Discover Department Manager Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Department Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Discover in November 2009.

Received a call from a Discover Recruiter regarding an open position. Had a phone interview with the recruiter. The recruiter asked me about me current experience and qualifications and talked a little about the possible positions' requirements. The Recruiter was extremely friendly and professional and said that I was a good fit for the position. Referred me to the Hiring Director. Met in person with the Hiring Director (along with an HR Representative). That interview portion didn't go well. The Hiring Director was very short with their questions and responses. The questions were extremely vague and then when I responded they said that they meant to ask something different. Repeatedly asked why I had applied for this job (as thought I didn't have the qualifications necessary). I had to tell them that I had been contacted byt THEIR recruiter and was not actively searching out job opportunities. After that interview I had another interview with another Director. That interview was completely different. Talked about personal strengths and career accomplishments and goals. A very upbeat and open interview. I recieved a call back a few days later setting up a 4th interview with a Vice President. This interview was open. They asked what I would implement upon receiving the position. Talked about what they were looking for in this position and reiterated that I was a good fit. Ended the interview with questions about follow up required. The V.P. told me that I would hear from them within 2 weeks. Near the end of the 2 week time period I contacted the recruiter to see if there was any progress. They notified me that they had chosen to pursue another candidate.

Interview Questions