Dillard's

Updated Feb 9, 2015
Updated Feb 9, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

the application is done on the computer and is somewhat intensive. When you go to the interview they ask you very basic questions about what your passionate about in fashion and so on. You then go to a second interview with the assistant store manager and he asks the same questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dillard's in June 2014.

Applied online at home through the dillards.com website and got a call for an interview the very next day. The interview consisted of me talking to one person about what was required of the position. Questions were asked about my schedule. Was told I would interview the following day for my second and third interview. Second interview was more of the same as the first and the third was an interview with the assistant store manager. After speaking with her I was asked for two forms of ID for my background check and that I would receive a call regarding it later that day or the very next day. Received the call the next day asking to start the following day at 11 am.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations....pay starts at $12/hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's in June 2014.

I was called in for an interview with the department manager, a week later I was called in again to have an interview with the store manager. They were both nice and the questions were basic, everything was what you would expect for a job interviewing process.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dillard's in May 2014.

I got a call for interview. I met with the store manager who was very nice.The interview question were pretty common nothing seem to stand out. They wanted to know about my pass employer and nothing to hard. How much I wanted to make and what I was looking for in company. I got the job and basically you would do well at Dillard's if you like to sell. The job require you to make a certain amount to stay employed there.

Easy they offer me a good hourly wage because of my experience but, the more you make the more you have to sell.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dillard's.

Went to Customer Service and applied in-store which took about 30 minutes. It asked the basic questions. I was called a week later for an interview. The interview was pretty casual where the interviewer just asked more questions to get a feel of my personality and personal history than employment. She told me in the interview that I have gotten the job and just had to do the standard background check which I did pass.

There was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Dillard's.

Apply online, Called me for interview, 3 interviews and then I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Wesley Chapel, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Wesley Chapel, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dillard's in April 2014.

They call you, ask you to come in for an interview or two. If they like you they hire you and train you in different positions and stick you in a department. If you do well they may offer you full time and/ or give you a raise after 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say to a customer when you are showing them a clothing item or a product?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's.

I applied at Monster.com and got a call the next day. I had 2 interviews and was offered the job on the spot. I met the department manager of where they wanted me to work and all went fine. I was asked about why I enjoyed retail sales. He was most impressed by my desire to have good customer interaction as my main focus.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The time I was there was more about him selling me on Dillard's than my having to sell myself.   Answer Question
    I hesitated at 11. an hour so he offered 12. hour immediately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dillard's.

Submitted resume through Monster.com. They called me within two hours of submitting resume. They had me come to the store and fill out an application and take an online assessment in the store. Then I had an interview with the Operations Manager (Assistant Store Manager). She hired me after running background check.

Interview Questions
    • Name three traits that describe yourself in the workplace. Name three traits that describe yourself at home.   View Answer
    They ran a background check (took about two business days) and hired me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dillard's.

Fill out an application then take a computerized assessment test. This test; is my opinion; is useless. Got called for an interview with one of the Area Sales Managers, then passed on to interview with either the Assistant Store Manager or the Store Manager. After hiring, you go through three nights of training in a separate room with different area sales managers training on basic interactions with customer, dress code, harassment, and how to work the POS (point of sale) registers, and place orders for customers. Then you are put on the floor with a "buddy" for about a week in order to gain knowledge of your daily duties.

Interview Questions
    Did not have to negotiate, it was a flat rate of $9.50/hr offered with incentive for raises through sales.