Discovery Communications

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Silver Spring, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Discovery Communications in April 2011.

Interview Details – It took a while before I finally got a phone call about positions I had applied to. I eventually got a call and went in for an interview a few weeks later.

Interview Question – How soon can you start?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate. The salary was pretty straight forward. For others considering an offer - I'd aim higher or else you'll regret it on the backside.

Century City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications in September 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview was standard. In person interview was too. Found it odd that they suggest that you park in the Century City Mall and walk 2 blocks to their building.

Interview Question – What do you know about the company   Answer Question

Silver Spring, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Discovery Communications in November 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume online and was contacted a couple of days later for a phone screen. I was initially very impressed with the response time. Phone screen was very generic, just walking through my resume, what a typical day looked like and why I left each company. I was told that I would be contacted to schedule an in person interview, but I never heard from the recruiter. I even emailed her to ask the status and did not get a response. It's fine if they went in a different direction but at least respond to the candidates.

Interview Question – The phone screen just consisted of what I did at each job and why I left.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Discovery Communications

Worked for Discovery Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Discovery Communications Videos

Discovery Communications – Why Work for Us?

Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the world's #1 nonfiction media company reaching more than two billion cumulative subscribers in over 220 countries and territories. Discovery is dedicated to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Discovery Communications Human Resources interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Discovery Communications employees and interview candidates.