Direct General

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Agent Interview

Sales Agent
Douglas, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Direct General in January 2013.

Interview Details – Its easy to get hired just have a license and a personality. The interviewer spent more time telling me about herself rather then asking questions about me. There was no phone interview. One face to face with the local Sales Manager. And, the respond time was quick.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. Just general questions about your past. No situational questions.   Answer Question

Customer Care Interview

Customer Care

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Direct General.

Interview Details – Easy, comfortable, very informative! Interview time was short. Expected one interviewer but was surprised to have two people asking questions, which both were pretty open and nice. Everyone was very nice!

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, everything is what i expected, the situation i was coming out of was worse.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Direct General.

Interview Details – I I had 2 levels of interview - phone interview and face to face interview . I was interviewed by one manager who asked behavioral questions and then was interviewed to two other employees who asked only technical questions in SQL server.

Interview Question – Specifically asked about particular functions in SQL and how does it work ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You should do the market research and negotiate to an higher salary as much as possible as you might not get hike for a few years after that .

Sale Agent Interview

Sale Agent

I applied online and interviewed at Direct General.

Interview Details – Interview process was very informal and unprofessional.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Casualty Claims Adjuster Interview

Casualty Claims Adjuster
Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Direct General.

Interview Details – I got a call for the interview on Wednesday, scheduled it for that Friday and got he job offer the following Monday. The interview was a 4 person panel and was pretty easy going as long as you know how to process a claim you'll be ale to answer the questions with ease.

Interview Question – If we hire you what's to keep you rom going back to your previous company. Very unexpected   Answer Question

ETL Developer Interview

ETL Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Direct General in September 2010.

Interview Details – External agency contacted me and put me on a telephonic interview with the Hiring manager. That was my first technical round. The next was another technical round with the DBAs and final was a face to face informal meeting where the offer was given

Negotiation Details – Was a 3 month contract to hire, took 5 months to get permanent due to extra paper work. Negotiation was smooth since I didn't have any bargains, was a mistake on my part.

Sales Agent Interview

Sales Agent

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Direct General in December 2011.

Interview Details – process what short. One face to face interview

Interview Question – no real difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They offer and you take it or you dont

Auto Damage Appraiser Interview

Auto Damage Appraiser
Memphis, TN

I applied in-person and interviewed at Direct General.

Interview Details – The process has dramatically changed over the last few years so I cannot be of help in this area as I was hired 12 years ago.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult situation you have faced on the job?   Answer Question

Direct Energy Leadership Development Program Interview

Direct Energy Leadership Development Program
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Direct General in October 2011.

Interview Details – DE came to the university for campus recruiting for their LDP. Had an info session. A week later I got a call from an employee for a 20 min phone interview. Simple questions like where do you see yourself and ended with a small puzzle. I got a call 2 days later for an interview.
The interview was on campus and they invited literally dozens of people. Had four simultaneous panels of two people each interviewing the candidates for one whole day. I had mine in the morning. It was for 45 mins. Mostly situational and behavioral. What would you do if you were CEO, VP marketing and such. Some were behavioral like what did you as a part of a team when circumstances changed. Why DE and what do you know about the program. Again they ended the interview with a puzzle. The overall experience was ok. After two weeks got an email saying i wasn't selected and i later found out that most of the people from my university weren't selected. I don't know what they were looking for or it was a publicity stunt as they like to proclaim that DE LDP has one of the lowest acceptance rates.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you were CEO of DE?   Answer Question
  • if you were a electricity plant manager and it had to shutdown what would be your five point plan.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Nashville, TN

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Direct General in February 2008.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter who spilled all the info including the budgeted salary. She then scheduled me an in person interview with the new SVP of marketing. My interview with him went very well and lasted about 45 minutes. He made an offer to me on the spot, as I told him I was in negotiations with another company.

Interview Question – Where do I see myself going.....   Answer Question

Worked for Direct General? Contribute to the Community!