Discovery Communications Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.6

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Filled out an application online and was then asked to do a video interview. Shortly after completing the interview I was emailed an invitation to a "job fair" type group interview at the company headquarters. I decided that it was worth it to travel (on a student budget) to the hiring fair, only to find out that I was up against 200+ other students with only about 20 hiring managers. There was a lot of waiting in line. I received positive feedback from multiple hiring managers and felt like things went well.. But I guess not because I never heard back from any of them. Giant waste of time. Obviously some students did get internships, but the chances were extremely slim and we weren't given enough information on what to expect.

TO DISCOVERY HR: You should be ashamed of yourselves for treating college students this way. We are in debt, overloaded with courses, terrified about our futures, and companies like Discovery just lead us on and literally make us beg for internships. Seriously, someone couldn't have just hopped on Skype and interviewed the top 10-20 candidates? I'm sure you already had your favorites picked out.. I doubt 1.5 hours at a hiring fair changed anyones minds. Why make us come all the way out there for nothing?

Interview Questions
  • They were all easy. I doubt anyone even watched my video interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Discovery Communications

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Initial screening video followed by a "job fair" style meet-and-greet, then one more interview over the phone.
    Interviewers were engaging and friendly, and the conversation was not difficult, just wanted to know more about me. Very focused on behavioral factors during the interview. A lot seemed to be focused on what I had on my resume that I submitted. Overall a great experience.

Intern Interview

online interview. the interview questions were the usual, tell us about yourself, why do you want to work for discovery, what are you most proud of that's not on your resume.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Discovery Communications in December 2014.

I applied online. Then I was asked to fill out a questionnaire. Then I received a link directing me to do a video interview through Hirevue. It was my first time doing it but the questions were pretty standard. Then I received an invitation to a hiring fair that ended up being 300 students all waiting in line from table to table trying to talk to hiring managers. Way too much pressure and not enough time to discuss ideas in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince your parents to watch your favorite discovery show?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications in November 2014.

I applied for a Discovery internship through my university. The entire process took about 3 weeks. The application was pretty standard- a few questions, a cover letter, and a resume.

I had two interviews in one day- one personality based and one more experience based. The interviewers were really casual and friendly. They were running about an hour behind schedule, so I ended up waiting for a long time. 4 Discovery representatives were present in each of my interviews.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications in November 2014.

It is a online recorded interview. Also my first time to have this type of interview. Received rejection around a month later. Questions include what is your favorite channel... Well it would be hard if you do not have much experience or general experience of watching their channels.

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

I applied online through their website after seeing a posting of an internship opportunity on my university's career services site. I got an email request for an interview after a week or so. The interview was a screening interview through video recording. I'd done something like it before so it wasn't too strange for me. There were 5 questions, with two minutes to answer each one, one for preparation, and the other for recording, all really general questions.

Intern Interview

I apply the position online. About two weeks later, I get the email said I got a video interview, the question is normal questions and they are not difficult. For the video interview, I think you should speak louder and practice before you record your answer.

Intern Interview

After submitting an online application and waiting a few weeks, they sent me a survey on Survey Monkey asking me questions such as whether I was still interested, my GPA, my areas of interests. Very simple stuff. After another week or two I received an email telling me to conduct a virtual interview via Interview Stream. The virtual interview was very short and asked only 5 questions - why you're interested, greatest strength, etc. This was as far as I got in the interview process.

Intern Interview

The process was easy. All you need to do is do an online video. The questions were easy and I thought they would be a lot harder. You really dont need to prepatre for it at all.