Discount Tire Company Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Discount Tire Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Discount Tire Company (Austin, TX).

Interview

Manager talked to me on the spot and we just talked about the job itself. they were pretty desperate to get more techs in the store. MUST GO INTERVIEW IN PERSON

Interview Questions

• can you perform the tasks at hand   1 Answer

Negotiation

just talked to the manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Discount Tire Company (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Really simple. Basic questions. Just be yourself. Some managers are really straight forward and honest when it comes to the questions, so just be ready and always dress for success. You will be getting dirty since you'll be working on other people's tires so just be prepared and wear gloves. Its also quite loud sometimes so wear earplugs when you can. Well it was loud for me but it may be different for you.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Discount Tire Company (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Do not call to ask if hiring! Walk into location and ask for application or print one out online and take it in. Ask to speak to manager. Every encounter at Discount Tire Company is an interview. Questions are not complicated at all and interview process is mainly to gauge what kind of person is applying. No experience is necessary and all that is required is a good "can-do" attitude.

Interview Questions

• Never heard a complicated question during interviews here. Interview is mostly a conversation to get to know the person a little better.   Answer Question

Tire Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Discount Tire Company in October 2014.

Interview

I walked in with a resume hoping to get the job and the manager looked at is for 2 seconds and said I had the job. Went and took the drug test and once they got the results they gave me a web sight to go electronically sight all the paper work and set up my direct deposit. Started working the next day.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on working here for?   1 Answer

Tire Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Discount Tire Company.

Interview

Show up. Fill out paper ap. Talk with manager. If company has an opening they will ask you if you mind shaving every day. They will also ask you general questions about school status and future goals. If they feel you have the ability to work hard and be a good person, then you will probably get a job. Techs have an above average turn around.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really comes to mind. They want to make sure you are a stable person with a ride to work every day.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any. If you work hard and do what your told, you can become quickly a favorite among the management and then ask for raises as you feel you deserve them.

Senior Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Discount Tire Company (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview Content :Very Good. Interview Process : I did not like it. Very unusual to me. 1.First Round - Rapid fire questions 40-50 Java/JEE 2. Second Round : A.) Coding exercise. TDD based. B.) Behavioral - More than 10 people. Why I did not like it: Coding exercise : You are coding on a projector with a wireless keyboard and a mouse. there is a lag some times. There are 4 people in the room talking to each other - very annoying. They will be watching and talking some thing irrelevant. I couldn't concentrate. I'm not used to this kind of interview.I felt like I was being audited. I blanked out and I couldn't do well. Behavioural : I am not used to broadcast my strengths and weakness. Though I did. These questions are irrelevant to BA,QA, DBA, PM who are in the room. I think if I am broadcasting my characteristics, I would like to know those who are in the room. Best Part : As soon as I went home, I wrote the code in less than 2 hours and sent it over to the staffing agency. It would be a lie, if I said I did not use any help from Google, but the only help I used is with Java Enum. How many times in 10 years will a Java developer use on an Average. But that's not the point...I could do it with some help on Enum usage. The code was zipped and password protected. A day later the staffing agency calls and askes for Password, unwillingly I had to give it. Now ... this Staffing agency gives my code to another candidate and he passes the interview as he writes the code in 45 Mins- that's what I heard. I wish I can upload the code here....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Discount Tire Company (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

I just showed up filled out an application and then I recieved a call and was asked to go take a drug test. Was working within a week.

Tire Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Discount Tire Company.

Interview

Super easy. Basically the interview process is to make sure you're not a complete idiot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Discount Tire Company (Grand Prairie, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

I met the Senior Assistant Manager outside of Discount and he offered to give me a job. I went to the store to fill out an application and was called back for an interview the next day. I interviewed with the Store Manager and pretty much just chatted with him the whole time. Easiest interview ever.

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Discount Tire Company (Dallas, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Asked a friend if they where hiring at his local store and he said yeah and told me to stop by. i stopped by and as soon as i got done filling out the application i got hired on the spot. There was only 2 parts to the interview before i actually started to work there. The first was taking a drug test which was an easy ace and the second was orientation which was training. It wasn't difficult at all and the pay was good.