DirectBuy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Interior Designrt Interview

Interior Designrt
Brentwood, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at DirectBuy in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was odd, but fun. None traditional questions, some borderline inappropriate. All in all, easy interview process. I sat in an office with the store manager and the owner. Joked around a little, it was very informal. And I felt comfortable.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, but did not expect "What does your spouse do for a living?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. It is what it is.

Marketing Associate Interview

Marketing Associate
Fort Mill, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DirectBuy in July 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out the application. I called to check on it and he requested me to come in that same day for the interview. I started with three others. The management team is awesome and I enjoy my job. The environment is always upbeat, and everyone is very respectful and always willing to help. Everyone is always happy and that makes it even more awesome because no stress happy people make everyday a wonderful day.

Interview Question – When the consumer wants to know how much the memberships are, and we do not have that information because there are several different things it depends on.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I enjoy helping others and I am a people person. Along the perks that I would receive on top of my hourly pay. Also I got and awesome vibe about the people from the start.

Call Center Outbound Representative Interview

Call Center Outbound Representative
Merrillville, IN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DirectBuy in February 2013.

Interview Details – I saw a posting on a job board website that stated outbound customer service reps needed no experience and no drug testing.I called the number and was set up with an phone interview with the recruiter. She sent me a script and I read the script to her and answered some pretty easy questions for her. I also took a data entry test that i had to pass. I was then set up for a face to face interview. When I arrived there I was told to fill out an appliciation which was expected the recruiter told me to arrive 15 mins early to fill out the application. After that she took me into the room and asked me some question such as what do you know about directbuy..I was instructed by the recruiter to read up on them. I told her my answer..She then told me about directbuy and the job..which she told me was not a customer service position but a sales position of some sort..I would be calling people to get them to come in to direct buy to view a presentation about direct buy.once they view they presentation there are suppose to be so moved that they buy a 5500 dollar membership to their company..in which when you are hired you recieve a commission for those memberships. I read a script for the manager she asked me did I have any questions and that was it.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Merchandise Specialist Interview

Merchandise Specialist
Merrillville, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DirectBuy in April 2012.

Interview Details – When you first get there you will take a basic timed math test, basically it's how many problems you can finish correctly in 10 minutes. You are interviewed by two people... the first manager that needs someone to fill the position within her team and then if she likes you, you will go on to interview with her boss. It's a nice place to work, just unstable work environment as they go through massive lay-offs every year and hire cheaper people. If you got offered the job, I'd honestly pass it up... it's stable job, they will lay you off when you least expect it. The people that are still there, are just waiting for something better to come along.

Interview Question – Simple interview, tell them about your previous jobs and types of situations. Either you know how to answer the questions or you don't, it's a no brainer.   Answer Question

Telecommunications Interview

Telecommunications
East Syracuse, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DirectBuy in November 2011.

Interview Details – I had two interviews and was hired

Outgoing Calls Interview

Outgoing Calls
Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DirectBuy in August 2009.

Interview Details – they make you wait a real long time in their reception area and then take you to the back and feed you a bunch of bs on how big of an opportunity the place is the whole time you feel your skin crawl/ you then get hired all of the sudden because their turn over is so high, until of find out why. They treat their employees like trash , they back stab them, cut wages, lie, and the whole entire place is a scam. The only way out for freedom of any kind is to quit.

Interview Question – how much money do you want to make? as if there is a huge opp there so cheesy you feel like they are trying to read you and see how much of a sucker you are   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was ok i just needed a job, there was really no negotiation

Director of Sales Interview

Director of Sales
Fresno, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at DirectBuy in April 2012.

Interview Details – Job was represented online as a Director position, but is actually a simple sales / presentation position. Salary was described as $60,000, which was untrue. Actual job was commission-only. Very old-school capture, present and offer high dollar limited time deal. Felt like slimy used car sales operation. I would not recommend to anyone over 25 years of age.

Interview Question – Have you presented to groups   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Commission only after described online as $60k salary. For any company to expect professional sales people to work for free is unbelievable. Everyone else in the building gets paid to show up. Sales people get paid only for result, yet have no control over the qualification process, the product, the price, nor the closing. Ridiculously outdated system - my guess is these guys fail within the next 2-3 years. Bay area stores already closed. This system and company has numerous sketch reviews online by people who attended their presentations. I just don't see the model working well.

Lead Generator Interview

Lead Generator
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at DirectBuy in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of sitting with a group of other applicants and reading the script for the outbound cold calls. You had to be comfortable reading the script and role-playing with one of the interviewers (there were 2) through the call right there in the room in front of everyone else. It seemed as though anyone that could read clearly and stay coherent through the script was hired.

Interview Question – The only "question" was simply being called on to read.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. The salary is $8.00/hr. with a $2.00/hr. bonus as long as you are on time and present every day of the pay period (2 per month). The commissions come in the form of memberships signed as a result of your booking appointments for prospects to come in for a tour/presentation.

Manager Interview

Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DirectBuy in February 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online for a position. A few day later I received a phone call from HR. It was a pretty quick phone interview. They asked me about my past experience, my availability etc. Then we scheduled an interview for the next Monday with a manager. We went through my past experience, we had a pleasant discussion. After that, I received a call and they offered me the job.

Interview Question – They asked me questions about my past experience   Answer Question

Lead Generator Interview

Lead Generator
Chattanooga, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DirectBuy in April 2009.

Interview Details – The first interview was a brief phone interview and a set up for a second interview. When I went to the second interview there were a couple other people there too. They explained to the group about the company, what the position was and what we'd be doing, the pay and hours, etc. After that they interviewed us individually. A day or two later I was offered the job and began training with two other girls. The three of us trained for a few days and then each of us was pulled to aside individually by the manager. I was told that there were only two positions and I had got one. After being there a couple of years i noticed they did that every group they hired. They hire more than they need and weed out those not right for job.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for DirectBuy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DirectBuy interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by DirectBuy employees and interview candidates.