Discovery Communications Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

The interview process was not bad. I applied online through the corporate site, I was then emailed to conduct a Skype interview answering questions that were automated (essentially you will talk to a computer), Lastly, was an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince your parents to watch your favorite tv show that they have never heard of?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Discovery Communications

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

lengthy but worth it - first was an online question session followed by follow up from hiring supervisors. from there skype interview due to location. offer was extended shortly after

Anonymous Employee in North Manchester, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications (North Manchester, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was incredibly non-personal and uncomfortable. It was an online interview which created all kinds of unrealistic expectations (i.e. you had to record your one-minute response). Questions were relatively easy. They're probably looking for someone who is uber-enthusiastic about their network (which, let's be honest, is a tall task nowadays).

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Online application followed by short recorded video interviews (4 questions and 1 minute to answer each question), then phone interview. The questions were relatively predictable (why would you make a good intern, why do you want to work for Discovery etc.) The phone interview was partially informational and involved more basic questions about how you would handle specific tasks and what your experience was.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Filled out an application online and was then asked to do a video interview. Shortly after completing the interview I was emailed an invitation to a "job fair" type group interview at the company headquarters. I decided that it was worth it to travel (on a student budget) to the hiring fair, only to find out that I was up against 200+ other students with only about 20 hiring managers. There was a lot of waiting in line. I received positive feedback from multiple hiring managers and felt like things went well.. But I guess not because I never heard back from any of them. Giant waste of time. Obviously some students did get internships, but the chances were extremely slim and we weren't given enough information on what to expect. TO DISCOVERY HR: You should be ashamed of yourselves for treating college students this way. We are in debt, overloaded with courses, terrified about our futures, and companies like Discovery just lead us on and literally make us beg for internships. Seriously, someone couldn't have just hopped on Skype and interviewed the top 10-20 candidates? I'm sure you already had your favorites picked out.. I doubt 1.5 hours at a hiring fair changed anyones minds. Why make us come all the way out there for nothing?

Interview Questions

• They were all easy. I doubt anyone even watched my video interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Initial screening video followed by a "job fair" style meet-and-greet, then one more interview over the phone. Interviewers were engaging and friendly, and the conversation was not difficult, just wanted to know more about me. Very focused on behavioral factors during the interview. A lot seemed to be focused on what I had on my resume that I submitted. Overall a great experience.

Intern Interview

Interview

online interview. the interview questions were the usual, tell us about yourself, why do you want to work for discovery, what are you most proud of that's not on your resume.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Discovery Communications in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Then I was asked to fill out a questionnaire. Then I received a link directing me to do a video interview through Hirevue. It was my first time doing it but the questions were pretty standard. Then I received an invitation to a hiring fair that ended up being 300 students all waiting in line from table to table trying to talk to hiring managers. Way too much pressure and not enough time to discuss ideas in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince your parents to watch your favorite discovery show?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for a Discovery internship through my university. The entire process took about 3 weeks. The application was pretty standard- a few questions, a cover letter, and a resume. I had two interviews in one day- one personality based and one more experience based. The interviewers were really casual and friendly. They were running about an hour behind schedule, so I ended up waiting for a long time. 4 Discovery representatives were present in each of my interviews.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications in November 2014.

Interview

It is a online recorded interview. Also my first time to have this type of interview. Received rejection around a month later. Questions include what is your favorite channel... Well it would be hard if you do not have much experience or general experience of watching their channels.