Direct Capital

Updated Nov 7, 2014

3.2

Confidential Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Direct Capital in October 2014.

Interview process went well. Interviewers were polite, and asked relevant questions. They really believe in their company and excited about the future. I left excited to become a part of the team! I was extended an offer but the requirements they place on your for checks are demeaning and lengthy. After several weeks of back and forth with their HR group on the requirements around fingerprints, drug test, salary confirmations and background checks on all past jobs (even those that are out of business) I threw in the towel and decided I don't want to work at a place like that. I applied at another local finance company and started with in a week. Their loss.

I recommend that everyone avoid Direct Capital.

Interview Questions

Length of time it took to complete required checks, and they asked for information I was not able to obtain.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Direct Capital in February 2014.

Process was slow. Communication took place through email and it tool a long time for anyone to follow up. Once the process started and I met with the hiring manager, the process worked much better.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was very technical, you need to know your stuff.   View Answer
    Offer was what I requested.

Junior Fund Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Direct Capital.

Applied for an entry level position with this company and was contacted by a recruiter to set up a time for a phone interview. After confirming a time and clearing a busy schedule of mine to chat with this recruiter I was sent an email 30 MINUTES prior to our interviewing informing me the position had been filled. Only after emailing the recruiter multiple times was I sent an email back noting again that he was sorry, the position had been filled and there were no other positions that matched my particular background.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Direct Capital.

I was recruited from a website through HB1 visa. Recruiter was friendly but failed to follow up and call when said she would. I was left hanging for a while then hired. Once hired I was sitting idle for a while as I had no idea who manager was and had no training.

Interview Questions
    Enticed with bonus, which was taken away after hired

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Direct Capital in August 2011.

Everyone was very nice and very professional, from the first phone call to the final interview. I started with the HR admin for a phone screen. I then came in and met with the COO, the HR manager, and the IT Manager.
    I then had phone interviews with the CEO and the VP of Marketing. The office is clean, and bright with 2 cafeterias and a gym. I could hear people laughing as I walked through the facility. The environment was very relaxed. All the technology was up to date and state of the art.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Direct Capital in August 2009.

Basic questions. The person who interviewed me was a recruiter and spent ample time building up the company then asking what I thought.

Nothing to crazy, but check out the BBB before you apply

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach a client who is overdue on their payments?   Answer Question

After researching the company I found they are quite aggressive in their solicitations

Lead Generation Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Direct Capital.

Initially sent resume to on-line job post. I had to follow up several times. I had an interview and then received a job offer via overnight mail.

Interview Questions
    • Are you a hunter? Are you willing to make 100 outside calls per day?   View Answer
    No negotiation - take it or leave it.