Discover

Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.8

Director, Customer Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Discover in March 2014.

Applied on-line and was contacted by Discover HR first via email with a list of questions to answer and then scheduled a phone screening interview with the same HR person. Passed on for a phone interview with the incumbent manager about 2 weeks later. Invited to come for on-site interviews which happened about 3 weeks after that.

On-site interview logistics were poorly organized; the date changed once and the starting time on the second date also changed the day of. The person who was supposed to pick me up from the lobby never showed and eventually they found someone else to get me. The first scheduled interviewer was actually out of the country and most other interviewers ran at least 15 minutes late.

Interviews were fairly short for the most part and questions were as expected (work history and experiences, how translate to this role, etc.). HR manager told me to expect feedback within 1-4 business days later. However, despite 2 follow-up emails after that within a 3-week period, never heard anything back. Extremely bad form to invest that much (on both ends) and not even give the courtesy of a response.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make customer insights part of the DNA of Discover?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Discover.

I met the campus recruiters through the school career fair and attended a networking event shortly after. Had two 30-min interviews, mostly behavioral (but they asked a lot of specific questions about Discover) a few weeks later. After a month of so, I went to headquarters in Chicago, IL for final round interviews. That day consisted of a tour, 2 30-min interviews, 1 case study, a panel of current employees (where we got to ask them questions and a tour. Good experience overall

Interview Questions
    • What (angle) degree do the hands of the clock make at 2:30?   View Answer

Customer Risk Management Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Discover in March 2014.

There were two round of interviews : One behavioral and one technical interview. Both held in person interview

Interview Questions
    • Which course did you find the most difficult in your course curriculum?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Discover.

Met with 3 individuals as a group for the interview. Was contacted by recruiter with the job offer.

Senior Associate Programming Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Discover.

Was hired right out of school. Had one in person interview during the day at the campus. Received an offer a week later.

Interview Questions
    I was right out of school and happy to get any job so I accepted the first offer they gave. It came with a sign on bonus of $2000.

Marketing Leadership Associate Interview

Phone interview and then called in for an in-person interview

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Discover.

Applied for the job and HR called me within several weeks. The following took place:

An HR recruiter interviewed me over the phone and after he deemed me "fit for the job" he passed my resume onto the hiring manager.

HR called me back and I was brought in for interviews (Riverwoods, IL). They have two buildings connected to one another. HR is in building 2, which is where I parked. I walked in and an Admin from the group walked me in. We had to walk to building 1, which took about 5 minutes.

They put me in a room on the lower level where there was water, soda and snacks. I interviewed with 3 people from the team and then the fourth interview was with HR.

I was called less than a week later to come back in and meet the Sr. Manager. I met with him once and he offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    The pay grades are broad and they overlap. In Riverwoods, the pay grades for an exempt position are roughly:

5 - Associate
    6 - Sr. Associate / Project Manager
    7 - Project Manager
    8 - Manager
    9 - Sr. Manager

There is a low, mid and high range on the pay grades. If you get hired on the low end, you are usually stuck on the low end each time you get promoted. Negotiate at the time of hire and make sure you are at least at the mid to high end of your pay scale.

Call Center Phonebank(Entry-Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Discover in February 2014.

Arranged through an agency, interviewed 2 days later.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Discover in February 2014.

Internal reference. Called twice in that week and in person interview next week. not that hard for phone interview. in person was tricky and a lot of details on SAS and SQL.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

It starts with a phone interview with a recruiter over the phone to go over your resume. After that they will set up an in person interview and then also take you through a walk through.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult customer.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. They offered me a starting salary and I accepted.