Dillard's

Interviewed at Dillard's

Interview Details – Computer Questionnaire then Interview with Management

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details – Had to fill out application in the store then interviewed with a sales manager. A few days later got a call to interview with the assistant store manager. Very easy going and friendly process

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Angelo, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Dillard's in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online to work at Dillards and two days later they called me to set up an interview time which took place two days later. When I showed up for the interview I had no idea that I was going to be doing two interviews in the same day but I just went with it. I had two interviews with two store managers. The first one just asked me when I was able to start working, my availability, and why did I apply at Dillards. The second interview was with another store manager and she just asked me the same thing. We just discussed hours, my availability, why did I apply and my school. The interview was more of a "tell me about yourself" kind of thing. Both store managers were super nice and laid back which made all the process much easier and comfortable. My favorite thing was they are really flexible with your hours and your school. Their willing to work around your school schedule so you can get your time in for your education

Interview Question – Nothing difficult just when can you work, and why did you apply.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $12 an hour

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dillard's in April 2012.

Interview Details – Not much was actually asked of me, basically wanted to know how much experience I had in customer service and retail and if I was willing to work with a sales goal.

Interview Question – Do I know the history of Dillard's and some of their "private label brands"   Answer Question

Sugar Land, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dillard's in February 2013.

Interview Details – initial interview with a department manager, second interview with store manager.

Reason for Declining – offered new position with a different company

DFW, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details – Gave good eye contact, sold my skills, kept focus on the questions. I basically sold my employer why she should hire ME! Advice though if you are shy, you probably at most have a slim chance at getting hired.If you are shy i might ad practice your talking skills before going for an interview on a loved one or someone who is a great listener or mentor. they expect you to Be aggressive! You are selling yourself. Be confident. The whole point is this is selling and they want you to make your numbers if they hire you.. you wont make your goals if you don't have what it takes to get them interested in what it is you are selling.You are ringing your own clients and handling their merchandise as a consultant -or -we were rude if we don't talk with them.. So if we are shy we either don't look people in the eye or have something to hide we are told., customers will think we don't care they will go to someone else-- your compettion. Its a kind of battle but getting to know who we are dealing with offers more insight to what they might be shopping for. So often we hear as associates J"ust looking 'Customers aren't just looking something brought them into Dillardsthey are not just looking.

Interview Question – Give me an example of how you helped a customer from start to finish at (name of previous job here)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none existant

Augusta, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Dillard's in March 2009.

Interview Details – Its been approx. 11 years since I applied, interviewed, & was hired, so many things have changed in that time frame. 1st, most applications are taken from either the store kiosks or from the company's web site. So, I initially applied using a paper application and dropped it off at the store. Then, I was called by a manager for an interview.

Interview Question – There weren't many difficult questions only somewhat about salary rates.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They started with a lower offer, but came back with a higher rate due to the past rates of pay I had.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call back two days later. Interview with the Opts manager at the time for about 30mins was hired on the spot. I started 10days later.

Interview Question – No difficult questions just the standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dillard's in March 2009.

Interview Details – submitted resume, had interview with store manager and then area sales manager, then signed paperwork. easy process.

Interview Question – interview was straightforward and easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there wasnt any negotiation.

Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in March 2013.

Interview Details – A process of 4 interviews. Interviews go through a hiring manager, department manager, and store manager. Each interview gets more difficult and intimidating. Make sure you do research on the company to ask proper questions to seem interested and answer questions if asked by the manager.

Interview Question – What will convince me that you're responsible enough to take this part-time position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take the offer if you're up for the challenge! It is a high paced environment, can be fun but always have your game face on!