Dimension Data Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

3.1

Business Developmant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dimension Data.

Phone interview with 2 on-site interviews. The interview was conducted with a senior group manager who came to NYC to conduct the interview. I also interviewed with the employee I was replacing. This person was moving on to a new role within the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would deal with a employee that is not measuring up to standards.   Answer Question
    Negotiated with HR over the phone.

Data Center Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dimension Data in November 2014.

Initial screening with recruiter. Recruiter sent 5 page questionnaire that needed to be completed and returned as a next step. A 30-minute phone interview with hiring manager took place next. I then had a phone interview with the manager of the Solution Architect team. An hour interview took place next with a Sales Manager (whose team I would be supporting). Next, I had an hour video conference with the hiring manager. I then had a video conference with the hiring manager's manager. Finally, I had a video conference with the VP of Sales/CTO for the US. Lastly, I had to complete a background check and take two personality tests.

Dimension Data handled the entire process very well and did a great job of setting expectations and overall communication. They were concerned about how long the process is and asked for my patience. I found the process and all the conversations to be very valuable so each party is in a position to make wise decisions. No one wants to make a hiring mistake and I feel very comfortable with what to expect. Great group of people!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one thing I'm not very good at as it pertains to interviewing and our conversation today.   Answer Question
    We set expectations early in our conversations so negotiation was smooth.

Client Specialist Interview

When they are interested they pursue through recruiters very intensely. Your first interview will be via the phone and you are given an opportunity to interview for the position, which will also include a Powerpoint presentation of your determination of what the Value Proposition is for selecting Dimension Data as your Value Added Reseller of choice.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the differentiator between Dimension Data and it's competitors?   Answer Question
    Don't accept it unless it frames the commitment the organization is making in regards to your training and development and a complete comprehensive description of your compensation structure.

Mobility Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centerville, Halifax, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Centerville, Halifax, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dimension Data.

I did phone interview, in person interview with the director and a panel of 6 interview. No feedback since.

Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Dimension Data.

It was an extraordinarily lengthy process. It took about 4 months to complete. There are additional steps kept being disclosed after the fact. It would be better to disclose all the steps in the process up front. There did not seem to be a sense of urgency. They have all the sophisticated processes, but they do not account for the human factor. The central point of contact in recruitment was very scattered.

Interview Questions
    • They were all over the place and went through a long process. There were a lot of required question (s) that you could tell the interviewer(s) thought were a waste of time, but were required. They were following a process that someone invested a lot of money to design.   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation. You get what you get....deal with it.

Marketing Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dimension Data.

HR phone screen, followed my manager phone screen, followed by face-to-face and video interviews. Final interview with three leaders, including a focus on behavioral interview questions. Very thorough background/reference checks.

Interview Questions
    • Many of the behavioral questions were challenging.   View Answer
    Offer, counter-offer, agreement.

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, TN

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Dimension Data in November 2013.

Time consuming.... One might end up with another job before completing the long Interview process... The Entire stuff took 6weeks... Yes..., 6 long Weeks...!! and the process was very slow.....

Service Delivery Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Dimension Data.

Great enthusiasm with all of the employees! Everyone appeared to be excited about the company and had a strong desire to hire someone that could share in the culture. The interviewing process was l-o-n-g! Many of the questions were the standard "describe a time when..."

Interview Questions
    • The questions were standard for the interviewing process   Answer Question
    The offer was competitive and fair. Did not negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dimension Data in September 2013.

Very easy. Three telephone interviews and voila! Awesome group of colleagues. Super collaborative team members. Interviews with PMO Manager, PMO Director and PMO Pre-Sales Manager.

Lead Network Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Dimension Data in April 2013.

The recruiter called me stating that there were lead engineering positions available. I was interested and decided to go through the hiring process. I was interviewed by there people, initially by the manager of the group who did the technical screen. Based on this I was called in to their local office for a video session for two more interviews. The feedback was very positive. A third telephone interview was conducted by the WAN Technical Manager, and she also provided a positive review of my assessment and skills. Two more interviews were planned. Before the fourth and fifth interview, I has asked to take the psychological examination for gauge my style of character.
    The fourth interview was conducted by the Managing Technical Consultant, the Network Architecture. I was not impressed with the questions that he asked. There were many network scenario questions that needed to be clarified and more details provided. When I asked for clarifications on the drawing that was verbally translated to me, he seemed to get aggressive. One of the questions was an EIGRP question, asking how would you manipulate two prefixes so that one prefix prefixes one link over the other. I mentioned that the EIGRP metric can be manipulated to make this decision. He mentioned that the answer was bandwidth and delay, and being at the level that I was at he expected a better answer. The question was basically a stupid question because if one manipulates prefixes by changing the delay on a link, all prefixes are manipulated, not just one. I also mentioned that I had not worked with EIGRP for almost 10 years. That was when we got defensive and aggressive, bordering on being hostile saying that a CCIE should know the the answer to the question. Well if he drew the diagram on the board and explained the scenario it could have been clearer.
    This interview should not have been conducted telephonicaly. The feedback from the recruiter was that the position that I was interviewing for was a Systems Engineer and not a Lead Network Engineer, hence I was considered not suitable for position. Of the five questions that I was asked I got three right, and the other two questions were not fair questions anyway.
    Dimension Data just wasted my time and money having to drive to their office and taking time off work to interview. I am not sure why everything turned sour after the fourth. I believe that they were dishonest in the dealing with.

Interview Questions
    • The MPLS scenario question was a curve ball. I still cannot understand the question. It is difficult to ask scenario in a telephone interview.   View Answer