Discover

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Discover in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of general background questions by the HR rep, and explanation of the various shifts available, dress code, benefits, etc.

The second part was conducted by one of the managers, who then painted a rosy picture of how smoothly things ran on the floor, with minimum telephone work, and most efforts put forth to the processing of applications on the work station. As it turned out, 95% of the work consisted of answering inquiry calls from applicants, or reaching out to them for additional information. When handling calls, we were expected to go through a complicated process on our data base to resolve all questions, and give the applicant an answer then and there. This, of course, resulted in a great deal of stress, while trying to find answers on a clunky and complicated system, while the applicant held on the telephone. As is often described of military combat, this was akin to " lengthy periods of intense boredom, interrupted by brief periods of sheer terror". Out of 15 members of my training class, only about 5 remained at the time I left, most of them having quit.

Interview Question – "Give me an example of a difficult situation which you handled successfully".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation available. Pay rate was strictly according to experience, of which I had many years.

Inbound Sales Personal Loans Interview

Inbound Sales Personal Loans
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Discover in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was offered a position and a shift time as we were saying our goodbyes the call disconnected. I immediately called back the same recruiter treated me completely differently and did not appear to remember me until I had been told there was no job offer and an in person interview was in order. Took the first available one, they said they needed to reschedule and it looks like it will be a long wait for the first available appointment please.

Interview Question – Prior to a job offer, you now must have an in person interview. Are we in understanding about this?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotation. Next phone contact (moments later) they rescinded. I think the recruiter was in training and overstepped.

Senior Underwriter Interview

Senior Underwriter
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Discover in March 2013.

Interview Details – Arrive at the building where i was selected for a interview, signed in, waited for at least 25 min to be seen, got called back to be interview, answer easy question like what do you know about discover?, arrange flashcard than explain why i choose the order, getting to know me question, than was show around discover building, ask to be seated to have a second interview with the hiring manager, asked me about the same question and getting to know me and my experience and role play the job, ask me to be seated, and got called back and got the job offer the same day! took about 1hour -2hr depending on their schedule.

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and interviewed at Discover.

Interview Details – Got a call to come in and interview when I was done with school. The interview took about 45 mins and was a mix between behavioral and traditional questions, not to difficult. I heard back the same day and they offered me the job.

Interview Question – what is your dream job?   Answer Question

Customer Account Specialist Interview

Customer Account Specialist
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Discover in April 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a bit tedious. When I was first contacted via email for a phone interview the woman asked me when I was available. I let them know the times and days that I would be available and the woman called me outside of the times I had given so when she called I was not prepared, she said she would call back but never did. I called her, emailed her, nothing.. a few weeks later I got a phone call from a different woman and we scheduled a phone interview for the previous day which went well. We then scheduled a face to face interview with someone else that same day, I came in for a second face to face interview with another person the following day and was offered the position which I accepted. However because of when I was offered a position I was not able to begin the next training class because they wanted extra information pertaining to my background check, information that has never before been relevant in any other background check I have been subject to. So All in all between when I originally applied and when I started as about 2 months.

Interview Question – The interview questions were all pretty standard. The second interview that I had was different there was one point where I was given a stack of cards with different qualities on them (organization, problem solving, communication etc) and I had to put them into rows by what i viewed most important to least important. They are all good qualities tho so its kind of a trick question. They will ask you why you put them where you did and why you were wrong. Just dont over think it as its impossible to put them in any "correct" order.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The position started off at 11, and they offered me 12 plus a 10% shift differential for the hours I was working. I think they are pretty firm on the starting wage and the only way they will offer you more is based on your experience.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Senior Account Manager

Interviewed at Discover

Interview Details – Well if you're a minority it doesn't really matter what you dress like but if you're a part of the majority please make sure you dress well. Discover really likes to show how diverse they are by hiring any minority person. I have seen very educated/ qualified people for the job get turned down and really ghetto people get hired. I will never understand their hiring schemes.

Interview Question – What would you do if a card member lost their card and needed a card sent to them in another state?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – What a joke! I was a rehire that was previously a top performer with them. Unfortunately that experience was ranked the same as working at Walmart because at Discover all that matters is how long you've been in the workforce not where.

Forklift Operator Interview

Forklift Operator
Memphis, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Discover.

Interview Details – Interview was only one day and I was hired within a week. The interview went very well. The questions that were asked were pertaining to what the job entailed and the things that I would be doing as a forklift operator.

Interview Question – There really wasn't a difficult or unexpected question. The interview was very basic, but done in a professional manner.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The job was going to close to relocate to Arizona and I had to reapply in order to get rehired. There was no guarantee because there were other employees in Arizona who had more seniority than me therefore, I didn't want to take that chance.

Windows Systems Administrator Interview

Windows Systems Administrator
Riverwoods, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Discover in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was setup by the HR dept. I met with 3 members of the IT team (Manager, Linux admin, and windows admin). They didn't seem to be on the same page with what they were looking for. They explained that there is a lot of crossover and that you would get the necessary training for the other technologies that you weren't as familiar with, yet they focused as much on my Linux, networking and cisco skills as they did on the windows skills. Left there a bit confused as to what they really wanted. I was told by HR rep who showed me around the campus that would hear from them with an answer, no matter if it was yes or no. I am still waiting for that call...

Interview Question – cant think of any that was unexpected. From that standpoint, they were pretty straightforward questions. No silly riddles or brain bench type questions   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Officer Mortgage Loan Originator Interview

Mortgage Loan Officer Mortgage Loan Originator
Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Discover in February 2013.

Interview Details – Went through a terrible hiring experience.

Project Manager Campaign Management Technical Interview

Project Manager Campaign Management Technical

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Discover.

Interview Details – I got an interview call after I was referred by an employee. First round interview went just okay. Asked a lot of questions about managing teams and analytical skills. However, they never called back to tell me I wasn't going to move forward in the process. An update would have been nice.

Interview Question – Case discussion   Answer Question

Worked for Discover? Contribute to the Community!