Discount Tire Company

Updated Oct 30, 2014

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Discount Tire Company.

Do not call to ask if hiring! Walk into location and ask for application or print one out online and take it in. Ask to speak to manager. Every encounter at Discount Tire Company is an interview. Questions are not complicated at all and interview process is mainly to gauge what kind of person is applying. No experience is necessary and all that is required is a good "can-do" attitude.

Interview Questions
    • Never heard a complicated question during interviews here. Interview is mostly a conversation to get to know the person a little better.   Answer Question

Tire Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Discount Tire Company.

Show up. Fill out paper ap. Talk with manager. If company has an opening they will ask you if you mind shaving every day. They will also ask you general questions about school status and future goals. If they feel you have the ability to work hard and be a good person, then you will probably get a job. Techs have an above average turn around.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really comes to mind. They want to make sure you are a stable person with a ride to work every day.   View Answer
    There wasn't any. If you work hard and do what your told, you can become quickly a favorite among the management and then ask for raises as you feel you deserve them.

Senior Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Discount Tire Company in April 2014.

Interview Content :Very Good.
    Interview Process : I did not like it. Very unusual to me.
    1.First Round - Rapid fire questions 40-50 Java/JEE
    2. Second Round : A.) Coding exercise. TDD based. B.) Behavioral - More than 10 people.
    Why I did not like it:
    Coding exercise : You are coding on a projector with a wireless keyboard and a mouse. there is a lag some times. There are 4 people in the room talking to each other - very annoying. They will be watching and talking some thing irrelevant. I couldn't concentrate. I'm not used to this kind of interview.I felt like I was being audited. I blanked out and I couldn't do well.
    Behavioural : I am not used to broadcast my strengths and weakness. Though I did. These questions are irrelevant to BA,QA, DBA, PM who are in the room. I think if I am broadcasting my characteristics, I would like to know those who are in the room.

Best Part : As soon as I went home, I wrote the code in less than 2 hours and sent it over to the staffing agency. It would be a lie, if I said I did not use any help from Google, but the only help I used is with Java Enum. How many times in 10 years will a Java developer use on an Average. But that's not the point...I could do it with some help on Enum usage. The code was zipped and password protected.
    A day later the staffing agency calls and askes for Password, unwillingly I had to give it. Now ... this Staffing agency gives my code to another candidate and he passes the interview as he writes the code in 45 Mins- that's what I heard.
    I wish I can upload the code here....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Discount Tire Company.

I just showed up filled out an application and then I recieved a call and was asked to go take a drug test. Was working within a week.

Tire Tech Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Discount Tire Company.

Super easy. Basically the interview process is to make sure you're not a complete idiot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Discount Tire Company in September 2012.

Asked a friend if they where hiring at his local store and he said yeah and told me to stop by. i stopped by and as soon as i got done filling out the application i got hired on the spot. There was only 2 parts to the interview before i actually started to work there. The first was taking a drug test which was an easy ace and the second was orientation which was training. It wasn't difficult at all and the pay was good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Discount Tire Company in September 2012.

I met the Senior Assistant Manager outside of Discount and he offered to give me a job. I went to the store to fill out an application and was called back for an interview the next day. I interviewed with the Store Manager and pretty much just chatted with him the whole time. Easiest interview ever.

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Discount Tire Company in November 2010.

Takes a while to get through interview process and before you can get a decent amount of hours.

Interview Questions
    • Hours to pay on lower level management.   View Answer
    Plan on the wait as in being in a long wait to move up. if your not considered a stores managers or avp favorite then you might seek opportunities elsewhere.

Maintenance Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Discount Tire Company in April 2010.

Easy, Inviting and safe, straightforward expectations laid out and mostly friendly and non intimidating.
    I was interviewed by 3 VPs so it was a little nerve wracking but They were very helpful and forthcoming about the pros and cons of coming to work for Discount Tire Company

They explained the salary and management structure and detailed how advancement was possible to the very top of the company from any level

Not much negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Discount Tire Company in February 2010.

The interview process was casual. Although I was an Assistant Manager when I left I started as a tire tech. The Manager asked me about my work ethic. If I was physically capable of the hard work. Then he asked personal questions. What my goals were. How I got along with my family. Was i married. Kids.

Interview Questions
    He agreed to pay me well over minimum wage. He explained that the work was hard but the pay was fair. And that if I continued to do well, there would be raises. He kept his word.