Discover Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (Columbus, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

Did online application . I then went to open interview. We then went to a group introduction to company benefits, company history and locations.You are then given a one on one interview.This interview lasts about 20 minutes.you are then told someone will be contact.

Consumer Banking Interview

Application

I interviewed at Discover in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through university, interviewed on campus, contacted a few weeks later for interview at HQ, dinner the night before, they put us up in a hotel, three personal interviews (behavioral, leadership, problem solving), group interview, group case presentation, very nice people and welcoming environment, no follow up email to say if you didn't get the position

Consumer BankingProgram (CBIP) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university's job site. I had an on-campus interview at my university that consisted of a short behavioral interview and a short case analysis. I was invited to final round interviews that took place two weeks later. The final round consisted of three 30 minute behavioral interviews, one small group interview, a group case analysis, and a group presentation.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions. "Tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Law & Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL).

Interview

I participated in a phone interview for the position, which took approximately 40 minutes to complete. It was a very normal interview overall, focusing on my skills, past experience, and career interests. I received a phone call within 3 business days offering me the position.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

First round interview on-campus. It was two 1:1 interviews. The first one was very conversational and us talking about all the things on my resume. The second one was all behavioral/situational questions. For the second (final) round interview, they flew me out to their headquarters, which is in Deerfield, IL. It was a whole day of interviews and a marketing group case activity.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something impressive about yourself that is not on your resume.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

Common routing: submitted my resume and referral online, and then HR then phone screen. The phone interview was about 45 mins from a senior manager. No hard technical questions. Some questions about the company like "What are the sources of revenue of Discover?" and "What are the sources of cost of Discover?"

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

Applied through my university's career services office and the company website. They got back to me quick to set up an interview. The first round included a 30 minute case and 30 minute behavioral interview. They responded quickly once again and offered me a final round interview which will follow a dinner event the night before. This interview will take place in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the timing that Discover chose to enter the home loan market?   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discover in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to schedule a phone interview. We discussed the job duties in detail and any questions that I had for the recruiter. I decided that I was not interested in the position as described, although the recruiter gave me the option to accept or reject the offer to fly out for the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions or other typical behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Had an in person interview the hiring manager and the managers boss. This lasted about 31 minutes will questions that relate to my past experiences and how I can apply them to Discover. The managers brought computers to take notes. The interview was in the morning and had an offer on the table that afternoon. Seems like a lot of opportunity to grow from within.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to commute this distance to work every day, as this department does not let you work from home?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a descent rate. They have free parking and the campus is enormous.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a happy hour event, a couple in-person interviews (on the same day), and then a full day event of interviews at headquarters with group panels and more personal interviews. You needed a little bit of knowledge in finance, but nothing major. They had a couple questions throughout the process about hypothetical situations in the company - but those were usually more related to management as opposed to finance.

Interview Questions

• What's your idea for getting more people to use our banking service?   Answer Question