Direct General
www.direct-general.com Nashville, TN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Direct General Direct Energy Leadership Development Program Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Direct Energy Leadership Development Program Interview

Direct Energy Leadership Development Program
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Direct General in October 2011.

Interview Details – DE came to the university for campus recruiting for their LDP. Had an info session. A week later I got a call from an employee for a 20 min phone interview. Simple questions like where do you see yourself and ended with a small puzzle. I got a call 2 days later for an interview.
The interview was on campus and they invited literally dozens of people. Had four simultaneous panels of two people each interviewing the candidates for one whole day. I had mine in the morning. It was for 45 mins. Mostly situational and behavioral. What would you do if you were CEO, VP marketing and such. Some were behavioral like what did you as a part of a team when circumstances changed. Why DE and what do you know about the program. Again they ended the interview with a puzzle. The overall experience was ok. After two weeks got an email saying i wasn't selected and i later found out that most of the people from my university weren't selected. I don't know what they were looking for or it was a publicity stunt as they like to proclaim that DE LDP has one of the lowest acceptance rates.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you were CEO of DE?   Answer Question
  • if you were a electricity plant manager and it had to shutdown what would be your five point plan.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Direct General? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Direct General Direct Energy Leadership Development Program interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Direct General employees and interview candidates.