Discover Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.8

Senior Account Manager Interview

Well if you're a minority it doesn't really matter what you dress like but if you're a part of the majority please make sure you dress well. Discover really likes to show how diverse they are by hiring any minority person. I have seen very educated/ qualified people for the job get turned down and really ghetto people get hired. I will never understand their hiring schemes.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a card member lost their card and needed a card sent to them in another state?   Answer Question
    What a joke! I was a rehire that was previously a top performer with them. Unfortunately that experience was ranked the same as working at Walmart because at Discover all that matters is how long you've been in the workforce not where.

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Discover.

Interview was only one day and I was hired within a week. The interview went very well. The questions that were asked were pertaining to what the job entailed and the things that I would be doing as a forklift operator.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a difficult or unexpected question. The interview was very basic, but done in a professional manner.   Answer Question

The job was going to close to relocate to Arizona and I had to reapply in order to get rehired. There was no guarantee because there were other employees in Arizona who had more seniority than me therefore, I didn't want to take that chance.

Windows Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Riverwoods, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Discover in May 2013.

Interview was setup by the HR dept. I met with 3 members of the IT team (Manager, Linux admin, and windows admin). They didn't seem to be on the same page with what they were looking for. They explained that there is a lot of crossover and that you would get the necessary training for the other technologies that you weren't as familiar with, yet they focused as much on my Linux, networking and cisco skills as they did on the windows skills. Left there a bit confused as to what they really wanted. I was told by HR rep who showed me around the campus that would hear from them with an answer, no matter if it was yes or no. I am still waiting for that call...

Interview Questions
    • cant think of any that was unexpected. From that standpoint, they were pretty straightforward questions. No silly riddles or brain bench type questions   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Officer Mortgage Loan Originator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Discover in February 2013.

Went through a terrible hiring experience.

Project Manager Campaign Management Technical Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Discover.

I got an interview call after I was referred by an employee. First round interview went just okay. Asked a lot of questions about managing teams and analytical skills. However, they never called back to tell me I wasn't going to move forward in the process. An update would have been nice.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Discover.

Took long but once the process started went fairly well.

Quick

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Discover in April 2014.

Sent in an application online and received a call about the position the next day. The HR representative set up a time for an over the phone interview (20 min) and asked me if i would like to come in for formal interview (one hour). The next day I met the HR rep for the formal interview and was asked to come back to have another interview with Senior HR rep. The next day I had my interview with the Senior HR rep (one hour) and was called back the next day and informed that I had a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to unexpected. Just know a lot of what your strengths and weaknesses are and let them know. Everyone struggles with something and the more they know the better they can help you.
      I was asked to line up cards in the order of what best fit my way of working. In the end you need all the skills listed on the cards so again just be aware of your strengths and weaknesses
        Answer Question
    Quick

Shiv Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Discover in August 2013.

It was a phone interview first followed by two face-to-face interviews.

Interview Questions
    • none that i can think of, they hiring manager was very down to earth.   Answer Question
    n/a

Advanced Verification Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Valley City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Discover in June 2012.

It is much easier to get into Discover with an employee referral. I initially applied online and waited months for a response, but once my friend referral application I was called within 3 days.

Discover does a credit and background check. They called all my previous employers that I listed on my resume. They also did a drug test.

My interview gauged my personality just as much as job experience. They had a list of personality traits and asked me to order them from words that most described me to words that least described me. They then asked me questions about my previous work experience and how my skills could contribute to the company.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were very basic. They didn't really ask anything that threw me off guard.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Discover.

Phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with conflicting priorites. What were they and what was the outcome.   View Answer