Discover

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

West Valley City, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Discover.

Interview Details – The interview process when I was hired consisted of three interviews or levels. The first one was HR, the second was a team leader, and the third was a department manager. You need to pass each level to get hired and the questions get a bit harder each time. Just keep it professional, on topic (relevant), and having experience or talking about sales really helps.

After working here for a while you will see all kinds of people that have worked here. It seems overkill to really go to the level they make you go through for a job. They really should talk to you for a bit, confirm you are not a criminal and a decent person and give you a shot.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation wasn't an option. They just told me what the job was paying and that is it.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Discover in February 2014.

Interview Details – It starts with a phone interview with a recruiter over the phone to go over your resume. After that they will set up an in person interview and then also take you through a walk through.

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult customer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. They offered me a starting salary and I accepted.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and interviewed at Discover.

Interview Details – Got a call to come in and interview when I was done with school. The interview took about 45 mins and was a mix between behavioral and traditional questions, not to difficult. I heard back the same day and they offered me the job.

Interview Question – what is your dream job?   Answer Question

New Castle, DE

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Discover in November 2012.

Interview Details – After the submission of my application, I immediately received a call from a recruiter who was extremely nice. She set a phone interview, then set up a in person interview. She was superb. Discover informed me of what will take place; the in-person interview was quite detailed because I listened to a live call with a acct mgr who was taking a call. I also had to role play with the interviewer. I processed all paperwork online. It was great. I had to take a urine test and drug test in their nursing facility onsite, so I never had to wait in a long line at another facility. The hiring process was very efficient and the environment was business casual and relaxed. The people at Discover Financial Services were very nice in the interview process.

Interview Question – What do I expect to be in five years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The recruiter offered me more money because I had a Bachelor's Degree, which was great. They went over in detail about training, how long training will be, and details about the overall job.

Account Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Discover.

Interview Details – Behavioral questions.

Interview Question – How do you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Discover in February 2011.

Interview Details – You will receive a call/email to complete the competency call simulation, upon passing I was hired 15 minutes into my first interview. Touched briefly on past jobs and strengths.

Interview Question – The interview was cake...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The job was handed to me.

Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Discover in July 2009.

Interview Details – discover, does a personality test, followed by two back to back 1:1, then a computer simulation on call flow, drug test, then yeaaa you got the job....now, sell, sell, sell...and you can make 30/hr

Negotiation Details – yea, let them know your last job compensated better, got me an extra buck/hr.

Interviewed at Discover

Interview Details – behavioral

Account Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Discover in January 2008.

Interview Details – Interested in sales experience, previous phone work. Seemed to be looking more for the way you handled yourself and your communications skills more than any particular experience. Mine was a job fair type environment, they screened everyone, then asked some people back for a more intensive interview. I would dress professionally, but not wear a suit. It is a pretty laid back business environment.

Interview Question – What sales experience do you have?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Minimal, I believe most employees start at the same base salary

Worked for Discover? Contribute to the Community!