Directi Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

3.5

Senior Recruiter Interview

Interview

Two telephonic interviews followed by a case study on Manpower Planning. Then a personal interview with management. Tech discussions, sourcing assignment. Final discussion with CEO Bhavin.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult but a good question, why Directi above Microsoft, Amazon, NetApp, Oracle etc ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary offered was more than expected :)

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Directi.

Interview

Round #1: A MCQ test testing basic computer science knowledge and puzzle solving skill.

Round #2: A problem solving round, consists of 2 problem not so hard.

Round #3, #4: They asked 3 algorithming problems in 1:1 interview.

Round #5: Final round was taken by company's CEO and asked 1-2 algorithmic problem.

Associate Manager - Publisher Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Directi (Mumbai (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Took two weeks from initial contact and final offer. Talent Acquisition Specialist was very prompt and extremely professional. A very good experience. A case study was given with 2 days to prepare for before the interview. The 1:1 had questions on the case study as well as a another case study where you had 5 min to prepare your answer. Certain technical questions were also asked. Team management and client relationship management experience was probed. Lot of questions on digital advertising and objection handling.

Interview Questions

• Case study was on mobile SSP launch and marketing, customer relationship management and team management   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Directi.

Interview

Through mail i applied then after few days i got a call frm hr abt the vacancy then she told me to come for an interview at andheri . It was overall simple apti for quantquant etc

Interview Questions

• Simple apti then hr round ..she was asking basic wuestion tell abt yourself ...etc   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Directi.

Interview

On campus interview. Was a long process. First round: Coding, 2nd & 3rd round: Interview with 2 programming questions each(You have to code them on paper) Final round: OS,DB, Networks, Projects etc. Interviews were tough and fun to tackle.

Interview Questions

• The final round which involved questions on a variety of topics was grueling.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Directi.

Interview

Extremely polite and friendly. The interview process took a while as many people had come for the various other openings. overall it was a good experience. The questions asked for the excel test didn't make sense.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to do a job such as the operation assistant? Why not something in finance?   Answer Question

Cyber Security Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Directi.

Interview

My CV got selected from Naukri com, their 1st interview is freaking different like an speech competition. they will make u sit in a room with about 30 candidates and 1 by 1 u have to introduce yourself. And i wasn't expecting this kind of Interview and unfortunately I was the first!
    And i am Out! I know it was easy but i wasn't prepared at that moment. If i were in 3rd seat, i could have hit the nail!

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Directi (Mumbai (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process is very lengthy, waited long time for clear answer, most of time went in waiting for some one to comeback, they should speed up their process.Interview process is very lengthy, waited long time for clear answer, most of time went in waiting for some one to comeback, they should speed up their process

Interview Questions

• most question were around domain name , hosting etc   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Directi (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

I mailed my resume to three HRs, whose email id I had with me. One of the HRs replied to my email within a week and scheduled an online round in the next week.
    I had total 4 rounds:
    1. 1 online coding round in codechef where I had to solve 2 codes. I successfully submitted 1 code and got selected. They announced the results the next day. My next skype interview was scheduled 4 days later according to my convenience.
    2. 2 skype interviews where I had to code in a collabedit.com. In each interview I was asked 2 algorithmic questions.
    3. Finally they asked me to come to their office and give the final technical round. They paid for my expenses. The HR was very helpful regarding the dates and my location preference for the interview. In the interview I was asked questions from my projects, i.e. cryptography, then OS, DBMS, networking, webapp design and basic algorithmic applications. It was a 2-2.30 hrs interview. The interviewer was very helpful and friendly. Then they gave out the final results later in the evening.

It was a very good interview experience for me and I loved the company. Looking forward to join it.

P.S. The HR and I contact each other through whatsapp. So I hope that tells the friendliness and openness of the company.

Interview Questions

• Given the coordinates [a,b] of a knight in a 8X8 chess board and the number (n) of moves, what is the probability that the knight will go out of the board in n moves. Generalize it in terms of a, b, n.

The interviews were tough as the questions that were asked in the algorithmic rounds were not mentioned in any usual sites like geekforgeeks, topcoder or careercup. I would tell practice from these sites as the basic concepts are same and if you get stuck anywhere feel free to ask the interviewers. They will always help you out.

Answer Question

Negotiation

They emailed me the documents and the package details and told me to reply them with the details required. In case of any trouble I contacted my HR who solved them out.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Directi in December 2014.

Interview

I applied on-campus. There were a total of four rounds, all elimination:

1. Online coding round - Codechef

Consisted of two questions - one brute-force and one Div-2 C level (a hint was also given for the latter). Second question had many potential WA cases. Did both, but some of the people who did only one were also shortlisted.

2. Algorithms - F2F

Two questions - one on trees and the second on DP. Was able to do only the first. Was also asked to write pseudocode and calculate the complexity. A standard question was asked in the last 5 minutes, which I was not able to properly explain due to time constraints. Level - medium-hard

3. Algorithms - F2F

Three questions - two standard and one DP (again, Div-2 C level). Was able to do all.

4. Projects/OS/Misc - Skype

Topics of discussion were programming languages, compilers, memory concepts (stack, heap etc.), deadlocks and synchronization. One string parsing question in the end.

My result was announced immediately after my last round. Some of the others' were announced in a couple of hours. There were no behavioral questions or a HR round.

Interview Questions

• You can expect a mix of medium-hard problems and some standard questions - or variations of those. All rounds are crucial if it's an elimination format, and the last round will test all non-algorithmic skills you have. F2F interviewers were a patient lot, one was especially informal (in a good way). Overall, a challenging an intense experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A standard package was offered to all selected applicants.