Discover Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.9

61 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Discover in October 2014.

Had an in person interview the hiring manager and the managers boss. This lasted about 31 minutes will questions that relate to my past experiences and how I can apply them to Discover. The managers brought computers to take notes. The interview was in the morning and had an offer on the table that afternoon. Seems like a lot of opportunity to grow from within.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to commute this distance to work every day, as this department does not let you work from home?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a descent rate. They have free parking and the campus is enormous.

Director, Customer Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Discover in March 2014.

Applied on-line and was contacted by Discover HR first via email with a list of questions to answer and then scheduled a phone screening interview with the same HR person. Passed on for a phone interview with the incumbent manager about 2 weeks later. Invited to come for on-site interviews which happened about 3 weeks after that.

On-site interview logistics were poorly organized; the date changed once and the starting time on the second date also changed the day of. The person who was supposed to pick me up from the lobby never showed and eventually they found someone else to get me. The first scheduled interviewer was actually out of the country and most other interviewers ran at least 15 minutes late.

Interviews were fairly short for the most part and questions were as expected (work history and experiences, how translate to this role, etc.). HR manager told me to expect feedback within 1-4 business days later. However, despite 2 follow-up emails after that within a 3-week period, never heard anything back. Extremely bad form to invest that much (on both ends) and not even give the courtesy of a response.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make customer insights part of the DNA of Discover?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Discover.

I met the campus recruiters through the school career fair and attended a networking event shortly after. Had two 30-min interviews, mostly behavioral (but they asked a lot of specific questions about Discover) a few weeks later. After a month of so, I went to headquarters in Chicago, IL for final round interviews. That day consisted of a tour, 2 30-min interviews, 1 case study, a panel of current employees (where we got to ask them questions and a tour. Good experience overall

Interview Questions
    • What (angle) degree do the hands of the clock make at 2:30?   View Answer

Senior Associate Programming Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Discover.

Was hired right out of school. Had one in person interview during the day at the campus. Received an offer a week later.

Interview Questions
    I was right out of school and happy to get any job so I accepted the first offer they gave. It came with a sign on bonus of $2000.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Discover in February 2014.

Internal reference. Called twice in that week and in person interview next week. not that hard for phone interview. in person was tricky and a lot of details on SAS and SQL.

Operations Internship Program (OIP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Discover.

I submitted a resume through my school's career services and then had a phone screen with one of the recruiters. I basically walked her through my resume and then had time at the end to ask questions about Discover, the program, and what sorts of projects interns get to work on. After this there was a super day with a pre-interview dinner one night, and then 3 one-on-one interviews, a group discussion led by one of the recruiters, and a group activity that had us come up with some ideas about how to improve Discover's operations and then present our findings to the current employees. The one-on-ones were mostly behavioral, but one of them had a short case portion that was pretty simple (basic math and reasoning). I actually never even heard back about this position (which was surprising considering they paid to fly people out and put us all in a hotel for the super day), but didn't care to try following up because I found something else. I just thought that was bad etiquette on the part of the recruiters.

Interview Questions
    • The group activity was difficult because it was pretty open-ended and we didn't get much feedback from the observer or the employees who judged our presentation.   Answer Question

MIP Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Discover in November 2013.

First round is two 30-45 minute on campus interviews that consists of primarily behavioral questions with a couple brain teasers and one market sizing case question. The second and final round is at the Riverwoods headquarters and has an hour long group case and two more strictly behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The market sizing interview question was the hardest and a bit unexpected for a marketing role.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation for me, it was a pretty standard offer.

Marketing Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Discover.

Attended university career fair, was asked to apply online that evening, invited to an interview at our university a week later when they returned. After that, asked to come for two days to Riverwood, IL

Interview Questions
    • A lillypad doubles in size everyday, on the 24th day it is at half size. How long does it take to get to full size?   View Answers (2)
    None negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Discover.

I actually interviewed for two different jobs at Discover - Card side was extremely detailed and organized. Network side was much more on-the-fly and fewer layers. Network process started with a phone call from the recruiter in which she detailed the position to me, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, then phone interview with the person I would be replacing, and finished with a 2-3 hour in-person interview with 4 people - hiring manager, hiring manager's boss, another colleague, and the HR recruiter.

Interview process wasn't difficult, although the HR recruiter was a bit off-putting - pretty aggressive and asking extremely rudimentary questions. They also forgot to tell me to bring work samples, but after a month of silence, I was offered the position. I almost didn't accept but I'm glad I did - it seems like a really great place to work.

They didn't leave a lot of room for negotiation but did up it a small amount.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Discover in October 2013.

There are two Manager Interviews 30 minutes each. Later, there are two mentor sessions 30 minutes each with two current employees

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, just come prepared technically and socially.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I accepted during a phone call 3 days after the interview.