Discovery Communications

Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Resources Interview

Applied online and received an email requesting an interview through HireVue a few days later. The interview requires that you answer 5 pre-programmed questions on your webcam. You are given one minute to think about the question and one minute to respond... then it moves on. It was very disappointing to not interview with an actual person. It is important to establish rapport in an interview, and this interview method was, quite honestly, horrible.

Other Interview Reviews for Discovery Communications

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Discovery Communications in November 2011.

Submitted my resume online and was contacted a couple of days later for a phone screen. I was initially very impressed with the response time. Phone screen was very generic, just walking through my resume, what a typical day looked like and why I left each company. I was told that I would be contacted to schedule an in person interview, but I never heard from the recruiter. I even emailed her to ask the status and did not get a response. It's fine if they went in a different direction but at least respond to the candidates.

Interview Questions
    • The phone screen just consisted of what I did at each job and why I left.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications in September 2011.

Phone interview was standard. In person interview was too. Found it odd that they suggest that you park in the Century City Mall and walk 2 blocks to their building.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Discovery Communications in April 2011.

It took a while before I finally got a phone call about positions I had applied to. I eventually got a call and went in for an interview a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't able to negotiate. The salary was pretty straight forward. For others considering an offer - I'd aim higher or else you'll regret it on the backside.