Discover

Relevance Date Difficulty

Advanced Verification Analyst Interview

Advanced Verification Analyst
West Valley City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Discover in June 2012.

Interview Details – It is much easier to get into Discover with an employee referral. I initially applied online and waited months for a response, but once my friend referral application I was called within 3 days.

Discover does a credit and background check. They called all my previous employers that I listed on my resume. They also did a drug test.

My interview gauged my personality just as much as job experience. They had a list of personality traits and asked me to order them from words that most described me to words that least described me. They then asked me questions about my previous work experience and how my skills could contribute to the company.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were very basic. They didn't really ask anything that threw me off guard.   Answer Question

Personal Loan Specialist Interview

Personal Loan Specialist
West Valley City, UT

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Discover in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. The following day I was contacted by a recruiter. She went over in detail what the job invluded and a few specifics. Acted as if it was a phone interview but never specified that it "was" a phone interview. Call took around 20 mins. I interviewed the following day in person with the same recruiter. This interview was pretty standard and really a walk in the park. Most of the questions involved personality based questions rather than focusing on work experience. I was told at the end that I would be interviewing again but I needed to take a questionnaire that would be emailed to me. Upon completion, I was contacted once more for my final interview with the Department Manager, and Supervisor. They asked me 5 whole questions overall and put alot of stress on job description and my knowledge of what this position entailed. Main focus they had was answering any and all questions I had. I was contacted 2 hours later with an offer by the same recruiter i i terviewed with earlier. Overall process from application to offer took 5 days.

Interview Question – Unexpected: "How are you able to adapt in a very fluid work environment?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate as I was told the decision is based on experience/education. Being a bigger company, I felt like their hands would be tied if I attempted a negotiation for this type of position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
West Valley City, UT

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Discover in March 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring department called and conducted a phone interview with basic interview questions. Stated that I was over qualified for the job I applied for, Student Loans, and that she would contact other departments to find a better match for me and never heard back. I called and left a couple of messages with no response.

Interview Question – I was surprised that there was no follow up. Made me feel as if the person that contacted me initially and conducted the phone interview was not on top of her job.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Interview

Sales
West Valley City, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Discover in September 2008.

Interview Details – Passed computer test, interviewed on site which took about 3 hours, asked lots of specific questions about sales experience, 'tell me about a time when".., offered job on the spot.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had a difficult person and what you did about it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations - they decide beforehand salaries etc. Starting wage and commissions are very high and reasonable. It is easy to make money if you are good on the phone and at sales.

Senior Credit Anlysist Interview

Senior Credit Anlysist
West Valley City, UT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Discover in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR. Then I had a 1:1 interview at the location. They were very friendly. The questions were Situation, Action, Outcome questions. They did say they would get back to me with in 48 hours, but I had to e-mail them and ask them about it before I got an e-mail saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• They showed me a statement and asked me to point out anything that stuck out. I didn't know what they were looking for.   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time when you stood up to a manager.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Discover? Contribute to the Community!

Discover Videos

Discover – Why Work for Us?

We've always believed in giving our customers the best service. When we introduced the first cash rewards credit card in 1986, we committed ourselves to meeting the needs of our cardmembers with the best possible… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Discover interview questions and advice in West Valley City, UT. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Discover employees and interview candidates.