Discovery Communications Editorial Intern At HSW Interview Questions & Reviews

1 interview

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Editorial Intern At HSW Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications in December 2010.

The initial phone interview was planned one day in advance which was canceled due to sudden work changes and moved to over a week later. Once we talked, the recruiter was very nice and easy going. She asked me a couple general question and reconfirmed my ability to intern at their offices in Atlanta. She then went into further detail on the position and asked if I thought I would fit the position and if I had any questions for her. She then sent my resume off to the HSW offices where I received a phone call a couple hours later to schedule my 1:1 in-person interview a couple days later. The in person meeting was also very easy-going. I was given very good and thorough instructions on how to find their building and office which none of my other interviews provided at all no matter how difficult their building was to find. She then told me about the work past interns did and what kind of work I would be expecting to do. She asked me a few questions and asked if I had any questions. I was then passed onto the senior editor for a second 1:1 in person interview. She asked me similar questions, but focused more on the work I had done previously and what I was interested in than my work ethics. On my way home, I received a phone call telling me I had been offered the position, but because I had been also interviewing at other places, they gave me a few days to decide what I wanted to do.

Interview Questions

Worked for Discovery Communications? Contribute to the Community!