Dillard's

Very Easy Interview

Counter Manager Interview

Counter Manager
Brandon, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dillard's in September 2011.

Interview Details – Went to customer service, applied on a computer terminal and waited to meet with the store manager. Met with her and was offered to start training the next day. Wanted a position right off the bat in management but was told I needed to prove myself first. They said they valued internal promotions and I would need to work my way up. Sold as a very positive experience with a company I would want to retire from. Office and building were very clean. Receptionist very friendly.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected, more or less standard interview regarding experience and where I saw myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It didn't seem like I was able to negotiate pay of $9/hr. Was told there was a 2-week and 3-month evaluation period that would set my pay more appropriately after they could see my performance.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dillard's in April 2012.

Interview Details – I went in during a week day. I introduced myself to one of the managers and discussed with her that I was seeking employment. She had me write down my information and she would get in touch with me in a day or so. She called, and we scheduled an interview for the following morning. It went great! After the 1 on 1 interview she had my fill out the application on the computer. After I was done, we talked some more.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Dillard's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dillard's interview questions and advice in Tampa, FL. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Dillard's employees and interview candidates.