Dillard's

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dillard's in April 2014.

They call you, ask you to come in for an interview or two. If they like you they hire you and train you in different positions and stick you in a department. If you do well they may offer you full time and/ or give you a raise after 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say to a customer when you are showing them a clothing item or a product?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dillard's in April 2012.

I went in during a week day. I introduced myself to one of the managers and discussed with her that I was seeking employment. She had me write down my information and she would get in touch with me in a day or so. She called, and we scheduled an interview for the following morning. It went great! After the 1 on 1 interview she had my fill out the application on the computer. After I was done, we talked some more.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do at your current job?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about not being able to take a day off during November through December?   Answer Question

Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dillard's in September 2011.

Went to customer service, applied on a computer terminal and waited to meet with the store manager. Met with her and was offered to start training the next day. Wanted a position right off the bat in management but was told I needed to prove myself first. They said they valued internal promotions and I would need to work my way up. Sold as a very positive experience with a company I would want to retire from. Office and building were very clean. Receptionist very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected, more or less standard interview regarding experience and where I saw myself.   Answer Question
    It didn't seem like I was able to negotiate pay of $9/hr. Was told there was a 2-week and 3-month evaluation period that would set my pay more appropriately after they could see my performance.