Directi Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015
Updated Mar 9, 2015

3.5

Senior Recruiter Interview

Two telephonic interviews followed by a case study on Manpower Planning. Then a personal interview with management. Tech discussions, sourcing assignment. Final discussion with CEO Bhavin.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult but a good question, why Directi above Microsoft, Amazon, NetApp, Oracle etc ?   Answer Question
    Salary offered was more than expected :)

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Directi.

Round #1: A MCQ test testing basic computer science knowledge and puzzle solving skill.

Round #2: A problem solving round, consists of 2 problem not so hard.

Round #3, #4: They asked 3 algorithming problems in 1:1 interview.

Round #5: Final round was taken by company's CEO and asked 1-2 algorithmic problem.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Directi.

Through mail i applied then after few days i got a call frm hr abt the vacancy then she told me to come for an interview at andheri . It was overall simple apti for quantquant etc

Interview Questions
    • Simple apti then hr round ..she was asking basic wuestion tell abt yourself ...etc   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Directi.

On campus interview. Was a long process. First round: Coding, 2nd & 3rd round: Interview with 2 programming questions each(You have to code them on paper) Final round: OS,DB, Networks, Projects etc. Interviews were tough and fun to tackle.

Interview Questions
    • The final round which involved questions on a variety of topics was grueling.   Answer Question

Operations Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Directi.

Extremely polite and friendly. The interview process took a while as many people had come for the various other openings. overall it was a good experience. The questions asked for the excel test didn't make sense.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to do a job such as the operation assistant? Why not something in finance?   Answer Question

Cyber Security Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Directi.

My CV got selected from Naukri com, their 1st interview is freaking different like an speech competition. they will make u sit in a room with about 30 candidates and 1 by 1 u have to introduce yourself. And i wasn't expecting this kind of Interview and unfortunately I was the first!
    And i am Out! I know it was easy but i wasn't prepared at that moment. If i were in 3rd seat, i could have hit the nail!

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Directi.

I mailed my resume to three HRs, whose email id I had with me. One of the HRs replied to my email within a week and scheduled an online round in the next week.
    I had total 4 rounds:
    1. 1 online coding round in codechef where I had to solve 2 codes. I successfully submitted 1 code and got selected. They announced the results the next day. My next skype interview was scheduled 4 days later according to my convenience.
    2. 2 skype interviews where I had to code in a collabedit.com. In each interview I was asked 2 algorithmic questions.
    3. Finally they asked me to come to their office and give the final technical round. They paid for my expenses. The HR was very helpful regarding the dates and my location preference for the interview. In the interview I was asked questions from my projects, i.e. cryptography, then OS, DBMS, networking, webapp design and basic algorithmic applications. It was a 2-2.30 hrs interview. The interviewer was very helpful and friendly. Then they gave out the final results later in the evening.

It was a very good interview experience for me and I loved the company. Looking forward to join it.

P.S. The HR and I contact each other through whatsapp. So I hope that tells the friendliness and openness of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Given the coordinates [a,b] of a knight in a 8X8 chess board and the number (n) of moves, what is the probability that the knight will go out of the board in n moves. Generalize it in terms of a, b, n.

The interviews were tough as the questions that were asked in the algorithmic rounds were not mentioned in any usual sites like geekforgeeks, topcoder or careercup. I would tell practice from these sites as the basic concepts are same and if you get stuck anywhere feel free to ask the interviewers. They will always help you out.

Answer Question
    They emailed me the documents and the package details and told me to reply them with the details required. In case of any trouble I contacted my HR who solved them out.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Directi in December 2014.

I applied on-campus. There were a total of four rounds, all elimination:

1. Online coding round - Codechef

Consisted of two questions - one brute-force and one Div-2 C level (a hint was also given for the latter). Second question had many potential WA cases. Did both, but some of the people who did only one were also shortlisted.

2. Algorithms - F2F

Two questions - one on trees and the second on DP. Was able to do only the first. Was also asked to write pseudocode and calculate the complexity. A standard question was asked in the last 5 minutes, which I was not able to properly explain due to time constraints. Level - medium-hard

3. Algorithms - F2F

Three questions - two standard and one DP (again, Div-2 C level). Was able to do all.

4. Projects/OS/Misc - Skype

Topics of discussion were programming languages, compilers, memory concepts (stack, heap etc.), deadlocks and synchronization. One string parsing question in the end.

My result was announced immediately after my last round. Some of the others' were announced in a couple of hours. There were no behavioral questions or a HR round.

Interview Questions
    • You can expect a mix of medium-hard problems and some standard questions - or variations of those. All rounds are crucial if it's an elimination format, and the last round will test all non-algorithmic skills you have. F2F interviewers were a patient lot, one was especially informal (in a good way). Overall, a challenging an intense experience.   Answer Question
    A standard package was offered to all selected applicants.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Applied on-campus. There were four rounds.

First round was coding on codechef: asked 2 questions in 75 or 90 mins (I don't remember), solved 1 question. 2 questions were solved by only few students (9 of ~200), they selected 30-40 students for the next rounds.

Second and Third round were algorithm interviews. was asked 2-2 questions in both the interviews, of moderately-high difficulty level. Solved all the questions and cleared both the rounds. Time duration: ~1 hour each

Final Technical-HR round: The most difficult round. It was a telephonic interview, I was questioned about everything. They started with my ongoing project, then jumped to a real-time coding question. Then questions of DBMS, OS and Networks were asked. Time duration: ~ 1hr 30min

Interview team were nice people, very friendly. It was a good interview experience

No comments on the office culture or anything as I've not yet started working as I'm currently completing my last semester in the college.

Interview Questions
    • No comments on this as it is against the company policy to release questions   Answer Question
    They have a fixed salary structure for all the college graduates, so no negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Directi in December 2014.

I applied through placement drive conducted by the institute. The selection procedure consisted of an online coding round followed by face-to-face interviews for the shortlisted students.

Online round
    It was conducted on CodeChef and the duration was 90 minutes. There were two questions and students who solved at least one were shortlisted for interviews.

There were a total of three rounds of interviews, two algorithmic rounds followed by one technical round.

Algo rounds
    There were two questions in each of the algo rounds. The questions were based on graphs, arrays and DP. I was asked to explain the method, write a pseudocode and do complexity analysis.

Technical round
    This was a telephonic interview. There were questions from Networks, OS, Data Structures and Algorithms. However, these were just basic questions.

The interviewers were friendly and patient and overall it was a challenging and an interesting experience.

Interview Questions
    • According to me, each of the algo round had a medium and a hard problem.   Answer Question