Discover Interview Questions in West Valley City, UT

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Discover.

The interview process when I was hired consisted of three interviews or levels. The first one was HR, the second was a team leader, and the third was a department manager. You need to pass each level to get hired and the questions get a bit harder each time. Just keep it professional, on topic (relevant), and having experience or talking about sales really helps.

After working here for a while you will see all kinds of people that have worked here. It seems overkill to really go to the level they make you go through for a job. They really should talk to you for a bit, confirm you are not a criminal and a decent person and give you a shot.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation wasn't an option. They just told me what the job was paying and that is it.

Personal Loan Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Discover in July 2013.

I applied online. The following day I was contacted by a recruiter. She went over in detail what the job invluded and a few specifics. Acted as if it was a phone interview but never specified that it "was" a phone interview. Call took around 20 mins. I interviewed the following day in person with the same recruiter. This interview was pretty standard and really a walk in the park. Most of the questions involved personality based questions rather than focusing on work experience. I was told at the end that I would be interviewing again but I needed to take a questionnaire that would be emailed to me. Upon completion, I was contacted once more for my final interview with the Department Manager, and Supervisor. They asked me 5 whole questions overall and put alot of stress on job description and my knowledge of what this position entailed. Main focus they had was answering any and all questions I had. I was contacted 2 hours later with an offer by the same recruiter i i terviewed with earlier. Overall process from application to offer took 5 days.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: "How are you able to adapt in a very fluid work environment?"   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate as I was told the decision is based on experience/education. Being a bigger company, I felt like their hands would be tied if I attempted a negotiation for this type of position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Discover in March 2013.

Hiring department called and conducted a phone interview with basic interview questions. Stated that I was over qualified for the job I applied for, Student Loans, and that she would contact other departments to find a better match for me and never heard back. I called and left a couple of messages with no response.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised that there was no follow up. Made me feel as if the person that contacted me initially and conducted the phone interview was not on top of her job.   Answer Question

Advanced Verification Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Discover in June 2012.

It is much easier to get into Discover with an employee referral. I initially applied online and waited months for a response, but once my friend referral application I was called within 3 days.

Discover does a credit and background check. They called all my previous employers that I listed on my resume. They also did a drug test.

My interview gauged my personality just as much as job experience. They had a list of personality traits and asked me to order them from words that most described me to words that least described me. They then asked me questions about my previous work experience and how my skills could contribute to the company.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were very basic. They didn't really ask anything that threw me off guard.   Answer Question

Senior Credit Anlysist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Discover in January 2010.

Phone interview with HR. Then I had a 1:1 interview at the location. They were very friendly. The questions were Situation, Action, Outcome questions. They did say they would get back to me with in 48 hours, but I had to e-mail them and ask them about it before I got an e-mail saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • They showed me a statement and asked me to point out anything that stuck out. I didn't know what they were looking for.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you stood up to a manager.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Discover in September 2008.

Passed computer test, interviewed on site which took about 3 hours, asked lots of specific questions about sales experience, 'tell me about a time when".., offered job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a difficult person and what you did about it.   View Answer
    No negotiations - they decide beforehand salaries etc. Starting wage and commissions are very high and reasonable. It is easy to make money if you are good on the phone and at sales.