Discovery Communications Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2014

2.4

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

The process was easy. All you need to do is do an online video. The questions were easy and I thought they would be a lot harder. You really dont need to prepatre for it at all.

Other Interview Reviews for Discovery Communications

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

I originally applied online in February. Then in March I had to do the video interview answering four questions. About 2 weeks later I got a call from a hiring manager and had a phone call with him in April. The next day he said I was going to get the job. It was a casual conversation and very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't too hard. They were basic questions that you would expect to be asked.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation because interns get paid minimum wage.

Intern Interview

Recorded a video interview with prompted questions and I had 1 minute to answer each question. There were four total questions - things such as 'Why Discovery?', and 'Tell us about your favorite character from one of our shows and why.' Then, I was contacted by a specific department and had a phone interview with the department.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your favorite character on any Discovery network, and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Submitted online application, received email notification about follow up responses. Was invited to an in-person interview with all the hiring managers and received a call several weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in a media firm given your background? (I interned in pharmaceutical companies exclusively)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Online survey, followed by a webcam interview took about 4 weeks

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Applied online and received a survey about 2 weeks later asking if i was still interested. Then, I received an email to complete an online video interview. Video interview had 5 questions about Discovery and me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

I had one phone interview with the team after speaking generally with the HR department

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications in February 2014.

First, did the online application. Then did a survey. After that was a computerized interview with 5 questions.

Interview Questions
    • General questions why do you want for us? What's your favorite channel?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process of applying summer intern of discovery this year is online application, survey, and two interviews. The first interview is an online video audition. I feel like it was not a tough interview, one needs to answer several interview questions and just to be oneself is gonna to be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications in November 2012.

There were many steps to the interview process, ending with a career fair like interview. I got hired a few days after so it is definitely possible.

Interview Questions
    • All seemed pretty standard but you need to have a clear idea of what you want to do.   Answer Question

Worked for Discovery Communications? Contribute to the Community!