, and she told me that if they liked me i would have to take the famous gallup test. And then after that, an interview with the manager. 3 weeks passed by and never heard from them. Today, i get a call from a lady saying that the HR person loved me and that i was set up for an interview with the manager tomorrow!! No phone interviews, no gallup test, and now im meeting with the manager?...i looking him up, and he is the manager for the product that if i get the job will be selling.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The questionnaire took me 5 hours! After finishing it, I got a call for an interview. The person to person interview went well but had to wait 3 weeks to finally start working.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself. What did you do at your last job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me about Dillards and that the starting rate is $12.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Charleston, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with store manager . The interview was around 10 minutes and very relaxed. He said they pay very well because they want their employees to have a career with them. After about 5 minutes he said he wanted to set me up with a second interview. I hope to do well at the second interview. Be sure to dress nicely, like you already work there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself What's good customer service What's bad customer service How can you help us and how can we help you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Both managers talked for a brief amount of time and I had the job by the time I left the interview, they really didn't ask any hard questions, just went over my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Easy going. Not a lot of pressure. It's fairly common that if you get called for an interview, you will most likely get hired. Interviewing for a management position could take much longer once you interview with all the people in the process. Getting offered a management position could take months.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

I applied online and a couple days later I get a call from H/R to set up an interview. I was interviewed by one of the Area Sales Manager, which went pretty well and the interview was easy. The manager was writing down my answers during the interview. The next day I was interviewed by the Store Manager and that took literally 10mins. All he asked was what did you talk about from the interview and what did I know about Dillards. Then the store manager explained more about Dillards and the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself Strength and Weaknesses What do you know about customer service Describe yourself in 5 words   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Called on a Sunday for interview. First interview was easy, relaxed, straight forward, none of the canned questions which provide no info to potential employer. Second interview was a few days later and it was also relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Something about if I considered myself OCD about anything   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations