Discover

173 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Discover.

Interview Details – Took long but once the process started went fairly well.

Interview Question – There were no difificult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Discover in April 2014.

Interview Details – Sent in an application online and received a call about the position the next day. The HR representative set up a time for an over the phone interview (20 min) and asked me if i would like to come in for formal interview (one hour). The next day I met the HR rep for the formal interview and was asked to come back to have another interview with Senior HR rep. The next day I had my interview with the Senior HR rep (one hour) and was called back the next day and informed that I had a job offer.

Interview Question – Nothing to unexpected. Just know a lot of what your strengths and weaknesses are and let them know. Everyone struggles with something and the more they know the better they can help you.
I was asked to line up cards in the order of what best fit my way of working. In the end you need all the skills listed on the cards so again just be aware of your strengths and weaknesses
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick

Shiv Agent Interview

Shiv Agent

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Discover in August 2013.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview first followed by two face-to-face interviews.

Interview Question – none that i can think of, they hiring manager was very down to earth.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Advanced Verification Analyst Interview

Advanced Verification Analyst
West Valley City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Discover in June 2012.

Interview Details – It is much easier to get into Discover with an employee referral. I initially applied online and waited months for a response, but once my friend referral application I was called within 3 days.

Discover does a credit and background check. They called all my previous employers that I listed on my resume. They also did a drug test.

My interview gauged my personality just as much as job experience. They had a list of personality traits and asked me to order them from words that most described me to words that least described me. They then asked me questions about my previous work experience and how my skills could contribute to the company.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were very basic. They didn't really ask anything that threw me off guard.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at Discover.

Interview Details – Phone interview.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to deal with conflicting priorites. What were they and what was the outcome.   View Answer

Senior Personal Loans Underwriter Interview

Senior Personal Loans Underwriter

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Discover in July 2010.

Interview Details – I have only done internal interviews for past 10 years. Usually three people are conducting the interview. Each question has about 3 things they are looking for. Situation/Problem?How was it handled? Final Outcome? I have had 19 interviews internally with this company. I know what to expect in general so I prepare. Sometimes there will be a phone, one-on-one, panel, or even multiple interviews. Preparation is key. The scheduled time for the interview will vary depending on the position in which you are interviewing. I've had interviews last for twenty minutes up to an hour. Expect a follow-up interview. The interview process is not over just because you left the room. All eyes will be on you up until the decision has been made. Important to know what you are applying for and be prepared for answering questions specific to the functions of the job.

Interview Question – Give us an example of situation where you disagreed with your boss. What was the situation? Why did you disagree? What steps did you take to try to resolve the situation? What would you have done differently? What do you think your boss could have done differently?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my hours.

Customer Risk Management Internship Interview

Customer Risk Management Internship
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Discover in March 2014.

Interview Details – There were two round of interviews : One behavioral and one technical interview. Both held in person interview

Interview Question – Which course did you find the most difficult in your course curriculum?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Discover.

Interview Details – Internal job posting, met with people before applying, applied, interviewed - one on phone, two more face to face. Decision after a week

Interview Question – You have no experience in the field, neither do you have much product management experience. Why should you be considered?   View Answer

Director, Customer Insights Interview

Director, Customer Insights
Riverwoods, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Discover in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on-line and was contacted by Discover HR first via email with a list of questions to answer and then scheduled a phone screening interview with the same HR person. Passed on for a phone interview with the incumbent manager about 2 weeks later. Invited to come for on-site interviews which happened about 3 weeks after that.

On-site interview logistics were poorly organized; the date changed once and the starting time on the second date also changed the day of. The person who was supposed to pick me up from the lobby never showed and eventually they found someone else to get me. The first scheduled interviewer was actually out of the country and most other interviewers ran at least 15 minutes late.

Interviews were fairly short for the most part and questions were as expected (work history and experiences, how translate to this role, etc.). HR manager told me to expect feedback within 1-4 business days later. However, despite 2 follow-up emails after that within a 3-week period, never heard anything back. Extremely bad form to invest that much (on both ends) and not even give the courtesy of a response.

Interview Question – How would you make customer insights part of the DNA of Discover?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
New Castle, DE

Interviewed at Discover

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview (1 hour)
2. In person interview -- involved a series of questions followed by role play

Interview Question – "Name one time that someone came to you for help and you went above and beyond their expectations and they still weren't satisfied."   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not enough money