Discover

Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.8

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Discover in September 2014.

I applied for this position some time in September and was called for a short phone interview/conversation approx. a week later. I was then offered the opportunity to come in for a face to face interview. The location is very secure and very big. I went in through the HR department and was first taken on a tour. This place has all of the bells and whistles. A café, gym, several break rooms. I was then interviewed by HR, and then a team lead for the team I would be working on if offered the opportunity. The interview was at about 10:00am, by about 3:00pm I received a call offering me the position, this all took place on a Friday. I then went back to the Discover location the following Monday for fingerprinting, and a drug test which is taken at their site, with their nurse. At this point your background check is still pending. Mine took a little less than a week to come back. I wasn't crazy about the pay, but from everything I've read, and was told about Discover, they are very big on promoting from within.

Interview Questions
    • At one point you are given flashcards and have to arrange them in order of what's most like you and what's least like you.   Answer Question
    From my understanding there is only one pay rate for this position when you're starting fresh with the company.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Discover in September 2014.

Apply online, phone interview, on-site interview. Tour and detailed job description, position offered at the end of on-site interview. Once accepted, an Offer Session is scheduled to complete background check and drug screening, badge ect.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating really. Salary is based off experience and hours are determined what's available within your preference.

Senior Associate, Analytics Interview

interviewed at Discover in September 2014.

applied online, got a phone interview from HR who asked for some simple questions, like availability, experience with modeling, if need sponsorship in the future, and got a phone interview the following week from the senior manager. waiting for the on-site

Interview Questions
    • very typical technique question, such as introduce any two models that you are familiar with, what is simple linear regression, what's its assumption, what is R-square, why use adjusted R square, what is ARIMA, what's the purpose of ARIMA, tell me about logistic regression, what's your weakness, what else you need to learn before you take this job, what sas functions are you familiar with   Answer Question

Cardmember Assistance Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Discover in September 2014.

Very lengthy process. Simple online app and assessment. No communication between recruiters - I got multiple calls and emails from different people about the job and different contradicting instructions from the emails and the assessments. Phone interview - about 30 minutes, mostly confirming things from the application. First interview - took about an hour, with HR. Best part of the experience - got a tour and began to feel very excited about the possibility of working there. Was scheduled for a second interview, which I had to leave my current job early to make. She assured me she would call me to check in and see how it went. Received an email canceling my interview about 45 minutes before it was supposed to begin. Unfortunately, I had already left work once that week for this interview and could not do so again, and they seemed unhappy that I could not reschedule until the following week. Second interview - about an hour, with the department manager. Everything went great. I didn't get a call from the HR recruiter that evening as she'd promised, or the next morning. Instead got a do not reply email from the recruiter later that day saying they'd chosen another candidate. The position continued to be posted on the website for quite some time after that. Very disappointed that I didn't even get a phone call after having spent several hours interviewing for this entry level position, not to mention them having cancelled on me at the last minute with no explanation or apology. Very poor form.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Discover.

I applied online, and got the call one month later. The call took about half a hour, mainly based on my resume, past experience and some basic statistical questions

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Discover.

The interview process when I was hired consisted of three interviews or levels. The first one was HR, the second was a team leader, and the third was a department manager. You need to pass each level to get hired and the questions get a bit harder each time. Just keep it professional, on topic (relevant), and having experience or talking about sales really helps.

After working here for a while you will see all kinds of people that have worked here. It seems overkill to really go to the level they make you go through for a job. They really should talk to you for a bit, confirm you are not a criminal and a decent person and give you a shot.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation wasn't an option. They just told me what the job was paying and that is it.

Intern - Hourly Interview

The hiring process was very straightforward. I got a call. Came down for canidates day. Had two interviews and a mentor review. I had no issues with the free hotel room or my transportation to and from the campus. The security was very friendly and even offered to show me which building I needed to enter.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were thrown into a blender with another person?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

panel interview with 6 senior managers and HR reps. takes about 1 hour to complete and you will be asked situation questions ie. conflict resolution, interpersonal relationships etc.

you are then interviewed by individual senior managers for their specific areas. based on your strengths and best match with department you will be selected or interviewed by more managers.

Interview Questions
    • conflict resolution- must always end on a positive note   Answer Question

Discover Interview

I applied online, got an email to set up phone interview. That was done and I did a face to face a week after. The interviewer was very nice and explained the position, schedule and pay.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing out of the ordinary. Just some flash cards and I was told to arrange according to my strenght, area that needs improving and traits that come natural to me. I am still waiting for a feedback. I week today since my face to face interview.   Answer Question

Sourcer Interview

I had a phone interview which led to a face to face interview. I met with two directors as well as the individual I had the phone screen with. I never received any feedback from anyone regarding the position or if I was selected or declined until 2 months later. They told me that the requisition was cancelled and they would call me for a recruiter position that was coming up which I was never called for.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult requisition you had to fill.   Answer Question