Direct General

Employer Engaged

Direct General Interview Questions

2.1

Customer Care Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Direct General.

Easy, comfortable, very informative! Interview time was short. Expected one interviewer but was surprised to have two people asking questions, which both were pretty open and nice. Everyone was very nice!

No negotiation, everything is what i expected, the situation i was coming out of was worse.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Direct General.

I I had 2 levels of interview - phone interview and face to face interview . I was interviewed by one manager who asked behavioral questions and then was interviewed to two other employees who asked only technical questions in SQL server.

Interview Questions
    • Specifically asked about particular functions in SQL and how does it work ?   Answer Question
    You should do the market research and negotiate to an higher salary as much as possible as you might not get hike for a few years after that .

Sale Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Direct General.

Interview process was very informal and unprofessional.

No negotiation.

Casualty Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Direct General.

I got a call for the interview on Wednesday, scheduled it for that Friday and got he job offer the following Monday. The interview was a 4 person panel and was pretty easy going as long as you know how to process a claim you'll be ale to answer the questions with ease.

Interview Questions
    • If we hire you what's to keep you rom going back to your previous company. Very unexpected   Answer Question

Auto Damage Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I applied in-person – interviewed at Direct General.

The process has dramatically changed over the last few years so I cannot be of help in this area as I was hired 12 years ago.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult situation you have faced on the job?   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglas, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglas, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Direct General in January 2013.

Its easy to get hired just have a license and a personality. The interviewer spent more time telling me about herself rather then asking questions about me. There was no phone interview. One face to face with the local Sales Manager. And, the respond time was quick.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Just general questions about your past. No situational questions.   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Direct General in December 2011.

process what short. One face to face interview

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. They offer and you take it or you dont

Direct Energy Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Direct General in October 2011.

DE came to the university for campus recruiting for their LDP. Had an info session. A week later I got a call from an employee for a 20 min phone interview. Simple questions like where do you see yourself and ended with a small puzzle. I got a call 2 days later for an interview.
    The interview was on campus and they invited literally dozens of people. Had four simultaneous panels of two people each interviewing the candidates for one whole day. I had mine in the morning. It was for 45 mins. Mostly situational and behavioral. What would you do if you were CEO, VP marketing and such. Some were behavioral like what did you as a part of a team when circumstances changed. Why DE and what do you know about the program. Again they ended the interview with a puzzle. The overall experience was ok. After two weeks got an email saying i wasn't selected and i later found out that most of the people from my university weren't selected. I don't know what they were looking for or it was a publicity stunt as they like to proclaim that DE LDP has one of the lowest acceptance rates.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if you were CEO of DE?   Answer Question
    • if you were a electricity plant manager and it had to shutdown what would be your five point plan.   Answer Question

ETL Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Direct General in September 2010.

External agency contacted me and put me on a telephonic interview with the Hiring manager. That was my first technical round. The next was another technical round with the DBAs and final was a face to face informal meeting where the offer was given

Was a 3 month contract to hire, took 5 months to get permanent due to extra paper work. Negotiation was smooth since I didn't have any bargains, was a mistake on my part.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Direct General in September 2008.

Phone interview