Dimension Data

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dimension Data in August 2012.

The Dimension Data recruiter was unorganized and unable to keep appointments that he made with me. It took almost two weeks from the time I first spoke with him for him to get back to me regarding the phone technical interview and then when he did finally contact me, expected me to be ready and able to interview that same day. It took him over 24 hours to get an interview time to me that didn't change. Once I had completed the technical interview, it took over 3 days me to hear anything from the recruiter, and I had to call him. His exact words were, "You are just average. I want someone that is senior. I can't move forward with your submission," and he hung up the phone.

Interview Questions
  • During the technical interview, the second interview asked, "How would you configure trace route in a cisco firewall for a group of windows users?" I repeated the question to make sure I heard it correctly, and he responded with, "Windows fundamentally handles trace route differently than Unix does."   View Answers (5)