Discover

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Riverwoods, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Discover in March 2011.

Interview Details – Initial screening and phone interview done by HR went very well. Just basic questions about my background. They wanted me to meet with the hiring manager, but since I live out of town, they coordinated a time when the hiring manager would be in my area and we could meet in person. The meeting went very well - we basically just chatted about their marketing group and general industry trends. HR called the next day and said they wanted to fly me out to meet the senior leaders and offered to put me up in a hotel room overnight, which I thought was really nice. So I took a day off of work, flew out there, stayed over, and met with two more marketing leaders. Both meetings were fine - they asked a few tough questions about the company and the value I would bring, but nothing unexpected. Sadly though, that was the last I heard from them. No one got back to me on the role or returned my phone calls, which I thought was odd considering the time and effort they spent bringing me out there. I really did like everyone I met at Discover, but in the end, I was extremely disappointed by their lack of respect and professionalism to not tell me that I hadn't gotten the job.

Interview Question – Tell me why you would be an asset to this organization.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Discover

Worked for Discover? Contribute to the Community!

Discover Videos

Discover – Why Work for Us?

We've always believed in giving our customers the best service. When we introduced the first cash rewards credit card in 1986, we committed ourselves to meeting the needs of our cardmembers with the best possible… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Discover Marketing Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Discover employees and interview candidates.