Discover Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.8

Fraud Representative Interview

I originally applied for New Applicants but position was filled by the time I setup interview so I was interviewed for fraud protection. I had my initial interview with hr department then setup up a second interview. I was told about the schedule and pay. It has been a week since the interview and haven't been called back or emailed.

Fraud Prevention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Discover in September 2014.

I originally applied online for the fraud prevention, the start date was well over a month out and I didn't think I would be hired anyway so I thought "what the hell" and applied using a resume and cover letter.

A couple days later I got a call from a recruiter at discover (in their HR department) we did a brief phone interview and she invited me in for an in person interview the next day.

When I arrived she called me back, I set my bag down in the interview room and then she took me on a tour of the key parts of the call center. It was awesome and I was very impressed! Its a huge call center, has a pretty big gym, a cafeteria, cafe's, and several snazzy breakrooms.

We got back to the interview room and she asked me typical interview questions, and then she gave me a bunch of note cards with words written on them. I had to organize the cards in order of what I value most and explain some of my decisions.

The interview went well so I was invited back the next day for a 2nd interview- this time with a senior recruiter who made the hiring decisions.

She asked the same questions, and went over some call center scenarios (like what would you do in this angry customer situation) and after about 45 mins the interview was over.

A half hour Later I got a call from the first recruiter I interviewed with who asked how it went, and she told me she was sending me some emails. I had to send them a copy of a court document from 9 years ago but once I did she called me and offered me the job.

Warning for applicants- be aware that when you go in to fill out the new hire paperwork they will fingerprint you and do a URINE drug test on the spot with the nurse on campus.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, sadly. The job pays literally half of what the competitor pays, and I have a few years of call center experience. The reason I accepted the offer was because I didn't have any experience in fraud and the atmosphere was less Elitest than the competitor.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Albany, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Discover in September 2014.

Apply online, phone interview, on-site interview. Tour and detailed job description, position offered at the end of on-site interview. Once accepted, an Offer Session is scheduled to complete background check and drug screening, badge ect.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating really. Salary is based off experience and hours are determined what's available within your preference.

Senior Associate, Analytics Interview

interviewed at Discover in September 2014.

applied online, got a phone interview from HR who asked for some simple questions, like availability, experience with modeling, if need sponsorship in the future, and got a phone interview the following week from the senior manager. waiting for the on-site

Interview Questions
    • very typical technique question, such as introduce any two models that you are familiar with, what is simple linear regression, what's its assumption, what is R-square, why use adjusted R square, what is ARIMA, what's the purpose of ARIMA, tell me about logistic regression, what's your weakness, what else you need to learn before you take this job, what sas functions are you familiar with   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Discover.

I applied online, and got the call one month later. The call took about half a hour, mainly based on my resume, past experience and some basic statistical questions

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Valley City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Discover.

The interview process when I was hired consisted of three interviews or levels. The first one was HR, the second was a team leader, and the third was a department manager. You need to pass each level to get hired and the questions get a bit harder each time. Just keep it professional, on topic (relevant), and having experience or talking about sales really helps.

After working here for a while you will see all kinds of people that have worked here. It seems overkill to really go to the level they make you go through for a job. They really should talk to you for a bit, confirm you are not a criminal and a decent person and give you a shot.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation wasn't an option. They just told me what the job was paying and that is it.

Intern - Hourly Interview

The hiring process was very straightforward. I got a call. Came down for canidates day. Had two interviews and a mentor review. I had no issues with the free hotel room or my transportation to and from the campus. The security was very friendly and even offered to show me which building I needed to enter.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were thrown into a blender with another person?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

panel interview with 6 senior managers and HR reps. takes about 1 hour to complete and you will be asked situation questions ie. conflict resolution, interpersonal relationships etc.

you are then interviewed by individual senior managers for their specific areas. based on your strengths and best match with department you will be selected or interviewed by more managers.

Interview Questions
    • conflict resolution- must always end on a positive note   Answer Question

Sourcer Interview

I had a phone interview which led to a face to face interview. I met with two directors as well as the individual I had the phone screen with. I never received any feedback from anyone regarding the position or if I was selected or declined until 2 months later. They told me that the requisition was cancelled and they would call me for a recruiter position that was coming up which I was never called for.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult requisition you had to fill.   Answer Question

Discover Interview

I applied online, got an email to set up phone interview. That was done and I did a face to face a week after. The interviewer was very nice and explained the position, schedule and pay.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing out of the ordinary. Just some flash cards and I was told to arrange according to my strenght, area that needs improving and traits that come natural to me. I am still waiting for a feedback. I week today since my face to face interview.   Answer Question

Worked for Discover? Contribute to the Community!