Dillard's

2.0

121 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dillard's in June 2013.

I applied online via a job board. I received a call from the assistant store manager in a few days to schedule a time to come in for the interview. I interviewed with the person who initially called me. I was given a tour of the sales floor. After I was invited back for an interview with the store manager. She offered me the position on site.

Interview Questions
  • If you were to go to so in so place what would you wear? Also, lots of questions about social interactions.   Answer Question

I was really not looking for part-time work and I needed a more set schedule than you can find in retail. Also, it was my first interview since I have been back in the search and wanted to weigh out other options.

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dillard's in June 2013.

They explain to you about sales goals and the ability to get raises and what not. They also make sure you have sales experience and you have that type of personality to sell merchandise and credit cards.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions in the interview process.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dillard's in May 2013.

I went to the Dillard's store to customer service and had to take an online quiz. Once completed, I interviewed with the department manager of the department I wanted to work with and was then directed to interview with the store manager. The store manager offered me the position afterwards.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. He told me the base salary and said that I can get a raise based on my sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Dillard's in May 2013.

I applied online to work at Dillards and two days later they called me to set up an interview time which took place two days later. When I showed up for the interview I had no idea that I was going to be doing two interviews in the same day but I just went with it. I had two interviews with two store managers. The first one just asked me when I was able to start working, my availability, and why did I apply at Dillards. The second interview was with another store manager and she just asked me the same thing. We just discussed hours, my availability, why did I apply and my school. The interview was more of a "tell me about yourself" kind of thing. Both store managers were super nice and laid back which made all the process much easier and comfortable. My favorite thing was they are really flexible with your hours and your school. Their willing to work around your school schedule so you can get your time in for your education

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult just when can you work, and why did you apply.   Answer Question
    $12 an hour

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strongsville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strongsville, OH

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dillard's in May 2013.

Really easy, basic questions

Interview Questions
    • Can you name some Dillard's exclusive brands ( clothes)   View Answer
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Dillard's.

Gave good eye contact, sold my skills, kept focus on the questions. I basically sold my employer why she should hire ME! Advice though if you are shy, you probably at most have a slim chance at getting hired.If you are shy i might ad practice your talking skills before going for an interview on a loved one or someone who is a great listener or mentor. they expect you to Be aggressive! You are selling yourself. Be confident. The whole point is this is selling and they want you to make your numbers if they hire you.. you wont make your goals if you don't have what it takes to get them interested in what it is you are selling.You are ringing your own clients and handling their merchandise as a consultant -or -we were rude if we don't talk with them.. So if we are shy we either don't look people in the eye or have something to hide we are told., customers will think we don't care they will go to someone else-- your compettion. Its a kind of battle but getting to know who we are dealing with offers more insight to what they might be shopping for. So often we hear as associates J"ust looking 'Customers aren't just looking something brought them into Dillardsthey are not just looking.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of how you helped a customer from start to finish at (name of previous job here)   Answer Question
    none existant

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dillard's.

Applied online, got a call back two days later. Interview with the Opts manager at the time for about 30mins was hired on the spot. I started 10days later.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions just the standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's in April 2013.

Walked in, applied in store and had 2 interviews

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dillard's in April 2013.

Good hiring process. Go through a lengthy questionnaire via computer in the mgt. office. Then called for an interview. Downside is that they only hire part time to begin with, then full time after 3 months, and you have to meet your quota in order to gain full time.

Interview Questions
    • Question on your previous quota or numbers. From prior job. Did not have that information. So, in other words, how well did you sell and do you have any proof of that.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dillard's in April 2013.

Process took less than a week. I applied by sending my resume via Monster. Got a call about two days later from the HR secretary asking if I wanted to come in to fill out an actual application and possibly have an interview the same day. Went the next day, but the store manager was busy with a conference call. Called in the evening to come in the following day. Sat down with the store manager, and asked the normal "Why here?" question. It was a typical interview for about two minutes before he switched to talking about the Men's Department floor, which products they had, etc. I knew I had the job then.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, just a set salary at $11 an hour.