Diplomatic Language Services Interview Questions

2.8

Diplomat Language Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Diplomatic Language Services (Alexandria, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

One-on-one interview. Interviewer explained the purpose and mission of the company. The company only hire people on as-need basis. It required instructors to plan their own lessons and determine classroom material needed depend of the language level of the student. Applicant names are kept in the company system and will be call upon when a contract is available.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is a bad teacher and a good teacher? Provide examples.   Answer Question

Student Services & Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Diplomatic Language Services (Arlington, VA).

Interview

After speaking with someone on the phone from HR about my skills and experience, I was invited to attend a face-to-face interview. The interview consisted of four different people coming in to the room, one-by-one, to ask 3-4 questions. It was a pretty standard interview and lasted about 45 minutes. The questions ranged from "How would you handle this?" to "What do you enjoy doing?" and "Why are you interested?".

Interview Questions

• If a movie were to be made about your life, what would the title of that movie be? Why?   Answer Question

Student Services Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Diplomatic Language Services.

Interview

2 phone interviews and then after 2 weeks I came in for an in-person interview. I interviewed with 3 people from operations department and then didn't hear back for another two weeks. Then asked to come back for another in-person interview, interviewed with about 7 people from different departments, all asked very straightforward questions about my interests, experiences, and interest in the company (this was for an entry level job)

Interview Questions

• I don't think any of the questions were particularly difficult or unexpected, very simple interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would suggest negotiating the salary.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Diplomatic Language Services (Arlington, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

face to face interview. DLS initially emailed to ask for availability for teaching foreign language. Availability was immediate need. If not, DLS hired another candidate.

Interview Questions

• what other teaching materials do you have to offer?   1 Answer
    • what is the most difficult part of the language?   1 Answer

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Diplomatic Language Services (Arlington, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview within 2 days of applying to the job online through my college career website. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes, and at the end, I was invited in to interview at the office, and meet some of the accounting staff.

Interview Questions

• What job did you like the best?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a wage lower than what I was hoping to get, but given the fact that I had no experience, I took it.

Pashto, Urdu Instructor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Diplomatic Language Services in January 2009.

Interview

its was over all good not that complicated.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to travel and work in other states?   1 Answer