Discover

163 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Internal Audit Internship Interview

Internal Audit Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Discover.

Interview Details – The interview process started at my university's career fair. After which, I applied, and after reviewing my application they scheduled a phone interview first. It was about 45minutes long and they called me. After which, I was invited for a in house interview at their Riverwoods campus. Everything was standard for an audit internship. Meeting with managers during the in house was not challenging. The questions they ask are about what the firm is and their product line, why you want to work there, previous team experience, and how you dealt with a team member who would not cooperate. As long as you show them you are interested in the company and eager to learn, they will move you along the interview process.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. Google standard audit interview questions and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Riverwoods, IL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Discover in August 2013.

Interview Details – I initially applied for the analyst position towards the end of July 2013 and received my first call from HR a few weeks later to schedule the initial phone screening (an additional week later). The phone screening lasted just over the expected 45 minutes to go over my resume and any quesitons I had about the company and/or position. The screening went smooth, and about a week later, I was contacted again being asked to come in for a 4 part in-person interview totaling 2.5 hours (45 minutes each part) at their Campus in Riverwoods, IL. I came in on the designated date with suit & tie and no issues finding parking. The 1st person to both greet and interview me was a Manager, who was very cordial and accomodating. The second interviewer (Senior Manager) was actually out of the office that day and unable to interview, which I personally didn't see a problem with as getting 4 people's schedule's in sync isn't always easy. The 3rd interview portion (another Manager) had to be done over-the-phone, as that Manager was at an event, but I at least got a chance to speak with her in more detail about the position. The final portion of the interview was done by the Hiring Manager who was both very nice and did a great job in asking the right questions. Some examples were "Where do you see yourself in five years" and "Name one of your areas of improvement". Lastly, she reviewed some of the requirements for the position and how I would rate some of my relevant skills. Although I did not land the position, the interview overall was a teriffic experience and this is one of the few companies I would love to land a long term career with.

Interview Question – "Describe a difficult problem you had to solve at your current position."   View Answer

Marketing Internship Program Interview

Marketing Internship Program
Riverwoods, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Discover.

Interview Details – Attended university career fair, was asked to apply online that evening, invited to an interview at our university a week later when they returned. After that, asked to come for two days to Riverwood, IL

Interview Question – A lillypad doubles in size everyday, on the 24th day it is at half size. How long does it take to get to full size?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – None negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
Riverwoods, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Discover in October 2013.

Interview Details – There are two Manager Interviews 30 minutes each. Later, there are two mentor sessions 30 minutes each with two current employees

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, just come prepared technically and socially.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I accepted during a phone call 3 days after the interview.

Senior Customer Service Specialist Interview

Senior Customer Service Specialist

Interviewed at Discover

Interview Details – interviewing is really easy, basic questions about how you overcome difficult situations, how you went above and beyond for a customer etc.

Riverwoods, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Discover.

Interview Details – I actually interviewed for two different jobs at Discover - Card side was extremely detailed and organized. Network side was much more on-the-fly and fewer layers. Network process started with a phone call from the recruiter in which she detailed the position to me, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, then phone interview with the person I would be replacing, and finished with a 2-3 hour in-person interview with 4 people - hiring manager, hiring manager's boss, another colleague, and the HR recruiter.

Interview process wasn't difficult, although the HR recruiter was a bit off-putting - pretty aggressive and asking extremely rudimentary questions. They also forgot to tell me to bring work samples, but after a month of silence, I was offered the position. I almost didn't accept but I'm glad I did - it seems like a really great place to work.

Negotiation Details – They didn't leave a lot of room for negotiation but did up it a small amount.

Project Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Discover.

Interview Details – Began with an HR interview and then they brought me in for four interviews at once.

Interview Question – Describe why you left all the other jobs you had.   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Discover.

Interview Details – Was contacted by an HR person, after being turned down for the job I actually applied for. Interviews were set up with 4 people. Half of them weren't available, so they had me talk to people who weren't prepared to interview me, and had no idea what to ask me or what to talk about.

Interview Question – Describe the inside of a ping pong ball.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Here's what the job pays. Are you still interested?

Marketing Internship Program Interview

Marketing Internship Program
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Discover in October 2012.

Interview Details – I gave Discover my resume during a career fair, and got contacted with directions on how to apply for an interview. The application process was very straightforward, but the interviews were extremely difficult. There were two 30-minute interviews back-to-back, one analytical and the other more creative. The creative one was more conversational, but the analytical interview asked hard-hitting questions. Be prepared.

Interview Question – How many telephone poles are there in [insert state here]?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Account Manager Interview

Senior Account Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Discover in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewing process consisted of three parts: an online assessment to verify you have the basic skills the job requires, a phone interview used by Discover's hiring department to get a feel for the individual's personality, and finally, an in-person, on-site interview where you will get the opportunity to listen to phone call conversations with customers you will be having, and giving your opinion on them, giving the hiring representative a chance to determine if you share the same views and values in customer care as the company does.

Interview Question – During the interview, the hiring representative will display 10 cards that all show different qualities a customer service representative should have, and they ask that you put them in order from your strongest to weakest abilities, then question you on the order you've given.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Discover Card has a base pay that is negotiable depending on your experience, but incentive is paid out monthly based on your individual and team performance.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Discover