Directi

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

3.5

Senior Recruiter Interview

Two telephonic interviews followed by a case study on Manpower Planning. Then a personal interview with management. Tech discussions, sourcing assignment. Final discussion with CEO Bhavin.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult but a good question, why Directi above Microsoft, Amazon, NetApp, Oracle etc ?   Answer Question
    Salary offered was more than expected :)

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Directi.

Round #1: A MCQ test testing basic computer science knowledge and puzzle solving skill.

Round #2: A problem solving round, consists of 2 problem not so hard.

Round #3, #4: They asked 3 algorithming problems in 1:1 interview.

Round #5: Final round was taken by company's CEO and asked 1-2 algorithmic problem.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Directi.

Recently Directi came to our college for placements.
    The First round was online coding round on codechef (3 Questions)
    The next one was onsite algorithmic paper pen round .
    The third round was technical which covered almost every part of engineering like database,web ,projects etc
    The final one was small HR.

Operations Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Directi.

The first round was full of networking and linux questions. MCQs basically. There were around 1300 applicants from my college out of which they selected 20 for round 2.
    Round 2 was coding. I, being a coder was expecting a question that uses algorithms and data structures. However, they asked us to implement the search command as is found in linux.
    I was able to do that and moved on to the next round.
    This round was a F2F interview round. On talking about my interests I told them I like coding. He asked me other questions all of which were answered by me.
    However, he felt I'm a developer and not fit for the role.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Directi.

I was able to clear two rounds for the internship procedure.
    First Round- Online Coding Round hosted on codechef(2 questions,90 minutes)
     Question 1 had 2 points whereas question 2 had 1 point.

Question 1. There is a compressed string eg. ”ab2c3”, the string has lowercase characters and numbers. We can uncompress the given string as follows: whenever we get a number “n” in the string, the portion of the string before the number will repeat “n” times. So in the above example, we get a 2, so string will become “ababc3”, now we get a 3, so final string will be “ababcababcababc”.
    Given a compressed string and a number k, you have to output the k’th character in the uncompressed string.

1 <= length of string <= 1500
    1 <= n <= 1000
    1 <= k < 2^31
    example:
    input: ab2c3 10
    output: c

Question 2. There is a string whose characters can only be either ‘a’, ‘b’ or ‘_’ (there can be only one ‘_’ in the string). At each step, we can modify the string as follows:
    1. ‘_’ can be swapped with its adjacent character, example “a_ba” can be changed to either “_aba” or “ab_a”.
    2. Two characters adjacent to ‘_’ (both on the same side of ‘_’) can be reversed along with the ‘_’ if both characters are different, example, “aa_ba” can be changed to “aaab_” but not to “_aaba” because both characters are ‘a’.
    You are given two strings, the initial state and the final state (lengths will be same), you have to output the minimum number of steps required to change the string in initial state to the string in the final state.
    example:
    input: a_b ab_
    output: 1
    input: abaa_a b_aaaa
    output: 4
    reason for example 2:- abaa_a -> aba_aa -> ab_aaa -> _baaaa -> b_aaaa

Hint: Use Breadth first search

Round 2(Skype Round, 2 questions)
    Question1 http://community.topcoder.com/stat?c=problem_statement&pm=3509&rd=6528
    Question 2 A graph problem where there is a reward associated at each edge of graph. We need to maximise the rewards in n moves and each node or edge can be visited multiple number of times. A starting vertex is given.

Interview Questions
    • first question of second round based on probability and dp was hardest of all.   Answer Question

Not Told Interview

Good and helpful interviewers. You may take your time in solving question, that is not an issue. Expect new questions, which generally don't require a specific data structure. It will be a lengthy day, but the company is awesome

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Directi in November 2014.

There was a simple aptitude test and den the interview was conducted.general questions were asked in d aptitude test.It was neutral. hr interviewers were kind and friendly. It was nice and easy.

Business Development Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Directi in November 2014.

I applied online for this position.My experience was way below then expected,first of all there were more number of applicants since it was a mass recruitment.The process started with a small introduction where you have to speak about yourself and why you've applied for this post and on the basis of this introduction which was for about less than a minute you're judged on your communication skills.Than,second round was essay writing which was quite easy so i cleared 2 rounds and next round was HR but failed to clear.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Directi.

i had gone through only one round of aptitude ie. coding.The programs were easy but your code must satisfy all the test cases which is quite difficult.Maximum the test cases you satisfy maximum points you get .there were three programs. i was able to execute only one but the test cases were not satisfied.compilers were provided of your choice and the language of coding can be choose by yourself.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Directi.

For the on campus hiring process, there is an online test followed by 3 or more technical interviews. Every round is an elimination round. The focus is on algorithms, data structures and a little bit of system design skills.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions are purely algorithmic. The difficulty of questions is above average and a competitive programming background might help. You are expected to optimize your algorithm and produce working code for all problems.   Answer Question