Direct Capital

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Portsmouth, NH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Direct Capital in February 2014.

Interview Details – Process was slow. Communication took place through email and it tool a long time for anyone to follow up. Once the process started and I met with the hiring manager, the process worked much better.

Interview Question – Interview was very technical, you need to know your stuff.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer was what I requested.

Junior Fund Manager Interview

Junior Fund Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Direct Capital.

Interview Details – Applied for an entry level position with this company and was contacted by a recruiter to set up a time for a phone interview. After confirming a time and clearing a busy schedule of mine to chat with this recruiter I was sent an email 30 MINUTES prior to our interviewing informing me the position had been filled. Only after emailing the recruiter multiple times was I sent an email back noting again that he was sorry, the position had been filled and there were no other positions that matched my particular background.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Portsmouth, NH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Direct Capital.

Interview Details – I was recruited from a website through HB1 visa. Recruiter was friendly but failed to follow up and call when said she would. I was left hanging for a while then hired. Once hired I was sitting idle for a while as I had no idea who manager was and had no training.

Interview Question – Had to complete development test   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Enticed with bonus, which was taken away after hired

Senior Recruiter Interview

Senior Recruiter
Portsmouth, NH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Direct Capital in August 2011.

Interview Details – Everyone was very nice and very professional, from the first phone call to the final interview. I started with the HR admin for a phone screen. I then came in and met with the COO, the HR manager, and the IT Manager.
I then had phone interviews with the CEO and the VP of Marketing. The office is clean, and bright with 2 cafeterias and a gym. I could hear people laughing as I walked through the facility. The environment was very relaxed. All the technology was up to date and state of the art.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Portsmouth, NH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Direct Capital in August 2009.

Interview Details – Basic questions. The person who interviewed me was a recruiter and spent ample time building up the company then asking what I thought.

Nothing to crazy, but check out the BBB before you apply

Interview Question – How would you approach a client who is overdue on their payments?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – After researching the company I found they are quite aggressive in their solicitations

Lead Generation Interview

Lead Generation

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Direct Capital.

Interview Details – Initially sent resume to on-line job post. I had to follow up several times. I had an interview and then received a job offer via overnight mail.

Interview Question – Are you a hunter? Are you willing to make 100 outside calls per day?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - take it or leave it.

Worked for Direct Capital? Contribute to the Community!