Direct Energy Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.5

Tax Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Direct Energy.

Interview

Hired through VOLT. Was set up to meet with Tax Manager the next day morning and interviewed about 30 minutes. Know the result the same day in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you ever encountered and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. They offered and I received.

IT Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Direct Energy (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Went to their info session the evening before interview selection process on campus. Got chosen for the interview on campus. There was only one on campus interview. Interviewer was very nice and talkative.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Direct Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

Started with recruiter then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. We had the call during off hours which was great and thanks!!

Interview questions seemed pretty standard and he asked technical processes about my current role. I wasn't sure about the company at first but he did a good job of getting me interested in the company after. I didn't like how he kept referring to the department as his people. Not sure how healthy it really is when he talks like that.

He decided to go with other candidates that have specific experience he is looking for.

Tradings Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Direct Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

Initial interview on campus with recruiters. Received emails a few weeks later that I would be flying to Houston for 2nd round interview. Interview consisted of 1 group case study, 1 individual case study , and a behavioral interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you felt you did not give your best effort.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Direct Energy.

Interview

Brief phone screen, where I was asked basic interview questions, such as what are my short and long-term plans, past experience, etc. After the interview, I was told I would be contacted in a couple of days, regarding the next step. I received a email informing me thy they would proceed with other candidates.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Direct Energy (Buffalo Grove, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and did a quick phone screen. Then contacted again for a phone screen with hiring manager. Quick phone call with hiring manager. Contacted again by HR to set up on site interview. Interview details kept changing and interview got re-scheduled three times. After the last cancellation HR wouldn't return my e-mails. I finally reached HR rep by phone two weeks later and was told that the job opening was filled.

Procurement Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Direct Energy (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with Direct Energy in the fall of 2014 for a Summer 2015 internship. The interview process was very structured and the interviewees were awesome. It was a two step interview. The first over the phone and the second in person on campus at my school. Everyone that I have met from Direct Energy have been amazing thus far.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to make a tough decision?   1 Answer

Trading/Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Direct Energy (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting. Just had one on one interview on campus a few days later. My interviewer was very laid back and kind and the questions wee all behavioral. Got the offer around a week later. They were very nice and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a team member. What did you do?   Answer Question

This internship program is new so I went to another place that had a more established program.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Very laid back and open style of interview. 3 different managers were part of the interview process. typical types of questions. I.E. strengths, weakness, long term goals. Each person had a little bit different interview style so it didn't seem that repetitive as you might think,

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a scenario where you had a confrontation with a co worker and how it was resolved   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Direct Energy (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Initially received a phone call from HR. HR scheduled phone conversation with hiring manager. HR then scheduled in person interview. Met with 4-5 people during interview. Received verbal offer from HR 4 days later, gave me less than 24 hours to respond to offer. Everyone I spoke to was friendly, warm, and inviting. Everyone I spoke to seemed to like working here. Environment is a busy, shared table environment.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you handle working with someone who is very aggressive and someone who is very passive.   Answer Question

Salary