Dillard's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Niles, OH
Anonymous Employee in Niles, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's in September 2013.

I saw a post on Monster.com and applied through there. In less than a week I received a call from a hiring manager. After getting the voicemail left a few days later, I called and scheduled for an interview with the Cosmetics/Lingerie manager. When I went in for the interview, I was asked to fill out the actual application on a computer. After I was done with the application, the customer service employee on duty printed it out and gave it to the manager I interviewed with to reference. The interview process was pretty laid back. She mostly asked me about past retail experience and schooling. She spent a lot of time telling me about the company and what it's like to work at Dillard's. She said that she felt my personality was perfect for the job and that she likes how out-going I am. When she was done asking questions and telling me about the company, she stated she would pass all the information to her boss, and if her boss wanted to go further with the process, I would receive a call from her.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you had to multitask and how you used time management skills to accomplish this.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

interviewed at Dillard's in September 2013.

My Mom worked there so I made sure to put that I have family working for the company. They called me a few days later and I had an interview with someone in HR and a few days later with one of the sales managers. Fairly interview, you just have to convince them you know how to talk to people and can potentially move some product.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in retail? (It was hard for me because I really didn't want to take the job)   Answer Question
    They gave me $11/hr with about 28 hours a week.

Sales Associate Interview

The hiring process was smooth and easy. No need to worry. Easy questions about your motivation why you want to work for them. No questions ask about salary. No information provided about how it works on the floor, no explanation about the unwritten rules between coworkers. Approach - take it or leave it. There are hundreds other applicants waiting outside....

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dillard's.

Total of 2 interviews. First interview was the main interview, Second was with the Store Manager who had final say so. Make sure to dress up. I wore dress pants, blazer and heels. Make sure you go over common sales associate interviews found on google just to prepare yourself.

Interview Questions
    • 1) How do you gain a customers trust?
      2) Tell me about a time you exceeded a customers expectations?
      3) How would you handle a return?
      4) What is customer service to you?
      5) Tell me about a time you worked with a group to achieve a goal?

View Answers (2)
    Pay was much higher than expected, I am still pretty shocked. I did not need to negotiate. Part timers also get vacation time and benefits just like full time associates do which I think is incredible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, MS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's in August 2013.

Brief interview was recruited training could have been a lot better this was very skippy .They do not go over policy very good or how your pay will be cut if your sales are not there.

Interview Questions
    I only work part time They have to work around my other job because I do not have to worry about my pay there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's in August 2013.

Very easy one in person interview. Took only a few min. Very generic questions asked. Just be energetic and excited and say you love customer service and being a personal shopper because that's what you're going to be or what they want you to be. Say you love family values

The basic retail questions

Interview Questions
    • What to do in different situations while handling customers   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's in July 2013.

I went in to fill out an application on their computer, that took about twenty minutes. Whenever I was done there is a phone that you pick up to call a manager, a manager came back and asked what I filled out for and the experience I had. I received a call about two weeks later for an interview. That interview was very informal and I really just got an overview of what I would be doing if hired. I was maybe asked two or three typical interview questions( what would you do in this situation, etc). She told me she liked me and she would schedule a meeting with the store manager. About a week later I received a call to come in to speak with the store manager. This interview was what I was expecting with the first one. I was asked your typical interview questions, every easy( most interviews are the same type of questions). Immediately after my interview with the store manager I met with the manager of the department I was to be placed. We talked and he explained how working on commission worked. I was offered the job about two days later.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really any questions that caught me off guard, just your typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's in July 2013.

Applied online and received a call the next day. First interviewed with RTW manager then asked back for another interview with store manager. Received job offer within the week.

None

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dillard's.

just show up and say I can do it.