Discover Associate Interview Questions

3.2

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Discover.

Interview

Applied for the job and HR called me within several weeks. The following took place: An HR recruiter interviewed me over the phone and after he deemed me "fit for the job" he passed my resume onto the hiring manager. HR called me back and I was brought in for interviews (Riverwoods, IL). They have two buildings connected to one another. HR is in building 2, which is where I parked. I walked in and an Admin from the group walked me in. We had to walk to building 1, which took about 5 minutes. They put me in a room on the lower level where there was water, soda and snacks. I interviewed with 3 people from the team and then the fourth interview was with HR. I was called less than a week later to come back in and meet the Sr. Manager. I met with him once and he offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The pay grades are broad and they overlap. In Riverwoods, the pay grades for an exempt position are roughly: 5 - Associate 6 - Sr. Associate / Project Manager 7 - Project Manager 8 - Manager 9 - Sr. Manager There is a low, mid and high range on the pay grades. If you get hired on the low end, you are usually stuck on the low end each time you get promoted. Negotiate at the time of hire and make sure you are at least at the mid to high end of your pay scale.

Other Interview Reviews for Discover

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL).

Interview

Applied online, and the hiring manager contacted me directly. First round was a 40 mins phone interview focusing on my background and the job descriptions. Second round was a 3-hr onsite interview with 4 people. They asked very detailed SAS questions, I mean you have to answer them with the exact SAS codes and some behavioral questions as well. I think it's not that hard if you are prepared.

Interview Questions

• How does credit card company make money? General behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate it since it is an entry level position.

Associate Interview

Interview

phone interview with hiring manager (sr. manager) and then another phone interview with manager

Interview Questions

• if you are going to open a store, what should you consider in your plan?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Discover (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

One phone interview with the hiring manager and one onsite interview with 5 people, including the project manager, senior manager and director.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

HR Interview - The 1st step was a initial screening by the HR. Very general questions, nothing specific. Simple and nice. I was then scheduled for a phone interview about 2-3 days later Phone Interview - The phone interview was with the Management. General behavioural questions ..nothing technical. Face to face interview - After about a 1 week got a call for a face to face interview. Lot of technical questions specific to the job I had applied. Got a call after 1 week that I was hired ! Tip: Be confident and prepare for the interview. Definitely helps...

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions ..overall was a simple interview process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

Two phone interviews, and a day of final interviews on-site

Interview Questions

Negotiation

little negotiation available at entry level

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in January 2007.

Interview

The on-site interview took me about 6 hours and consists of 6 different interviews. I had two VP interviews from different departments. After VP interviews, there were one case interview and one skillset interview.