Dimension Data

Dimension Data Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2014
Updated Nov 16, 2014

Client Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dimension Data.

When they are interested they pursue through recruiters very intensely. Your first interview will be via the phone and you are given an opportunity to interview for the position, which will also include a Powerpoint presentation of your determination of what the Value Proposition is for selecting Dimension Data as your Value Added Reseller of choice.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the differentiator between Dimension Data and it's competitors?   Answer Question
    Don't accept it unless it frames the commitment the organization is making in regards to your training and development and a complete comprehensive description of your compensation structure.

Mobility Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, Halifax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, Halifax, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dimension Data.

I did phone interview, in person interview with the director and a panel of 6 interview. No feedback since.

Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Dimension Data.

It was an extraordinarily lengthy process. It took about 4 months to complete. There are additional steps kept being disclosed after the fact. It would be better to disclose all the steps in the process up front. There did not seem to be a sense of urgency. They have all the sophisticated processes, but they do not account for the human factor. The central point of contact in recruitment was very scattered.

Interview Questions
    • They were all over the place and went through a long process. There were a lot of required question (s) that you could tell the interviewer(s) thought were a waste of time, but were required. They were following a process that someone invested a lot of money to design.   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation. You get what you get....deal with it.

Marketing Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dimension Data.

HR phone screen, followed my manager phone screen, followed by face-to-face and video interviews. Final interview with three leaders, including a focus on behavioral interview questions. Very thorough background/reference checks.

Interview Questions
    • Many of the behavioral questions were challenging.   View Answer
    Offer, counter-offer, agreement.

Service Delivery Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Dimension Data.

Great enthusiasm with all of the employees! Everyone appeared to be excited about the company and had a strong desire to hire someone that could share in the culture. The interviewing process was l-o-n-g! Many of the questions were the standard "describe a time when..."

Interview Questions
    • The questions were standard for the interviewing process   Answer Question
    The offer was competitive and fair. Did not negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dimension Data in September 2013.

Very easy. Three telephone interviews and voila! Awesome group of colleagues. Super collaborative team members. Interviews with PMO Manager, PMO Director and PMO Pre-Sales Manager.

Lead Network Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Dimension Data in April 2013.

The recruiter called me stating that there were lead engineering positions available. I was interested and decided to go through the hiring process. I was interviewed by there people, initially by the manager of the group who did the technical screen. Based on this I was called in to their local office for a video session for two more interviews. The feedback was very positive. A third telephone interview was conducted by the WAN Technical Manager, and she also provided a positive review of my assessment and skills. Two more interviews were planned. Before the fourth and fifth interview, I has asked to take the psychological examination for gauge my style of character.
    The fourth interview was conducted by the Managing Technical Consultant, the Network Architecture. I was not impressed with the questions that he asked. There were many network scenario questions that needed to be clarified and more details provided. When I asked for clarifications on the drawing that was verbally translated to me, he seemed to get aggressive. One of the questions was an EIGRP question, asking how would you manipulate two prefixes so that one prefix prefixes one link over the other. I mentioned that the EIGRP metric can be manipulated to make this decision. He mentioned that the answer was bandwidth and delay, and being at the level that I was at he expected a better answer. The question was basically a stupid question because if one manipulates prefixes by changing the delay on a link, all prefixes are manipulated, not just one. I also mentioned that I had not worked with EIGRP for almost 10 years. That was when we got defensive and aggressive, bordering on being hostile saying that a CCIE should know the the answer to the question. Well if he drew the diagram on the board and explained the scenario it could have been clearer.
    This interview should not have been conducted telephonicaly. The feedback from the recruiter was that the position that I was interviewing for was a Systems Engineer and not a Lead Network Engineer, hence I was considered not suitable for position. Of the five questions that I was asked I got three right, and the other two questions were not fair questions anyway.
    Dimension Data just wasted my time and money having to drive to their office and taking time off work to interview. I am not sure why everything turned sour after the fourth. I believe that they were dishonest in the dealing with.

Interview Questions
    • The MPLS scenario question was a curve ball. I still cannot understand the question. It is difficult to ask scenario in a telephone interview.   View Answer

Payroll Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Dimension Data.

Very prolonged and drawn out. I had to continuously reach out to recruiter. Two different types of personality tests. Phone interview wth recruiter, two days later interview with hiring manager, two days later interview with HR.....then nothing for 3 weeks. Then personality tests. Then nothing for a couple of weeks, then final interview and asked for references, then nothing until I called and was finally let off the hook and told that they chose the other candidate.

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dimension Data in August 2012.

The Dimension Data recruiter was unorganized and unable to keep appointments that he made with me. It took almost two weeks from the time I first spoke with him for him to get back to me regarding the phone technical interview and then when he did finally contact me, expected me to be ready and able to interview that same day. It took him over 24 hours to get an interview time to me that didn't change. Once I had completed the technical interview, it took over 3 days me to hear anything from the recruiter, and I had to call him. His exact words were, "You are just average. I want someone that is senior. I can't move forward with your submission," and he hung up the phone.

Interview Questions
    • During the technical interview, the second interview asked, "How would you configure trace route in a cisco firewall for a group of windows users?" I repeated the question to make sure I heard it correctly, and he responded with, "Windows fundamentally handles trace route differently than Unix does."   View Answers (5)

Purchasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dimension Data in January 2012.

1:1 with department head
    group with team

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a coworker who keeps making the same mistakes?   Answer Question