Discover Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.8

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Discover in February 2014.

Internal reference. Called twice in that week and in person interview next week. not that hard for phone interview. in person was tricky and a lot of details on SAS and SQL.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

It starts with a phone interview with a recruiter over the phone to go over your resume. After that they will set up an in person interview and then also take you through a walk through.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult customer.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. They offered me a starting salary and I accepted.

Project Manager Interview

What's the biggest achievement in previous job

Summer Intern Interview

I was brought in for two half hour interviews, one which was more generally about me and the other which was about my credentials. The interviews were very comfortable but the one about my credentials was weird. There were some questions to see how I processed results but i felt they were not a great measure of that.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Discover in January 2014.

Get a badge, sign in. Recruiter gets you. Tells about position and pay. Gives folder with business card. Six words placed in front of you rank in order of preference.

Interview Questions
    • My favorite TV Show (??) We spent a good five minutes on that. (Note: No ice was broken, I was still nervous!)   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwood, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwood, KY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Discover.

It was a normal interview process like most employers I'd say. People were easy to speak to, concentrated mostly on questions about past experience and about past projects on your resume

It was pretty standard, they didnt lowball me, given my education and past experience, but did offer lower end of the range at first. However, they were able to increase the offer to match my counter.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Discover.

A mix of business case and experience based questions

compensation not upto expectation

Operations Internship Program (OIP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Discover.

I submitted a resume through my school's career services and then had a phone screen with one of the recruiters. I basically walked her through my resume and then had time at the end to ask questions about Discover, the program, and what sorts of projects interns get to work on. After this there was a super day with a pre-interview dinner one night, and then 3 one-on-one interviews, a group discussion led by one of the recruiters, and a group activity that had us come up with some ideas about how to improve Discover's operations and then present our findings to the current employees. The one-on-ones were mostly behavioral, but one of them had a short case portion that was pretty simple (basic math and reasoning). I actually never even heard back about this position (which was surprising considering they paid to fly people out and put us all in a hotel for the super day), but didn't care to try following up because I found something else. I just thought that was bad etiquette on the part of the recruiters.

Interview Questions
    • The group activity was difficult because it was pretty open-ended and we didn't get much feedback from the observer or the employees who judged our presentation.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Discover.

Applied online via a school website. Was called in for an interview. It was 30 mins with one guy and 30 mins with the other. Nothing too unexpected but asked a lot about what I knew specifically about Discover and their services and how they were different from their competitors.

Internal Audit Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Discover.

The interview process started at my university's career fair. After which, I applied, and after reviewing my application they scheduled a phone interview first. It was about 45minutes long and they called me. After which, I was invited for a in house interview at their Riverwoods campus. Everything was standard for an audit internship. Meeting with managers during the in house was not challenging. The questions they ask are about what the firm is and their product line, why you want to work there, previous team experience, and how you dealt with a team member who would not cooperate. As long as you show them you are interested in the company and eager to learn, they will move you along the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. Google standard audit interview questions and you will be fine.   Answer Question