Discover

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.7

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Discover.

I applied online, and got the call one month later. The call took about half a hour, mainly based on my resume, past experience and some basic statistical questions

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Discover.

The interview process when I was hired consisted of three interviews or levels. The first one was HR, the second was a team leader, and the third was a department manager. You need to pass each level to get hired and the questions get a bit harder each time. Just keep it professional, on topic (relevant), and having experience or talking about sales really helps.

After working here for a while you will see all kinds of people that have worked here. It seems overkill to really go to the level they make you go through for a job. They really should talk to you for a bit, confirm you are not a criminal and a decent person and give you a shot.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation wasn't an option. They just told me what the job was paying and that is it.

Intern - Hourly Interview

The hiring process was very straightforward. I got a call. Came down for canidates day. Had two interviews and a mentor review. I had no issues with the free hotel room or my transportation to and from the campus. The security was very friendly and even offered to show me which building I needed to enter.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were thrown into a blender with another person?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

panel interview with 6 senior managers and HR reps. takes about 1 hour to complete and you will be asked situation questions ie. conflict resolution, interpersonal relationships etc.

you are then interviewed by individual senior managers for their specific areas. based on your strengths and best match with department you will be selected or interviewed by more managers.

Interview Questions
    • conflict resolution- must always end on a positive note   Answer Question

Discover Interview

I applied online, got an email to set up phone interview. That was done and I did a face to face a week after. The interviewer was very nice and explained the position, schedule and pay.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing out of the ordinary. Just some flash cards and I was told to arrange according to my strenght, area that needs improving and traits that come natural to me. I am still waiting for a feedback. I week today since my face to face interview.   Answer Question

Sourcer Interview

I had a phone interview which led to a face to face interview. I met with two directors as well as the individual I had the phone screen with. I never received any feedback from anyone regarding the position or if I was selected or declined until 2 months later. They told me that the requisition was cancelled and they would call me for a recruiter position that was coming up which I was never called for.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult requisition you had to fill.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Discover in August 2014.

Steps:
    1) Recommended by a Recruiter
    2) Technical Phone Interview
    3) In person technical panel interview
     ... followed up with recruiter but no feedback from interviewer (I assume the job is still open)

Interviewers seemed overworked and a little disorganized. Interviewers were not very experienced and dressed casually (unshaven) and a little rushed. I expected a more disciplined approach.

Interview Questions
    • Multiple and basic code "writing" questions on a whiteboard but nothing about work style, problem solving approach or best fit personalities for the job. Better approach would be to "read" code, discuss how I would perform a task or how I would work with certain personality types. They don't seem to have any urgency to fill the position. Frustrating ...   Answer Question

Account Manager Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Discover in July 2014.

I had an amazing experience with my hiring process. I applied online, and received a call the next day from a HR recruiter who conducted a phone interview that same day, which lasted about 30 minutes. She then scheduled me for an in person interview the day after. I went in and met with the same person I had the phone interview with. It was super relaxed, and she was really nice. She didn't ask many questions, she wanted to know more about my prior jobs. She had be put 12 cards in 3 rows, and had me explain why I ordered them the way I did. After that she told me she wanted to bring me in for a second interview the next day with the senior hiring manager. She gave me great advice about what he was looking for, as well as feedback about my interview.
    The next day I went in for my second interview and it was AMAZING. It was so relaxed, and the hiring manager didn't ask me any expected questions. In fact, he put away his papers and we had an hour long conversation. He was really engaging and he made it really easy not to be nervous. We even joked around about video games, and about me being new to Arizona. It was really the best interview I ever had.
    I got a call the next day with a job offer, and after I accepted, they set me up with a day to come in to do paperwork and get my start day and orientation day.
    Overall I had an amazing time with my hiring process, and I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Interview Questions
    • None, I wasn't really asked many questions, it was more conversation about what I had to offer.   View Answer
    I was offered 12 at first, but after the interviews they offered me 13.75 because of my prior work history.

Customer Service Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE
    Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Discover in July 2014.

Senior Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Discover in July 2014.

Was called within 10 minutes of submitting my resume, was hired within 24 hours of that as well. Seemed professional, was told their hiring percentage was quite low. Found out I was training with recent high school graduates that were making more based on their experience of serving, etc. While a business degree from a high ranking school and a diamond internship were looked down upon.

No negotiation