DiscoverOrg Interview Questions

1.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at DiscoverOrg

Controller Interview

Interview process went very smoothly. Coordinated by the administrative staff, I met with the founders and had a job offer in a short period of time. All my questions were answered and I walked away excited about the opportunity. I would recommend this company to others in the ares.

Interview Questions

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied online - interviewed at DiscoverOrg in November 2012.

Interview was laid back and ran through the team quickly to be met at the end by Henry Schuck the company CEO. He was excited and offered me the job on the spot. That they are desperate for individual contributors, and how impressed he is with my qualifications. He said that he would send a written offer the next day, which did not arrive until three days later with no start date. He required me to apply for a federal retraining grant and run through a humiliating screening process with WorkSource Vancouver before "starting." A few days later I got a call that there are "flags" and "concerns" raised, and was given the hint that I was not starting until after they delved into all of my personal references. Then he had one of his subordinates call all my references and ignore my emails. The ceo never got back with me, but had one of his subordinates send me an email rescinding the employment offer.

This was the most unprofessional experience I have ever had with a company owner. He did not answer emails asking about start date, etc. and when I showed up to find out the details he treated me like a million dollar producing body he was not quite sure he wanted.

I have ten years of agressive sales experience and a graduate degree. I can't help but think he would have been less concerned if I just got fired from the Safeway Store as a Grocery Bagger.

Interview Questions
    • But, what was most difficult was knowing that his loyal, motivated, and talented team of creative folks where probably not receiving the respect they deserve.   Answer Question
    There really was not one, the company says it wants motivated people, but that means that you move next to the office and work 80 hours a week for a boss who can't give you the courtesy of a start date after he offers you a job. The deal is, bring in 1.5 Million in sales for an entry level salary, and be excited about it even if the owner does not respect his people.

Worked for DiscoverOrg? Contribute to the Community!