Discover

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Discover.

I just have had a phone interview. I was contacted the night after I applied and asked to complete an assessment and schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went well with a very nice employee. She asked me basic questions and went over the salary,benefits and works hours

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving the company you're with? Why do you want to work at Discover? What are some of your strengths?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Discover.

Easy interview with several managers. Good people to talk to who knew the answers to all of my questions. Personalities were great. Hired on the spot. Great company to be apart of.

Java Developer Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Discover.

Contacted by a recruiter of recruiting firm and forwarded my resume.Recruiter scheduled an online exam which you can complete from home.The online exam was about core JAVA and J2EE.The online exam was very easy.I did well.However the recruiter never shared results.
    Anyway after the online exam I was scheduled for an in person onsite interview that consisted of 2 rounds of interview with 2 people in the panel.1 technical round and 1 managerial round.Very easy interview.Talked about previous project and 1 simple design question.No specific java questions as such.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were asked on SQL injection and web application security in general   Answer Question
    Tried negotiating but the offer was not increased

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Discover in January 2015.

After applying online, I received an email a few days later from human resources stating that Discover was interested in me. The email also explained that I would be contacted for a phone interview, which took place a couple days later. The call lasted about 20 minutes or so and was quite casual. The woman asked me a handful of questions, some of which simply confirmed my education and work history. Some involved my interest in the position, my understanding of Discover and its services, etc. Finally, I was invited for an in-person interview with a hiring manager. After a second in-person interview with another hiring manager. Finally, I received a call during which a position was offered.

Interview Questions
    • What are the difficulties you anticipate encountering with this position, and how would you handle them?   Answer Question

MBA Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Discover.

After submitting my resume I was asked to do a phone screen interview. Second round of interviews were made at the Discover campus in Riverwoods, IL. Campus interview was of five different persons which presented very appropriate questions.

Interview Questions
    The internship offer is a take it or leave it. No negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Discover.

Applied through career fair. They contacted me after a week. Two round of back to back interview. First technical -- asked about past experience and questions on big data.
    Second HR -- routine behavioral questions.

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Discover in December 2014.

I applied for a position in the personal loans department. I was contacted a few days later by a recruiter and had an impromptu interview lasting about 20 minutes. The position I applied for was filled and he talked to me about 3 other positions he thought I was a good fit for. He explained that collections reps receive incentive and has the best pay. We set up an interview a few days later and I was asked to complete an online assessment. My interview was strange, the recruiter basically took me on a tour to convince me that collections wasn't awful. The reps looked happy and to enjoy their day. He then had me complete an activity where I listed words based on my strength to weaknesses. I was then interviewed by the collections hiring manager. That was a very normal interview.
    Looking back, they were selling me the position. When I asked what my days starting out would look like I don't feel the answer was clear to what I would be actually doing.

Interview Questions
    I was told starting pay was $12-$13. I asked for $13 and they said based on experience and education the best they could do was $12.75. I have 4 years banking experience and a Bachelors degree. I also wanted full time but was given flex time which ends up being about 32 hours a week. No negotiation on hours.

Consumer Banking Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Discover.

I had 2 interviews on my university campus. One was behavioral, the other was a case. Both were very laid back. About a month later I was called in for an interview on their campus in Riverwoods. There were 3 behavioral interviews, a group interview, and a group case.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was particularly difficult. They did not ask any high level finance questions. There is very little you can do to prepare for this interview.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

First round of interviews--two back to back 30 minutes interviews. One is a case situation about how to recalculate bad debt with an increase of people with bad credit and second interview, a couple questions about discover's position in the market and behavioral interview.

Senior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Discover.

Phone call and one on one. Recruiter reached out on Linked in - had couple of phone interviews, then three interviewed with the direct manager and senior managers. Offer was made within ten days, and joining date was given after a month