Discovery Communications

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Discovery Communications

Interview Details – The process was easy. All you need to do is do an online video. The questions were easy and I thought they would be a lot harder. You really dont need to prepatre for it at all.

Interview Question – Whats your favorite food?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details – I originally applied online in February. Then in March I had to do the video interview answering four questions. About 2 weeks later I got a call from a hiring manager and had a phone call with him in April. The next day he said I was going to get the job. It was a casual conversation and very friendly.

Interview Question – The questions weren't too hard. They were basic questions that you would expect to be asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation because interns get paid minimum wage.

Interviewed at Discovery Communications

Interview Details – Recorded a video interview with prompted questions and I had 1 minute to answer each question. There were four total questions - things such as 'Why Discovery?', and 'Tell us about your favorite character from one of our shows and why.' Then, I was contacted by a specific department and had a phone interview with the department.

Interview Question – Who is your favorite character on any Discovery network, and why?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details – Submitted online application, received email notification about follow up responses. Was invited to an in-person interview with all the hiring managers and received a call several weeks later.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in a media firm given your background? (I interned in pharmaceutical companies exclusively)   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details – Online survey, followed by a webcam interview took about 4 weeks

Interview Question – list as many novel ways to use a paperclip as you can   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a survey about 2 weeks later asking if i was still interested. Then, I received an email to complete an online video interview. Video interview had 5 questions about Discovery and me.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, usual questions   Answer Question

Silver Spring, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details – I had one phone interview with the team after speaking generally with the HR department

Interview Question – What are my favorite production companies?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications in February 2014.

Interview Details – First, did the online application. Then did a survey. After that was a computerized interview with 5 questions.

Interview Question – General questions why do you want for us? What's your favorite channel?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Discovery Communications

Interview Details – The process of applying summer intern of discovery this year is online application, survey, and two interviews. The first interview is an online video audition. I feel like it was not a tough interview, one needs to answer several interview questions and just to be oneself is gonna to be fine.

Silver Spring, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications in November 2012.

Interview Details – There were many steps to the interview process, ending with a career fair like interview. I got hired a few days after so it is definitely possible.

Interview Question – All seemed pretty standard but you need to have a clear idea of what you want to do.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Discovery Communications

Worked for Discovery Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Discovery Communications Videos

Discovery Communications – Why Work for Us?

Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the world's #1 nonfiction media company reaching more than two billion cumulative subscribers in over 220 countries and territories. Discovery is dedicated to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Discovery Communications Intern interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Discovery Communications employees and interview candidates.