Discount Tire

Updated Dec 7, 2014

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Discount Tire

Tire Tech Interview

Short interview that asked simple questions about your history with working on cars and other small talk questions. Basically the job is like any other part time job interview just making sure that you can work a decent amount of hours and are willing to work hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Discount Tire in March 2014.

You should be fine if you have the slightest bit of intelligence and even a little bit maturity

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Discount Tire.

I did my research online and located the part-time application posted on their website. I typed it neatly and completely and mounted it in a nice clear-view folder with my resume. Walked into the store well-dressed, and asked to speak the manager. I handed him my folder and shook his hand and communicated my interest in the job. Before long, I was called back for an interview, drug tested, and hired. Later I found out that most applicants walk in and ask for applications, then proceed to fill them out in pen right there in the showroom. Apparently my behavior through the whole process was pretty stellar compared to what they are used to.

You'll be competing for the job with a bunch of high-school kids most likely, so little things like typing your application and presenting it professionally will surely secure a job for yourself. The interview was very basic with common questions.

Be sure to go in clean shaved and with well groomed hair, as that is company policy for all employees.

Service Technician Interview

Extremely basic process. Simply want to know if you're hard working enough to do manual labor all day. May ask some basic ethical questions as well. Easiest way to get a job here is to simply know someone. If DTC is hiring at the time, getting a job here is very easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Discount Tire in October 2010.

The interview process for me was simple all I did was fill out an application, then I came in the next day asking to speak to the store manager, he greeted me and I asked if he had a chance to look over my application, He told me yes and asked me if I had prior experience and I had none so he said no problem we can train you, I should his hand and said thank you for this opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • None they want fresh meat that have never worked for a tire company before that way there are no bad habits you bring from other companies   Answer Question
    Very simple, there was no need to get nervous about having no prior experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Discount Tire in March 2010.

If they accept you and you accept the job, you get a 90 day shot and review to see if you can cut it. If you make it you keep your job, if not you get let go. So work your but off the whole time your there and dont mess up! I worked there for about 4 years.

Interview Questions
    If you know your stuff negotiate higher.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Discount Tire in September 2009.

basically i spoke with the manager of a discount tire store and filled out an application, the manager was interested with me and asked if i had any health risks or any disablities, told me the job requires safety glasses at all times and that safety is number one. told me that about being able work my way up, and that everyone including bruce halle started out as a tire tech.

Interview Questions
    • do you have any problems wearing saftey glasses   View Answer
    • do you have any problems with working hard   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solana Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solana Beach, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Discount Tire in January 2008.

Simple and uncomplicated. Basic questions are mostly around availability, schedule, previous employement. Drug test and background check included.

None.