Discover Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

First round : phone interview 1 hour hr and little technical. Second round : In person interview. HR project Manager( while showing discover campus and explaining benefits) + Technical interview for 1 hour They offered me different package senior developer instead of team lead as there are multiple positions. First round: Technical. Secound round: HR HR question: I am senior developer I answered all technical interviews questions. HR round is only 15 min. Its all depends on HR, if they feel you can embedded in culture they will offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Discover

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Discover.

Interview

HR sent me the wrong JD. The first round is hiring manager phone interview. It is about 30-50 minutes. No technical questions. All based on your resume and behavior question. Not very difficult, but need get good preparation about position and company.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Discover.

Interview

Phone call and one on one. Recruiter reached out on Linked in - had couple of phone interviews, then three interviewed with the direct manager and senior managers. Offer was made within ten days, and joining date was given after a month

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Discover.

Interview

Common routing: submitted my resume and referral online, and then HR then phone screen. The phone interview was about 45 mins from a senior manager. No hard technical questions. Some questions about the company like "What are the sources of revenue of Discover?" and "What are the sources of cost of Discover?"

Anonymous Employee in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Internal reference. Called twice in that week and in person interview next week. not that hard for phone interview. in person was tricky and a lot of details on SAS and SQL.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Discover (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

There are three rounds for whole interview, two by telephone and one by on-site

Interview Questions

• One guy is trying to pull you away from the main topic and rejected you whenever you answered   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

First I had a 30 minute phone interview with HR recruiter. Then I had a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. Then then brought me in and I had four 30 minute interviews. One with the HR recruiter, hiring manager, director, associate on the team (same level) and previous associate who held the position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Discover (Chicago, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

Just ask questions about your resume. Nice people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in January 2008.

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 case interview, 5 interviews on-site. Do your homework on the credit card industry and understand what the key drivers are for how credit card companies make money.

Interview Questions

• How would Discover evaluate whether it would make sense to enter a new lending business?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Discover.

Interview

Standard questions about credit card industry and analytics with 4 Directors. The questions ranged from behavioral to simple SQL questions. Simple case study on card analytics and was tested with the approach

Interview Questions

• What is the minimum number of years of data required to determine seasonality using proc 11   Answer Question