Discover Interview Questions

2.8

Fraud Prevention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Discover in September 2014.

I originally applied online for the fraud prevention, the start date was well over a month out and I didn't think I would be hired anyway so I thought "what the hell" and applied using a resume and cover letter.

A couple days later I got a call from a recruiter at discover (in their HR department) we did a brief phone interview and she invited me in for an in person interview the next day.

When I arrived she called me back, I set my bag down in the interview room and then she took me on a tour of the key parts of the call center. It was awesome and I was very impressed! Its a huge call center, has a pretty big gym, a cafeteria, cafe's, and several snazzy breakrooms.

We got back to the interview room and she asked me typical interview questions, and then she gave me a bunch of note cards with words written on them. I had to organize the cards in order of what I value most and explain some of my decisions.

The interview went well so I was invited back the next day for a 2nd interview- this time with a senior recruiter who made the hiring decisions.

She asked the same questions, and went over some call center scenarios (like what would you do in this angry customer situation) and after about 45 mins the interview was over.

A half hour Later I got a call from the first recruiter I interviewed with who asked how it went, and she told me she was sending me some emails. I had to send them a copy of a court document from 9 years ago but once I did she called me and offered me the job.

Warning for applicants- be aware that when you go in to fill out the new hire paperwork they will fingerprint you and do a URINE drug test on the spot with the nurse on campus.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, sadly. The job pays literally half of what the competitor pays, and I have a few years of call center experience. The reason I accepted the offer was because I didn't have any experience in fraud and the atmosphere was less Elitest than the competitor.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Albany, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Discover in September 2014.

Apply online, phone interview, on-site interview. Tour and detailed job description, position offered at the end of on-site interview. Once accepted, an Offer Session is scheduled to complete background check and drug screening, badge ect.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating really. Salary is based off experience and hours are determined what's available within your preference.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Discover in May 2013.

I had 4 interviews overall conducted by three managers and one HR. HR was mostly just to check my communication skills. The three other interviews involved some technical questions about analytics. The questions were not very advanced and they basically were related to the work that is performed by respective teams and to check where would I be a fit.

There was no negotiation as the salary for all the interns was fixed.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Discover.

I applied online, and got the call one month later. The call took about half a hour, mainly based on my resume, past experience and some basic statistical questions

Customer Service and Engagement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Albany, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Discover in June 2014.

Phone Interview on Friday, face-to-face interview on Tuesday, offered job and accepted at end of interview. Process was easy. Asked about my history, reason for wanting to leave current job and for choosing Discover. I was taken on a tour of the building and told about incentives and benefits. It amazed me that benefits start from day 1. After a few "games" I was left alone while the offer was printed. I was then given options and an offer that I accepted. Had to come back for drug test, background check and ID photo.

Interview Questions
    • Was given six magazine covers and told me to choose one and explain why?   Answer Question
    Given several options and chose the one I wanted

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Discover in January 2011.

They have very professional interview process. If you pass first round of phone interview, you will be invited for an on-site interview. First round with HR, they will try to understand your current salary and your expected salary and then they will introduce benefits that the company can offer.
    After that you will meet with hiring manager and team members for technical interviews.

Account Manager Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Discover in July 2014.

I had an amazing experience with my hiring process. I applied online, and received a call the next day from a HR recruiter who conducted a phone interview that same day, which lasted about 30 minutes. She then scheduled me for an in person interview the day after. I went in and met with the same person I had the phone interview with. It was super relaxed, and she was really nice. She didn't ask many questions, she wanted to know more about my prior jobs. She had be put 12 cards in 3 rows, and had me explain why I ordered them the way I did. After that she told me she wanted to bring me in for a second interview the next day with the senior hiring manager. She gave me great advice about what he was looking for, as well as feedback about my interview.
    The next day I went in for my second interview and it was AMAZING. It was so relaxed, and the hiring manager didn't ask me any expected questions. In fact, he put away his papers and we had an hour long conversation. He was really engaging and he made it really easy not to be nervous. We even joked around about video games, and about me being new to Arizona. It was really the best interview I ever had.
    I got a call the next day with a job offer, and after I accepted, they set me up with a day to come in to do paperwork and get my start day and orientation day.
    Overall I had an amazing time with my hiring process, and I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Interview Questions
    • None, I wasn't really asked many questions, it was more conversation about what I had to offer.   View Answer
    I was offered 12 at first, but after the interviews they offered me 13.75 because of my prior work history.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Valley City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Discover.

The interview process when I was hired consisted of three interviews or levels. The first one was HR, the second was a team leader, and the third was a department manager. You need to pass each level to get hired and the questions get a bit harder each time. Just keep it professional, on topic (relevant), and having experience or talking about sales really helps.

After working here for a while you will see all kinds of people that have worked here. It seems overkill to really go to the level they make you go through for a job. They really should talk to you for a bit, confirm you are not a criminal and a decent person and give you a shot.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation wasn't an option. They just told me what the job was paying and that is it.

Credit Analyst Interview

interviewed at Discover in January 2013.

Was a normal processes. There was no big surprises. The did ask the crazy question "What type of crazy are you". The interviewer was cool but they low balled the salary. I had to decline the job but good for entry level position. The schedule was weekend friendly, which was a very good thing.

Intern - Hourly Interview

The hiring process was very straightforward. I got a call. Came down for canidates day. Had two interviews and a mentor review. I had no issues with the free hotel room or my transportation to and from the campus. The security was very friendly and even offered to show me which building I needed to enter.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were thrown into a blender with another person?   Answer Question

Worked for Discover? Contribute to the Community!