Discover Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Discover (West Valley City, UT).

Interview

The interview process when I was hired consisted of three interviews or levels. The first one was HR, the second was a team leader, and the third was a department manager. You need to pass each level to get hired and the questions get a bit harder each time. Just keep it professional, on topic (relevant), and having experience or talking about sales really helps.

After working here for a while you will see all kinds of people that have worked here. It seems overkill to really go to the level they make you go through for a job. They really should talk to you for a bit, confirm you are not a criminal and a decent person and give you a shot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation wasn't an option. They just told me what the job was paying and that is it.

Other Interview Reviews for Discover

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Discover (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Got a call to come in and interview when I was done with school. The interview took about 45 mins and was a mix between behavioral and traditional questions, not to difficult. I heard back the same day and they offered me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Discover (New Castle, DE) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online recieved and email to set up phone interview. NEVER got a phone call on that day. which i think is very unprofessional. 3 days later i get a random phone call from recruiter. After phone interview, was invited to meet human resource manager for interview. she asked all basic questions (why you want to work here, tell me a time etc) after that she gave me cards and i have to list them as strengths and what i need to work on etc. After that, she invited to meet the hiring manager which was all the way in Dover. Met the hiring manager and she had me read a disclosure that is read to customers during application process. she liked me said i wud hear from them in 3 days, got a phone call saying i got the job 20 mins later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I honestly didn't negotiate, was suprised they started me off with what they did giving i had not much call center experience. starting pay was 12.30 was giving more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Discover (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

It starts with a phone interview with a recruiter over the phone to go over your resume. After that they will set up an in person interview and then also take you through a walk through.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They offered me a starting salary and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Discover (New Castle, DE) in September 2013.

Interview

You have to check your email or you will miss out. You begin with an email and are required to do 2 tests one real life one personality. From there you get a phone interview which if your selected they will disclose wage and schedule information but set you up for a second interview. Second interview is in person. Real brief but different than a regular interview. If chosen from there you have One more interview with the head of HR. From there you will be told if your hired or not and get a tour. They will also then schedule for you to come back to sign paperwork and do on site drug test and badge pictures

Interview Questions

• Most tricky question is when they bring out magazine covers and ask to select the one you would read and why....then they go to ask you who you would write about in a magazine and why   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Discover.

Interview

Behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Discover (New Castle, DE) in November 2012.

Interview

After the submission of my application, I immediately received a call from a recruiter who was extremely nice. She set a phone interview, then set up a in person interview. She was superb. Discover informed me of what will take place; the in-person interview was quite detailed because I listened to a live call with a acct mgr who was taking a call. I also had to role play with the interviewer. I processed all paperwork online. It was great. I had to take a urine test and drug test in their nursing facility onsite, so I never had to wait in a long line at another facility. The hiring process was very efficient and the environment was business casual and relaxed. The people at Discover Financial Services were very nice in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What do I expect to be in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter offered me more money because I had a Bachelor's Degree, which was great. They went over in detail about training, how long training will be, and details about the overall job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Discover (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2011.

Interview

You will receive a call/email to complete the competency call simulation, upon passing I was hired 15 minutes into my first interview. Touched briefly on past jobs and strengths.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The job was handed to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Discover (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2009.

Interview

discover, does a personality test, followed by two back to back 1:1, then a computer simulation on call flow, drug test, then yeaaa you got the job....now, sell, sell, sell...and you can make 30/hr

Negotiation

yea, let them know your last job compensated better, got me an extra buck/hr.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

behavioral