Direct Supply Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

3.4

Corporate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Focus was more on who you were and how you relate to customers more than products or services. There was a round table discussion and then there were individual group meetings with several different partners. They give you the company tour and observe your questions and observations. Afterwards I was asked about different things that I observed.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult was answered. Standard questions   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Very long process. It took over four months of phone interviews, a marathon session with seven back-to-back, face-to-face interviews, and then waiting around for weeks with very little to go on. Made it difficult to decide whether to wait it out for a potential offer or move on to other opportunities.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

As others mentioned, this is a lengthy interview process. Anticipate a few hours to meet with a minimum of 5 people. Everyone asked the same questions over and over again, which made it frustrating. They never left you feeling with a positive feeling. The second round was a job shadow and another interview with the Director of Customer Service.

Operations Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I submitted my resume online and got an email request for a phone screen. The phone screen lasted about 45 minutes. We determined during the call that I was not a fit for the role. The recruiter was enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the company. Overall a good experience and a company I would recommend looking at.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

I interviewed at 2 campuses with 9 people (1:1) and a Wonderlic test to boot. This including PMO, Infrastructure and Engineering directors/managers. The process took about 7.5 hours to complete

Interview Questions

• Describe a project where I had to communicate failure points to senior management   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Direct Supply.

Interview

Pretty straight forward process, phone interview followed by onsite, followed by an hour or so shadowing an employee. Had to take a wonderlic test, but nothing out of the ordinary. Everybody I meet with was very nice and straight forward on their job role, only negative thing was offer came in under my current salary which I disclosed in advance.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Direct Supply.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview with HR. On-site with 3 similar positioned employees and a wonderlic and personality test. Another date of on-site with hiring manager, their manager and managers at a similar level as hiring manager. Several days later, another interview with hiring manager. Offer made a week later. Enter process took over a month. Expect interview days to take many hours.

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Direct Supply.

Interview

Single Behavioral and Case Interview. Case was conversational and free form, relying on the applicant to drive the conversation and the solution. Interviewer made no effort to steer case in a particular direction. Behavioral interview was composed of straight forward fit questions. Direct Supply is very concerned with finding someone with a perfect fit for them.

Installation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Extremely thorough interview process. The interview lasted 3 hours and included sessions with team members you would work with if hired for that position. The hiring team asked a lot of questions to really zero in on your skill set.

Interview Questions

• Taking the Wonderlic assesment   1 Answer

Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

For those of you that thought this process was long and tedious, you probably were not a very good candidate for the job. I was offered the job at the interview before I left there facilities. After working there for a month I found that a lot of other people were contacted the day after their interviews. I only had one interview and most people I know working there did as well. If you apply for a job and can't answer their questions with ease your process WILL take longer. Don't apply for a job without doing your homework. They only hire people that they know will succeed. DS has done a great job hiring great talent. If you had a lengthy interview process and your frustrated by that then 1. It is because you suck at interviews and it took 7 interviews for them to make a decision on you or 2. They interviewed a lot of people for that position and you WON. Don't right a review that is negative about your interview process when you got the job, there is a reason your process took so long, and it could have been because of YOU.

Interview Questions

• I did not experience a difficult question (not to sound stuck up or rude) I prepared for my interview and have experience in the field I went into. I was well prepared and answered my questions with ease.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation process was good. They offered me a competitive salary that was equivalent to other companies.