Dillard's Women Shoes Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dillard's (Denton, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

First an interview with the manager of the store and then a second interview with the Shoes manager. They had a training assistant manager sitting in on my first interview, but he was training. They asked for my schedule availability, if I leaned toward one position more than another and informed me on the basics like pay, benefits and time off.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Dillards?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Women Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

You walk in and they ask some product knowledge and if you are comfortable with up-selling. They ask you some basic sales questions about how to approach people that may walk in to the store. It was a very simple interview which should have concerned me because the company just wants a live body to replace the last one.

Interview Questions

• "Are you comfortable not taking "No" for an answer at any time?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

They pay everyone about the same rate, there is no room for negotiation as the more you make, they more ridiculous your quota is.

Women Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Interview

A friend recommended me for this job. The interview process was a breeze for. They asked me about my past experiences and why they should hire me as oppose to someone else. When I finished the interview, the assistant manager who hired me told me the head manager was not there. However he told me I could expect to receive a call within the next 2 weeks to start .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dillard's (Denton, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Sent in resume on monster and received a call for an interview by the then store manager. I went in and spoke to the ASM of ladies shoes and had a nice quick interview. She called me later that day to have me interview with the store manager. I went in the next day and spoke to her and it was basically just asking me if I think I would enjoy my work there if I was up to the task.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions really. It was just kind of a generic interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The job is commission based with a $10.90/hr advance. No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Austintown, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dillard's (Austintown, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

i was called by HR the transfer to a manager,talked but didnt get in to details before i knew this wasnt for me

Women Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dillard's in July 2010.

Interview

For me the interview went very well, I have years of experience so i was very confident through out the interview and was hired right away.

Negotiation

The pay is set for the position and everyone is paid the same. The more experience you have the better your chances of getting the job.