Discover

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Riverwoods, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Discover in November 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed at Discover for their OLP position. It began with a dinner with other applicants one night followed by a day-long interview the next day. It consisted of 3 1:1 interviews, all behavioral questions from the ones I spoke with. Had a panel discussion about Discover and their attempts to be #1 in customer service. They wanted to hear some buzz words to illustrate that you've done your homework, i.e. Pulse Network or Diner's Club. Had lunch followed up by a presentation with a randomized teammates talking about customer service some more. I don't think I got the job because of this presentation. Cliffnotes: know everything Discover does that you think helps them achieve better customer service.

Interview Question – Why Discover?   View Answer

Riverwoods, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Discover in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of:

-On campus Interview: 30 minutes behavioral, 30 minutes case study
-On-site 2nd Round: Group presentation, lunchtime panel discussion with four or five other candidates, 3 30-minute 1 on 1 interviews

Overall, not too bad...just be yourself and make sure you show interest in the company and understand the financial services industry well.

Interview Question – Who is your favorite leader and why? Do you have any qualities that this leader has?   Answer Question

Riverwoods, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Discover in March 2010.

Interview Details – The company came to my undergrad business school to recruit. The first round consisted of two back-to-back interviews: a behavioral interview and a short case. Selections are made based on these interviews, and the next step is held on the Discover campus near Chicago (Riverwoods). The day involved a panel discussion with other candidates and managers, as well as 3 more 1:1 interviews.

Interview Question – They didn't really ask any trick questions, but you better do your homework on this company and the industry. Those that didn't know much about finance fell apart in the panel discussion.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Discover seemed to be a great company to start at, and I came very close to taking this offer. The main reasons why I declined it were that I'm looking for a career in finance, and this position didn't have the rotations I was hoping for in this field. I was told by others that the experience at Discover wouldn't transfer as well as the position I ultimately took, because it is fairly specific to the credit card industry. Additionally, the pay wasn't bad, but for a company that recruits at top schools I was surprised the offer came in below my school's average for finance/accounting.

Worked for Discover? Contribute to the Community!