Discover

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Riverwoods, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Discover in February 2014.

Interview Details – Internal reference. Called twice in that week and in person interview next week. not that hard for phone interview. in person was tricky and a lot of details on SAS and SQL.

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Discover in June 2013.

Interview Details – There are three rounds for whole interview, two by telephone and one by on-site

Interview Question – One guy is trying to pull you away from the main topic and rejected you whenever you answered   Answer Question

Riverwoods, IL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Discover in November 2010.

Interview Details – First I had a 30 minute phone interview with HR recruiter. Then I had a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. Then then brought me in and I had four 30 minute interviews. One with the HR recruiter, hiring manager, director, associate on the team (same level) and previous associate who held the position.

Interview Questions

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Discover in September 2010.

Interview Details – Just ask questions about your resume. Nice people

Interview Question – Describe your dissertation work   Answer Question

Riverwoods, IL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Discover in January 2008.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview, 1 case interview, 5 interviews on-site. Do your homework on the credit card industry and understand what the key drivers are for how credit card companies make money.

Interview Question – How would Discover evaluate whether it would make sense to enter a new lending business?   Answer Question

Senior Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Discover.

Interview Details – Standard questions about credit card industry and analytics with 4 Directors.
The questions ranged from behavioral to simple SQL questions. Simple case study on card analytics and was tested with the approach

Interview Question – What is the minimum number of years of data required to determine seasonality using proc 11   Answer Question

Senior Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Discover.

Interview Details – On campus interview first that consisted of a case and behavioral questions. 45 minutes for both of these interviews. There was then a day of interviewing for the final round. 10 people made it to the final round. There was Q&A panel discussion consisting of a moderator and the candidates. There were 3 30 minute interviews with senior level directors and managers. There was a group case presentation also.

Interview Question – Nothing that was really difficult. The panel discussion was something different. I have never been on an interview where the candidates all answered questions together and built off or challenged each other.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was for a leadership program. There was no negotiation allowed.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Discover

Worked for Discover? Contribute to the Community!

Discover Videos

Discover – Why Work for Us?

We've always believed in giving our customers the best service. When we introduced the first cash rewards credit card in 1986, we committed ourselves to meeting the needs of our cardmembers with the best possible… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Discover Senior Associate interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Discover employees and interview candidates.