Dillard's

Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.0

118 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

They were really needing someone and I was hired that day asked to start the next day.

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dillard's in October 2013.

Went into the store and tracked down a manager and asked questions. Was offered a first interview which started the application process.

Interview Questions
    • Needed to have open availability in order to go any further with the hiring process.   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

interviewed at Dillard's in October 2013.

The interview process was not made very clear to me. I applied online through monster.com and was called back within the week. They asked me to come in to the store at my convenience to fill out a computer application. Since they hadn't scheduled anything specific with me, I wasn't expecting an interview when I came in, but I came prepared anyway. However, after the half-hour computer application process I was in fact told to wait for an interview. The interview was easy and pleasant - no awkward stock questions, nothing meant to trap me in a negative comment.

Interview Questions
    • This was one of the easiest interviews I've ever had. There were really no difficult or unexpected questions asked of me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dillard's in October 2013.

Two in person interviews. Easy questions. "Why do you want to work here?" "Tell me about yourself" etc.

No negotiation offer was pretty decent for part time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's in September 2013.

I saw a post on Monster.com and applied through there. In less than a week I received a call from a hiring manager. After getting the voicemail left a few days later, I called and scheduled for an interview with the Cosmetics/Lingerie manager. When I went in for the interview, I was asked to fill out the actual application on a computer. After I was done with the application, the customer service employee on duty printed it out and gave it to the manager I interviewed with to reference. The interview process was pretty laid back. She mostly asked me about past retail experience and schooling. She spent a lot of time telling me about the company and what it's like to work at Dillard's. She said that she felt my personality was perfect for the job and that she likes how out-going I am. When she was done asking questions and telling me about the company, she stated she would pass all the information to her boss, and if her boss wanted to go further with the process, I would receive a call from her.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to multitask and how you used time management skills to accomplish this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

interviewed at Dillard's in September 2013.

My Mom worked there so I made sure to put that I have family working for the company. They called me a few days later and I had an interview with someone in HR and a few days later with one of the sales managers. Fairly interview, you just have to convince them you know how to talk to people and can potentially move some product.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in retail? (It was hard for me because I really didn't want to take the job)   Answer Question
    They gave me $11/hr with about 28 hours a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dillard's in September 2013.

The process was simple. The operations assistant was cordial when she called me for the initial screening. She asked a few questions about my retail experience and why I left my last position. It took about five minutes and she scheduled me for an in-person interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was why would a person with a master's degree want to work as a sales associate in a department store.   View Answer
    There was no opportunity to negotiate pay. The hourly rate was the same for all PT associates and your sales would be the main determinant of future increases.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's in September 2013.

Basic questions regarding your sales experience and customer service relations experience. Definitely try to understand what the manager wants to hear. If they smile then you are saying the right things. It is good to have a solid job on your resume. Somewhere you have been more than six months.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember anything difficult in the interview process. The store manager hates a high turnover rate. So if you plan not to stay long in that position, don't make that obvious in your interview.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's in September 2013.

Went through three interviews. First was with the Women's RTW Department Manger. Second was with the Assistant Store Manager. Final was with Store Manager. It was simple and easy. The store was hosting a career fair.

Sales Associate Interview

The hiring process was smooth and easy. No need to worry. Easy questions about your motivation why you want to work for them. No questions ask about salary. No information provided about how it works on the floor, no explanation about the unwritten rules between coworkers. Approach - take it or leave it. There are hundreds other applicants waiting outside....